HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2001, 05:13 PM
heli on the brain
Apple Valley/Victorville, Ca
Joined Apr 2001
544 Posts
DO NOT spray windex on an IFO

...got up today, loaded my planes into the car headed for the field when i noticed a layer of dust had accumulated on my IFO. "ok, cool, a little windex should clean it up", or so i thought. sprayed some of it onto the top and started to rub it off with a soft cloth when i noticed that everywhere it touched the red celophane covering it completely stripped the color from the covering. cursing, i thought "how $@&%ing cheap!!!" so now my IFO looks like it has tie dyed measels smeared all over it. whats up with that??? it doesnt affect its flying characteristics, but gawd, it sure does look awful now.
dezflyer is offline Find More Posts by dezflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2001, 06:24 PM
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2000
2,525 Posts
use half vinigar and half water for cleaning. lloks great and works well on monocote. and yep, all that grime that collects on the IFO from the engine can be annoying

Paul Penney is offline Find More Posts by Paul Penney
Old Sep 08, 2001, 07:21 PM
Sweet!
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jul 2001
2,815 Posts
...And exactly what is wrong with "tie dyed measels?"
Quacker is offline Find More Posts by Quacker