HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2006, 02:33 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Oct 2005
70 Posts
I have two aircraft. One with just rudder and elevator and one with ailerons as well.

When using the rudder/elevator plane we use only the left stick... rudder and elevator. When we switch to the aileron plane we use the left stick for aileron and elevator and shift the rudder to the right stick with the throttle and barely touch it.
Snoopy66 is offline Find More Posts by Snoopy66
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2006, 07:26 PM
BackInTheHobby
Toronto
Joined Jan 2006
10 Posts
I hear the expression "Mode 1" or "Mode 2" or whatever. Maybe someone would kindly explain what is what.

I learned to fly on a glider with elevator & rudder on the right stick (Mode ?). Years later I got into e-flight with elevator & rudder on the right stick & throttle on the left (Mode ??)

Now I have just bought a Tiger Moth and will be putting the ailerons on the right stick with elevator. Rudder & motor will be on the left stick (Mode ???).

I think there is at least one other choice of Mode.........????

This forum is a huge help to me as a relative Noob to e-flight. Thanks everyone

Regards, Rod
EFlyBoy58 is offline Find More Posts by EFlyBoy58
Old Feb 01, 2006, 08:16 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,370 Posts
Mode 2... aileron and elevator on the right stick.
rudder and throttle on the left stick.
Most people use this configuration.
Note it makes your airplane flyable by someone else..
And you can fly someone else's plane without re-training your skills.
Sparky Paul is online now Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member