SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 21, 2006, 07:48 PM
inconceivable
Joined Sep 2006
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondo
Great, because although I detest World Hobbies/United/Asiaexs/hobby koala {all the same person/company} I didn't intend to insult any person's race and I would have felt terrible if I had inadvertently said something racist. I'm from New York, and NY is the melting pot of the world. We have every type of person living here, every race, every possible combination of human being and I would hope that I would be better than that. Thanks again.

Henry
TYKEY have you ever seen the UK series 'the office'?Classic tv,particularly the episode dealing with race issues? the one with the Slough branch newcomers?Series two?if you haven't rent it pure genious.
Also me 'ol cocker do not forget HOBBYKONG!!!!!!
KING KOALA KONG next,probably still use HEXTRONIK though with all the labels he's printed and they take your paypal??????He's a mentalist as Alan Partridge would say.
.In the words of Jim Royal 'racist my ####'
margaret.roberts is offline Find More Posts by margaret.roberts
Last edited by margaret.roberts; Oct 21, 2006 at 09:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:12 PM
Brandon Evers
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2006
355 Posts
This thread is concerned with Hobby-Lobby, please do not drag your United Hobbies disputes here. There are 2 other, more appropriate threads for that.

-Brandon
bevers01 is offline Find More Posts by bevers01
Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:18 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Good point, I have no idea how the conversation digressed. I apologize whole heartedly to HL, as they are such an excellent company and in no way associated with World/United Hobbies. So does anyone have anything to report regarding the axi they had on sale Tuesday?
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:19 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Now I remember, someone suggested I get something on United Hobbies. Anyway, back to HL, some excellent deals to be had there. Mighty lot of weather we've been having!!
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:24 PM
inconceivable
Joined Sep 2006
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Good point, I have no idea how the conversation digressed. I apologize whole heartedly to HL, as they are such an excellent company and in no way associated with World/United Hobbies. So does anyone have anything to report regarding the axi they had on sale Tuesday?
I bought an Axi and the handle was missing but i never complained
Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:25 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,517 Posts
Quote:
So does anyone have anything to report regarding the axi they had on sale Tuesday?
It's still for sale at the same price

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/ezonegene...rce=bar&kw=gen
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:31 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
I was just gettting ready to place an order with United Hobbies, Is this a bad idea?

-Thanks-

Mike
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Oct 21, 2006, 08:42 PM
AMA 506547
Joined Sep 2004
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrebman
I was just gettting ready to place an order with United Hobbies, Is this a bad idea?
Depends on whether or not you are a gambling man
Do a search for em in "vendor talk". You'll see what the hubbub is all about.

Can't go wrong with Hobby Lobby though
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2006, 09:29 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Just read some posts regarding United Hobbies & it sounds like just a bunch of Hubub. Some unhappy customers but mostly happy. I will place a small order this evening & see how it goes, those prices are too good to pass up.

Thanks

Mike
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:20 PM
AMA 506547
Joined Sep 2004
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Just read some posts regarding United Hobbies & it sounds like just a bunch of Hubub. Some unhappy customers but mostly happy. I will place a small order this evening & see how it goes, those prices are too good to pass up.

Thanks

Mike
I was trying to talk you out of it. THEY ARE HORRIBLE.
When they're ebay account's feedback gets too bad, they change names and they do this on a regular basis

Like I said, if you like to gamble, go for it. I personally will take guaranteed customer service and support for a couple extra bucks ANYDAY.
Good luck...

Brian
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:22 PM
AMA 506547
Joined Sep 2004
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Just read some posts regarding United Hobbies & it sounds like just a bunch of Hubub.
They had an average feedback of 90-93% on ebay with 1000's of sales. With 4000 sales, that's 280-400 people who fell they got ripped off, mistreated or lied to. Pretty good odds, but I'll pass.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:25 PM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
Brian you really should carry some of the bp motors
booger is offline Find More Posts by booger
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:26 PM
Got more toys than my kid
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Sep 2004
3,676 Posts
Take it to another thread in the Vendor-Talk Forums. This is about HOBBY LOBBY CRASH SALES.

(For the record, there are multiple ways to "spoof" your rating at eBay. Buy at your own risk.)

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline Find More Posts by macr0t0r
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:29 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
I just placed a small order & will report back on how long it takes to get it. I really don't care about customer service, when your paying this kinda of cheap price for a servo, you just throw it in the garbage if it goes bad. I have ordered several times from other Hong Kong Vendors, one guy took 5 weeks to get 4 servos to me & another guy only 2 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

-Mike-
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:51 PM
inconceivable
Joined Sep 2006
1,946 Posts
Quote:
I just placed a small order & will report back on how long it takes to get it. I really don't care about customer service, when your paying this kinda of cheap price for a servo, you just throw it in the garbage if it goes bad. I have ordered several times from other Hong Kong Vendors, one guy took 5 weeks to get 4 servos to me & another guy only 2 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

-Mike-
I reckon you will probably get it as you are on this forum and it is read by you know who