HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:47 PM
HK--Phils.
Joined Dec 2006
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
Rich, you might try increasing the gain, as that almost sounds like the gyro is "losing" the tail momentarily. Turn it up until you get a fast "wag" then back it off just a little bit until the "wag" stops.

-Chris
Hi Chris,

But i've try turning the gain(clockwise) to its max. And i also unplug the bat before doing the gain or proportion. I'll try it again tonite. BTW, what is the approx. degree of 'wag' should be before i back off the gain?

Thanks for the kind and fast reply!

Happy flying!
Best regards,
Rich
heliboy88 is offline Find More Posts by heliboy88
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:39 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,223 Posts
Franken FP2: Compy300 belt-driven tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
He mentioned the throttle trim all the way down, but it's possible the throttle is reversed. Check that switch!
-Chris
Hey Chris, I have got the Compy Tail all fixed up, ready to make Franken FP2 Belt-Driven. A couple of questions -

1. The tail blade grips are designed such that they can swivel smoothly when the pitch slider moves, but I noticed that when I move the pitch slider, there is a gap beween the blade holder and the tail holder as shown in the picture below. This looks like some kind of slop to me, did you notice the same thing?

I would prefer that the blade holder has some kind of grip which allow it to snap onto the tail holder so that it doesnt' slip out and is still able to rotate.

2. I noticed that after tightening the screws of the tail blade grips, the tail blades can swivel around. Is it normal for the tail blades to be this loose?

I haven't fly the heli with the tail yet so I can't say anything about performance. I just hope that everything I set up is perfectly 'normal'.

-Terence
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:40 AM
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,223 Posts
compy tail

opps forgot the picture...
Old Feb 28, 2007, 01:29 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencechan
opps forgot the picture...
I see you give out your dual tail motor for a belt driven tail.keep us update of the progress.
Hazy is offline Find More Posts by Hazy
Old Feb 28, 2007, 03:37 AM
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy
I see you give out your dual tail motor for a belt driven tail.keep us update of the progress.
I like the comfortable control of Fixed Pitch Main Rotor which allows me to fly my heli really up-close, unlike a CP model. But I've always admired the collective pitch tail system in Hornet and T-Rex models.

Since the Hornet uses a shaft-driven tail (same like the 4-channel Corona from LiteMachines), it requires a special main gear to drive that tail. I opt to use the compy300 tail as it's belt-driven tail rotor together with the compy main gear is compatiable with the class 300 FG airframe.

I still have the CNC dual tail motor mount from helihobby, it performs very well even on a stock FP2. The dual tail motor tail will go to my other 'trainer'-FP2 for durability reason.

-Terence
Old Feb 28, 2007, 04:14 AM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
Heliboy88 - check your tx batteries My Sabre started a yaw glitch because the Tx batteries were weak.

Tach.
TachyonDriver is offline Find More Posts by TachyonDriver
Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:14 AM
Joined Feb 2007
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieCrashPilot
Got mine from my local hobby shop. Looks like this one http://www.heli-fever.com/product_in...roducts_id=578

works on the stock TX that came with my 4 channel HB FP and FMS.
NewbieCrashPilot

Ur a lifesaver! Thanks mate. Placed the order today. Need to try nose in on the simulator first.

I saw somewhere there was a download for the HB for FMS but I forget where...what are you using on FMS?
helijapan is offline Find More Posts by helijapan
Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:36 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terencechan
1. The tail blade grips are designed such that they can swivel smoothly when the pitch slider moves, but I noticed that when I move the pitch slider, there is a gap beween the blade holder and the tail holder as shown in the picture below. This looks like some kind of slop to me, did you notice the same thing?
Yep, that gap is normal and intentional. If it were not there, the blade grips would rub on the blade hub. They should not move in-and-out though, when everything is tight. If they do move in and out, that means the grip bolts aren't tight enough. Crank them down until they are tight (don't forget loctite!) and the tug outwards on the grips until you feel the bearings snap into position. At this point you should have a small gap, and very free-moving (yet no slack) grips.
Quote:
2. I noticed that after tightening the screws of the tail blade grips, the tail blades can swivel around. Is it normal for the tail blades to be this loose?
They are fairly loose, yes. You can squeeze the grips down with the screws until they stay in position, but I usually fly the tail blades fairly loose anyway. T-Rex tail blades are a tiny bit thicker at the root and are a bit tighter. They look cool too, with the curved trailing edges.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:44 AM
Joined Feb 2007
154 Posts
I dont know if anyone has seen this guy, maybe you have but I just get cold shivers down my spine every time I watch it. The control, it defies belief!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIW9b...elated&search=
helijapan is offline Find More Posts by helijapan
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:00 AM
avt
Hell Flyer
Israel
Joined Nov 2006
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helijapan
I dont know if anyone has seen this guy, maybe you have but I just get cold shivers down my spine every time I watch it. The control, it defies belief!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIW9b...elated&search=
Really Cool!
But how come he didn't notice there's smoke coming out of his battery? That could be dangerous...

How can someone can get THAT good? Really, I mean he flies that thing inverted and upside down in every dimension possible!
It really amazes me how people can stay in focus and know where their bird is directed every single millisecond.
I guess it takes a lot of time and A LOT of spare parts
avt is online now Find More Posts by avt
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:05 AM
PittsLover
Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
914 Posts
What....you guys can't do that stuff too ??

houfek is offline Find More Posts by houfek
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:08 AM
Winnipeg
Joined Dec 2006
26 Posts
Well, yeah. But I was trying for a stable nose in hover.
Mortor is offline Find More Posts by Mortor
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:10 AM
USA, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2006
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houfek
What....you guys can't do that stuff too ??

yeah, been there, done that
michael503 is offline Find More Posts by michael503
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:11 AM
USA, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2006
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortor
Well, yeah. But I was trying for a stable nose in hover.
ROFLOL
michael503 is offline Find More Posts by michael503
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:34 AM
avt
Hell Flyer
Israel
Joined Nov 2006
1,206 Posts
Ok guys - news flash. It doesn't work all that well with the FP.
I've just tried some of the tricks with mine. I failed in most of them. Well, all of them really. I will be away from the forum for a few weeks for repairs.

avt is online now Find More Posts by avt
Closed Thread