SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:15 AM
Master of 1 point landing
Naperville, IL
Joined Jul 2005
2,841 Posts
Discussion
Friendly Reminder - be careful with those props

Complacency is a killer. In testing a new motor on my bench stand, I was careless and brought my knuckle too close to the prop edge. The result was 5 bone deep slices right on the first joint of my pointer finger– each about 0.5 cm long. Too small for stitches – but man two days later, still hurts like heck. Never cut myself on a prop before, just got complacent with these lil motors/props.
ImaBiggles is offline Find More Posts by ImaBiggles
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:54 PM
Joined Aug 2004
734 Posts
I feel your pain. For the record don't go messing around with the channel reversing switches on the back of you tx when your motor mounted on a plane with the battery connected and you're sitting in front of it. OOUCH!
Fortunately my hand was between the prop and my, uh...... more sensitive areas.

Latrans
latrans is offline Find More Posts by latrans
Old Dec 30, 2005, 03:13 PM
Accomplished RCNewb
Provo, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
788 Posts
EXACT same expe,rience about 5 days ago. Got my knuckle, you can see how the prop kept going around, the cut is like a spiral, it goes in, farther, then farther out as the prop went. OUCH!
not fun!
fflyer
freedomflyer is offline Find More Posts by freedomflyer