HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 31, 2005, 09:40 PM
Curse you Red Baron!
North & East of Sacramento California
Joined Apr 2004
567 Posts
Discussion
Multiplex Easy Star 2006 - A discussion of anything Easy Star and sometimes more

Hello And Welcome To the thread, Multiplex Easy Star 2006.

With this thread we start a new era in threads. Rather than up the thread number every so often we have one thread for a whole year.

On this thread we celebrate the little Elapor plane created by Multiplex that has given so much enjoyment for it's cost and yet requires so little in the way of maintenance.

Owners as new pilots have discovered this to be the airplane with which to learn with it "easy" characteristics and it's very forgiving airframe to be the perfect first trainer airplane.

Owners as experienced pilots find this airplane to be one of there favorites and have been known to save it to fly last. The old adage, "The last flight has to be an Easy One".

It has been a topic of much for modification, hopping it up, as well as an aerial photography platform.

If you still do not have an Easy Star, get one and you will see why it is such a loved airplane. Perfect for those wanting to start and not sure of which way to begin. And wonderful for those 'seasoned' pilots who just want a plane to enjoy a fun but EZ (Easy) flight.

This forum is for those who love there Easy Star (EZ) and have made many modifications to it.

From time to time you will see other "off topic" items come up. From the weather where I live is..., to I am getting married tomorrow and I..., to I am thinking about this other plane and I am wondering... That is because this forum has become like a large family.

So come and join in on the fun.

Welcome to the family, the family of EZ owners.

Brandie

Below is the listing of the previous 21 Threads.

Multiplex Easy Star Thread #21 - What more can I say??
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #20 - The plane that gives so much and ask so little!
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #19 - Loved and respected by Beginners and Seasoned Flyers
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #18 - Voted By Owners To Be The Best Airplane Ever
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #17 - The biggest trilogy ever!
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #16 - The Greatest Trainer Ever Created
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #15 - The New Generation
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #14 - Better'n sliced bread!
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #13 - Epic Adventure
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #12 - Ongoing Saga
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #11 - The Next Generation
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #10 - Part 10
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #09 - Part 09
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #08 - Part 08
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #07 - Part 07
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #06 - Part 06
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #05 - Part 05
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #04 - Part 04
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #03 - Part 03
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #02 - Part 02
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #01 - Part 01 - New from Multiplex: EasyStar - (Jurgen Heilig The "Father" of this thread)
Grassy Knoll is offline Find More Posts by Grassy Knoll
Last edited by Grassy Knoll; Dec 31, 2005 at 09:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:50 PM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,486 Posts
Nicely done, Brandie !!

Happy New Year

Russ
MiniBoy is offline Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2006, 12:32 AM
No place like cloud base!
Joined Jan 2005
307 Posts
Well done and thank you Brandie for starting the new thread! Happy New Year to you and all of the EZ* family!
cheymike is offline Find More Posts by cheymike
Old Jan 01, 2006, 01:32 AM
Tenino WA.
Joined May 2004
1,195 Posts
GREAT JOB Brandie... HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone
CRASHED AGAIN is offline Find More Posts by CRASHED AGAIN
Old Jan 01, 2006, 03:34 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Happy New Year everyone, howdy Russ! tt
Treetop is online now Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Jan 01, 2006, 04:20 AM
Stantheman
LaGrange, Ky.
Joined May 2004
431 Posts
Thanks Brandie! A great start to a New Year with a great aircraft.
Speaking of off topic: Today is my birthday. January 1st, uh... 19#*.
My New Years Resolution: I will fly my EasyStar higher, further, longer and more frequently!

Stan
Stantheman is offline Find More Posts by Stantheman
Old Jan 01, 2006, 04:25 AM
Sweden
Joined Aug 2005
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantheman
My New Years Resolution: I will fly my EasyStar higher, further, longer and more frequently!
Stan
Same here and a happy new year to everyone. Then again with an Easy Star in your fleet, how could it not be a happy one.
EyesOnly is offline Find More Posts by EyesOnly
Old Jan 01, 2006, 01:04 PM
Curse you Red Baron!
North & East of Sacramento California
Joined Apr 2004
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantheman
Thanks Brandie! A great start to a New Year with a great aircraft.
Speaking of off topic: Today is my birthday. January 1st, uh... 19#*.

Stan
Thank you everyone!

Stan: Happy Birthday!

And speaking of birthday mine is tomorrow. Mine is January 2nd 1930. I may look 76 (or a little older) on the outside but I am only 10 on the inside.

My motto: Live like a kid, play like a kid, and don't let the grownup's get you down.

