HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 02, 2006, 02:18 PM
all thumbs
Upstate NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
201 Posts
Thanks for the great videos, Rob1k. I just did my first touch & gos / stop & gos on snow today. I was surprised at how well the EZ handles landings, takeoffs, and taxiing in snow- I enjoyed a perfect, flat, virgin field of snow to play in (an empty college athletic field). I sat in the top of the grandstand and flew for 20 minutes per charge using a stock motor/prop and 1050 mah 7-cell nimhs.
Padesatka is offline Find More Posts by Padesatka
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2006, 03:20 PM
Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland
Joined Jun 2005
226 Posts
Hi guys,

Happy New Year to you all from bonny Scotland...Rob Roy territory to be precise!

I have been flying my Easy now for a few months using the stock motor and prop, I recently upgraded the 400 motor to a 480 7.2v using a 10.8v 2000mAh pack. Performance is good, but you always want more!

I have added ailerons and beefed up the rudder & elevator as well as the wings....all ready now for a lipo action with a brushed motor. I have purchased a 3s1p 1450mAh 23c pack but I am unsure what motor I should be looking for to match this pack.

Any ideas? Also, is this 23c pack too much for the Easy?

Your thoughts gents?
kaiser_solsay is offline Find More Posts by kaiser_solsay
Old Jan 02, 2006, 03:21 PM
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,386 Posts
Rob:

GREAT Videos !!

Padestatka:

You guys are having wayyyy too much fun !! LOL

Keep the vids, pix and reports coming !!!

TT:

Hi, old bud!

Russ
MiniBoy is online now Find More Posts by MiniBoy
Old Jan 02, 2006, 03:33 PM
Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland
Joined Jun 2005
226 Posts
Hi guys,

Happy New Year to you all from bonny Scotland...Rob Roy territory to be precise!

I have been flying my Easy now for a few months using the stock motor and prop, I recently upgraded the 400 motor to a 480 7.2v using a 10.8v 2000mAh pack. Performance is good, but you always want more!

I have added ailerons and beefed up the rudder & elevator as well as the wings....all ready now for a lipo action with a brushed motor. I have purchased a 3s1p 1450mAh 23c pack but I am unsure what motor I should be looking for to match this pack.

Any ideas? Also, is this 23c pack too much for the Easy?

Your thoughts gents?
kaiser_solsay is offline Find More Posts by kaiser_solsay
Old Jan 02, 2006, 10:48 PM
Unconventional
Eastern Washington
Joined Jan 2005
428 Posts
kaiser,

Don't necessarily believe the 23C rating. The pack might likely be good for half that rating (12C or so) without excessive heating. A low wind brushless can easily pull over 18A with a 6x4 prop. My setup pulls over 22A at WOT on a fresh pack.

Also, I doubt your plane will balance with a 1450 mAh pack. You will likely have to add several ounces of lead in the nose. Mine just balances with 2500 mAh pack. So, I think you have an undersized battery that will be prone to overheat and you will have to add dead weight.

Check back on the prior thread. There are many good suggestions for motor options. Mega, RCER Warp 4, and Align all have good motors at reasonable prices. If you stick with the 1450 mAh pack, make sure you pick a motor with a kV rating that won't fry the pack on your first or second flight.

T4RC
Time4RC is offline Find More Posts by Time4RC
Old Jan 02, 2006, 11:15 PM
SLC, Utah
Joined Dec 2005
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob10000
We're not letting winter and a bit of snow stop us!
Another flier has added an EasyStar with the hacked CVS camera to his fleet, so of course we have been playing together...
Here's 3 more video's, all comments welcome!
On the last one, I took the EZ* up as high as I could see it in the failing light. The cloudy sky made it hard to see it at that altitude.

Both of the EZ*'s have stock motors and props, HS-81 servos, enlarged rudders, and 3S2000 Lipos.
Love the pictures! Is there a link that describes your camera more?
Also what ESC are you using?
Jerry
jwilliam is offline Find More Posts by jwilliam
Old Jan 02, 2006, 11:21 PM
SLC, Utah
Joined Dec 2005
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padesatka
I had fun taking my EZ along when I flew my boss to Florida over the holiday. I use the new Spektrum DS6 2.4 GHz radio, and it was great to fly anywhere without fear of shooting someone else down.

Happy New Year, all.
I have been looking at this radio, have you or anyone else for that matter used it with FMS?
Thanks,
Jerry
jwilliam is offline Find More Posts by jwilliam
Old Jan 02, 2006, 11:36 PM
Stantheman
LaGrange, Ky.
Joined May 2004
428 Posts
Happy Birthday to you too Brandie!
May we NEVER grow up!
Stan
Stantheman is online now Find More Posts by Stantheman
Old Jan 03, 2006, 01:48 AM
3 Blades to the Wind
Atascadero, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
4,085 Posts
Stan... Brandie... you were born in a wonderful month! Okay, I won't say the day but I will say the year... 1966, waitaminute... I just DID say the day! LOL! (figure THAT one out you smarties here in the forum!)

Happy New Year to all the EZ*'s and their owners! Just go back from a trip to Southern California, and it's just as wet down there as it is here in Central California, only the winds are higher. Estimated about ~40-60 mph winds today with gusts over 90mph. It was laying OAK trees down and breaking them like twigs. Combined with torrential rain, I was kinda able to commiserate with you Southern Staters and your Hurricanes! Not really a good day to take out the planes...
Shaun Hendricks is offline Find More Posts by Shaun Hendricks
Old Jan 03, 2006, 02:11 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
off topic, I confess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Hendricks
Stan... Brandie... you were born in a wonderful month! Okay, I won't say the day but I will say the year... 1966, waitaminute... I just DID say the day! LOL! (figure THAT one out you smarties here in the forum!).........................
Forgive me for pursuing this "off topic" item, but ok, is this a REAL riddle, did you REALLY "confess" to your "real birthday" in the above paragraph?????

You've got ME scratching my head; and NO don't give us/me the DATE, just assure us/me that you HAVE given the answer.......... of course right NOW I'm dubious, but if you say it IS there, I'll try to figure it out.

regards,
LarryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old Jan 03, 2006, 02:22 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
I think I have it.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Jan 03, 2006, 02:27 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
don't tell me, but.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop
I think I have it.
it's a true, realistic riddle of sorts???? the answer IS there??? just assure me; hate to scratch my head for NOTHING, ha.

LarryR
Old Jan 03, 2006, 02:29 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
oh oh......... think i do to.... maybe we'll pm ea other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop
I think I have it.
I just got a wild idea; HATE these things, but think I did tooooo........ I'll pm you, pls pm me............

I'm gonna pm HIM first tho..........

LarryR
Old Jan 03, 2006, 07:24 AM
No place like cloud base!
Joined Jan 2005
307 Posts
Sweet vids Rob. Heh.. better hope the dog doesn't catch one of those EZ*'s!!
cheymike is offline Find More Posts by cheymike
Old Jan 03, 2006, 07:28 AM
No place like cloud base!
Joined Jan 2005
307 Posts
*chuckles* Good riddle.... got it.
cheymike is offline Find More Posts by cheymike
Closed Thread