HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2006, 09:42 AM
Too little play time...
South Alabama
Joined Feb 2005
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Jeti Mini Peak Charger - Tiny, 2.5 x 1.25 x .5". Three selections for battery capacity: 50 to 110 mAh, 150 to 300 mAh, and 350 to 800 mAh nicads. Designed to charge small nicad packs of 4 to 7 cells quickly and at rates that will not hurt them. Essential for slowflyers with tiny nicad packs. $20.00
Wow, that is about as lame as they get... I missed the cheap servos last time due to court and was hoping to part with some money today.

Does anyone actually uses chargers like that?

LAME.
WarrrEagle! is offline Find More Posts by WarrrEagle!
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2006, 10:18 AM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
It'd be useful if it did 8 cells for a TX charge. Man...this has all the power of the chargers that come with the $30 RTF planes.

Ah well, no biggie. See ya guys next week!

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2006, 10:21 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Wow, I thought the Blinky Lights were lame but this Crash Sale takes the cake. . Who uses Nicads anymore? better yet, who would pay $20 for a Nicad charger? These "Crash" sales are getting to be a joke, come on Hobby Lobby you can do better than this!

I will pass on this sale & you can consider this my weekly "Whine" if you want. I am just glad I bought the "Good" Crash stuff before this sale became a sad joke.

-Mike-
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Nov 08, 2006, 10:26 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
I have to agree on the new level of lameness the Crash sale has reached.

Yeah let the guys who post after this post say "Well I think HL is doing a great job, these guys are just whiners... blah blah" ... admit it, this one goes down in the "What the heck were they thinking?!" record book.

This might have been a great item... in 1994.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Nov 08, 2006, 10:27 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Trust me, if you want "Crash" like pricing, place an order with United Hobbies & you will not be sorry. I got my order in only 7 days from Hong Kong & the products are quite good IMHO. Check out their great prices on Brushless ESC's, Servos & Motors. I will be placing another order VERY soon.

P.S. - Just don't try & send them a Money Order, PAYPAL only!

-Mike-
Old Nov 08, 2006, 10:45 AM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
Didn't we just have good servos at an awesome price a week or two ago? Where's the cheese....

Enough with the United Hobbies. Bad form to advertise another vendor in a vendor-specific thread.

I'm not sure Hobby Lobby would be extra profitable if they kept selling at a loss every week (especially since many ONLY buy the crash sale stuff).

I'll admit that this week's sale deserves no praise, but most of my favorite stores don't host this many sales anyways. This is essentially the same as saying, "nothing special this week, try again next week."

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2006, 10:53 AM
to fly or not to not fly
Hua Hin, Thailand
Joined Aug 2005
644 Posts
Yeah, what does United Hobbies have to do with the HL Crash sale? Dude, you're weirding me out... let me see your I.D. ...

But yeah, this week's 'crash' sale was more like a 'fender bender'. Okay, a shopping cart hit the bumper lightly.

Okay fine, a bug hit the windshield. A mosquito.
planebane is offline Find More Posts by planebane
Last edited by planebane; Nov 08, 2006 at 11:35 AM. Reason: speling
Old Nov 08, 2006, 10:55 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined May 2002
629 Posts
I bought one almost a year ago and I think it's great. It's compact so it's easy to store and carry. It's not that versatile but we don't always need a charger that will do everything.
rszanti is offline Find More Posts by rszanti
Old Nov 08, 2006, 11:22 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planebane
Yeah, what does United Hobbies have to do with the HL Crash sale? Dude, you're weirding me out... let me see your I.D. ...

But yeah, this week's 'crash' sale was more like a 'fender bender'. Okay, a shopping cart hit the bumper lightly.

Okay fine, a bug hit the windsheild. A mosquito.
Dude:

Get with the program , read back a few posts, there was a discusssion
about United Hobbies & I reported that I would report back once I got the stuff. I will report back once I get more stuff from United , OK?

-Mike-
Old Nov 08, 2006, 11:32 AM
to fly or not to not fly
Hua Hin, Thailand
Joined Aug 2005
644 Posts
Okay, I see your point. But you have to admit it's OT a smidgen.

Anyway I'll post this link and call truce. I think they might need your help over there

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564865
planebane is offline Find More Posts by planebane
Old Nov 08, 2006, 12:53 PM
Cedar Falls Ia
Joined Jun 2005
725 Posts
"Who uses Nicads anymore?" Beginners like me who are smart enough to know better than to use Lipos. Kinda like this thread "CRASH".
Gene
Tsquare is offline Find More Posts by Tsquare
Old Nov 08, 2006, 01:54 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
This take the case for all the lammo crash sales. A totally useless charger for a dead event. Sorry to say, it's gone down the tubes. Mike Rebman, re united hobbies, do a search in the vendor section for 'world hobbies' same company and you will see how bad they are. You have been lucky, so far.
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Nov 08, 2006, 02:31 PM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Well, this week the Crash Sale Crashed....
Bil
Nanty Glo Beach, Florida
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Old Nov 08, 2006, 02:47 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
seems to be the general consensus Bil!
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Nov 08, 2006, 06:57 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsquare
"Who uses Nicads anymore?" Beginners like me who are smart enough to know better than to use Lipos. Kinda like this thread "CRASH".
Gene
Beleive it or NOT GregG and myself (Guapoman2000) still uses Sub-C Size, Ni-MH's on our 40 size about above RC Models (mostly Glow-to-Electric conversions).

They fly great!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=18
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000