Brandie
Grassy Knoll is offline Find More Posts by Grassy Knoll
Old Jan 01, 2006, 01:12 PM
LONGWOOD, FLORIDA
Joined Aug 2003
108 Posts
Hi Everyone just completed my 1st ez and hope to madien it this week. do I really need to use all that tape to beef up the nose and wings???? Happy New Year to All
FDNYJERY
FDNYJERY is offline Find More Posts by FDNYJERY
Old Jan 01, 2006, 01:34 PM
Joined Jan 2005
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDNYJERY
Hi Everyone just completed my 1st ez and hope to madien it this week. do I really need to use all that tape to beef up the nose and wings???? Happy New Year to All
FDNYJERY
FDNY... it depends... are you experienced enough that you know you will not "nose in"?? If so, then no you dont need the tape on the nose. If not.... then tape it!! As far as the wings.. i would suggest at least a strip of reinforced tape along the length of the wing. It will help the wing stiffness, and if you place it where the wing will come to rest on the ground, it will also protect the wing from dragging the ground during landings. Its nice, but definitely not necessary.
Old Jan 01, 2006, 02:44 PM
LONGWOOD, FLORIDA
Joined Aug 2003
108 Posts
TO CHEYMIKE, does the stip of tape for the wing go inthe middle of the wing lenthwise underneath and also what about a strip of tape around the leading edge, I am concerned about the ratio of weight of Aircraft to propulsion system ..?? I am using the standard motor that came with the kit along with the standard props????
Thanks again Mike
FDNYJERY is offline Find More Posts by FDNYJERY
Old Jan 01, 2006, 03:21 PM
strawcuter
Winchester, KY
Joined Feb 2004
284 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I just got back from flying my EZ*. Had a wonderful 18 minute flight with little wind. It was perhaps 3-5 MPH, direction was very changable and came in gusts. I'm always amazed at how far the EZ will glide. Landing was very soft.

Happy New Year,
Bob
strawcuter is offline Find More Posts by strawcuter
Old Jan 01, 2006, 10:24 PM
all thumbs
Upstate NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
201 Posts
I had fun taking my EZ along when I flew my boss to Florida over the holiday. I use the new Spektrum DS6 2.4 GHz radio, and it was great to fly anywhere without fear of shooting someone else down. I flew in construction sites, parks, parking lots- anywhere that seemed open enough. I had a great time. Many folks stopped and asked what it was, how to get one, etc.

It's great having a plane so inherently stable. During several friendly conversations with passers-by, I looked back skyward (oh, yeah!) scanned around a minute for where my EZ had wandered, and resumed flying. On one windy (and more private) morning, I spun it into a lake, and had to skinny-dip to retrieve it. Another advantage of foamies- the radios and servos stayed dry. In the Florida thermals, I had several flights of more than 30 minutes, attracted the interest of many soaring birds, and enjoyably passed many hours while boss and family were languishing in DisneyLines. I'm sure I had more fun than they.

Happy New Year, all.
Padesatka is offline Find More Posts by Padesatka
Old Jan 02, 2006, 09:50 AM
Joined Jan 2005
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDNYJERY
TO CHEYMIKE, does the stip of tape for the wing go inthe middle of the wing lenthwise underneath and also what about a strip of tape around the leading edge, I am concerned about the ratio of weight of Aircraft to propulsion system ..?? I am using the standard motor that came with the kit along with the standard props????
Thanks again Mike
Set the EZ* on a table and see where the wing rests on the table. That is where it will also rest on the ground. I put my strip from that point down to the center of the wing where it meets the fuse. I haven't put anything on the leading edge but its not a bad idea if you are flying somewhere that you might run into something. Dont worry about the weight of a little tape. I've been flying mine with the stock motor/props and have got the whole nose taped, the wings taped like i described, and also some stiffening strips on the rear of the fuse where it is thinnest. Oh... and one other strip of tape for you to definitely add whether or not you wrap the nose... place a strip down the bottom centerline of the fuse. It will protect the foam during landings.
Old Jan 02, 2006, 10:26 AM
Joined Oct 2004
836 Posts
EZ* aerial videos

We're not letting winter and a bit of snow stop us!
Another flier has added an EasyStar with the hacked CVS camera to his fleet, so of course we have been playing together...
Here's 3 more video's, all comments welcome!
On the last one, I took the EZ* up as high as I could see it in the failing light. The cloudy sky made it hard to see it at that altitude.

Both of the EZ*'s have stock motors and props, HS-81 servos, enlarged rudders, and 3S2000 Lipos.

Click here to watch EasyStars-in-the-pattern

Click here to watch EZ-vs-EZ

Click here to watch winter-high-altitude
rob10000 is offline Find More Posts by rob10000
Closed Thread