HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2006, 09:56 AM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
It's Thursday. After a marathon in the For-Sale board, my wallet is kind of smoking. But anyhow....

Winter is coming! We don't need more ARFs to sit in the corner and gather dust, we need INDOOR projects!

We need these in the Crash Sale:
1. Indoor Helis (of course)
2. Kits. (Yes, KITS! Remember those? They are those strange non-RTF boxes full of tree splinters that use to make this hobby go round)
3. Simulators.
4. Building tools (x-acto blades, dremel tools, glue, soldering equipment, etc)

I think there should be a reasonable backlog of this stuff that we could make use of.

Just throwing ideas out.

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2006, 11:49 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
A good kit at a good price would be nice
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Nov 09, 2006, 11:50 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondo
A good kit at a good price would be nice
ANOTHER ONE?????

You know...between you and I, we can start our own Hobby Store and make Graves RC run for their money!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Nov 09, 2006, 01:59 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Carlos:

I've been to your house. You have way more planes and way nicer ones too. You should donate some to charity!!
Old Nov 09, 2006, 02:42 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
I've seen mainly ARFs and RTFs. What kit did I miss? Rats.

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2006, 03:38 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Jim;

To be honest, none that I'm aware of. Still, it would be nice if they sold something that we could all use in the winter, like a kit to build.
Old Nov 09, 2006, 04:08 PM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondo
Carlos:

I've been to your house. You have way more planes and way nicer ones too. You should donate some to charity!!

Yeah, I agree with Henry.
Charity S.
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Old Nov 09, 2006, 06:32 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,014 Posts
I believe the "lameness" has much to do with the 105 pages of complaints in this thread which was started 10 months ago. Do you honestly think a company can sell $100 kits for $30 every single week and do it for 10+ months? I personally think HL should have only done a few crash sales. The first few were pretty good. They sold some stuff pretty cheap. What was the result? Complaints.

Complaints that they sold out too quick, complaints people bought too many and hogged the inventory, complaints that the were charged a few extra dollars on shipping (even though they just saved a lot of $$$ on their purchase), complaints for no computer access during sale times. Then due to the complaints, they offer an extention of the sale and receive more complaints about the delivery time on a backordered out of production product . Then throw in some complaints about what goods are being sold, complaints the sale prices are not really sale prices, then add in a few more complaints on top of a few other complaints and there you have it. I am sure if they cancel the Crash sale there will be complaints it is gone, and by keeping it going the complaints will continue. I honestly dont know what people are expecting HL to do anymore. I find it funny what they offered up for this last Crash sale, I think it was quite deserving of the treatment they have received over the majority of these past 105 pages.

For those who are unhappy with HL, I hope you are at least consistant, and are equally as critical with places like Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears, JCPenney, etc, and every other store that advertises in the weekly Sunday sales papers. Their levels of sale items and discounts vary all the time.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2006, 06:46 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Very well written!

Yes indeed, you go to BEST BUY to get yourself that Lap Top for under $400 and they never have enough so, lets post a thread on them!!

COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT ARE US!
Old Nov 09, 2006, 07:04 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
I believe the "lameness" has much to do with the 105 pages of complaints in this thread which was started 10 months ago. Do you honestly think a company can sell $100 kits for $30 every single week and do it for 10+ months? I personally think HL should have only done a few crash sales. The first few were pretty good. They sold some stuff pretty cheap. What was the result? Complaints.

Complaints that they sold out too quick, complaints people bought too many and hogged the inventory, complaints that the were charged a few extra dollars on shipping (even though they just saved a lot of $$$ on their purchase), complaints for no computer access during sale times. Then due to the complaints, they offer an extention of the sale and receive more complaints about the delivery time on a backordered out of production product . Then throw in some complaints about what goods are being sold, complaints the sale prices are not really sale prices, then add in a few more complaints on top of a few other complaints and there you have it. I am sure if they cancel the Crash sale there will be complaints it is gone, and by keeping it going the complaints will continue. I honestly dont know what people are expecting HL to do anymore. I find it funny what they offered up for this last Crash sale, I think it was quite deserving of the treatment they have received over the majority of these past 105 pages.

For those who are unhappy with HL, I hope you are at least consistant, and are equally as critical with places like Best Buy, Circuit City, Sears, JCPenney, etc, and every other store that advertises in the weekly Sunday sales papers. Their levels of sale items and discounts vary all the time.
Well put "The Don". I agree with you 100%

People:
If you don't like the sale...don't buy it. HL is only trying to give good deals on "something". Just feel fortunate that there is a special sale AT ALL.

I'm sure you all can agree weather you want to or not.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Nov 09, 2006, 07:12 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
The problem .....people just Love to Complain!
Old Nov 09, 2006, 11:12 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
For those who are unhappy with HL
I think HL rocks personally. They've been great to me.

However, I do think the Crash sale has run it's course. I think you were right and it should have just been run for the first few months. Then hold off for a year maybe?? I know afterthoughts don't help much.

Let's just hope they're saving some juicy items for down the road...

Brian
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old Nov 09, 2006, 11:21 PM
Cedar Falls Ia
Joined Jun 2005
725 Posts
To The Don, Amen brother.
Gene
Tsquare is offline Find More Posts by Tsquare
Old Nov 10, 2006, 01:42 AM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsquare
To The Don, Amen brother.
Gene
Ditto!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Nov 10, 2006, 08:02 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
The lameness IMHO comes from the fact that they advertised this great fantastic "CRASH" sale which stipulated "deeper than normal discounts" in an effort to bolster their business and name. They did accomplish this as everyone now knows HL. The problem is the crash sales have gone down hill since as it has been put, they can't keep selling 100 kits for 30.00. What they should do then is simply discontinue them. Rather than claiming they are having something which they are not, a deeper than normal discount on some product. That at least would be more honest than claiming to have that which is not, some great sale once a week.