HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 18, 2006, 03:39 PM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,329 Posts
Brutusjm, After some quick research, I found that you can mount the stock battery easily. Just put it in upside down and between the front gear mount.

Keep in mind that on my L/G, the front battery mount is CA'd in place, would fit much better if it were moved back. Hope this helps!

Alan

Ok, forgot........maybe that's not upside down!
Wren1702 is offline Find More Posts by Wren1702
Last edited by Wren1702; Feb 18, 2006 at 03:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2006, 03:44 PM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,329 Posts
A couple of shots with the Lipo battery installed. This is what I set my Heli up to use.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 09:46 AM
Franklin, TN
Joined Jan 2006
79 Posts
Wren,

Which LiPo batterys do you use? Those batteries look pretty big! I think I may have to switch to lipos in the near future

Thanks
volwrath is offline Find More Posts by volwrath
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:09 AM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,329 Posts
They are Polyquest 20C, Part# TW-1200XP-2S. Hobby-Lobby has them on this Page . Hobby-lobby's part # is PQ12002. I get 20 minutes flying time out of them. Battery weighs 66 grams compared to stock battery at 88 grams. All up weight of the helicopter with Polyquest battery, Heidirect super gear (minus tail brace) and both motor heat sinks is 299 Grams. Anybody know what they weigh with stock battery and Landing gear?
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:34 AM
Franklin, TN
Joined Jan 2006
79 Posts
Quick and dirty measuring with a kitchen scale puts it at 288 grams including battery.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 04:36 PM
Joined Dec 2005
24 Posts
I got the HB FP with the stock battery. I would like to get LIPO but don't know where to buy and what kind . I also need a new landing gear, broke mine today. I haven't been able to find a good (cheap!) store for this heli. I bought the heli from hobbyjapan, they mostly have orginal parts, and not "upgraded".

Any tips on a good store? Where do you guys get your spare parts?
The store must ship to Europe (Sweden).

What is the best upgrade for this heli? Something that makes it fly better, crash better etc.

Thanks
heli4fun is offline Find More Posts by heli4fun
Old Feb 20, 2006, 02:47 PM
Columbus Ohio
Joined Mar 2004
35 Posts
Wren1702,
Thanks for the pics, very helpful. Will have to install the battery and give it a go tonight with new landing gear.
Jason
Brutusjm is offline Find More Posts by Brutusjm
Old Feb 21, 2006, 08:40 AM
Franklin, TN
Joined Jan 2006
79 Posts
Quick question about blade balancing. Do i need to do it with my FP? If so can anyone recommend a cheap micro balancer?

It was interesting last night I was practicing my side-in hover and slammed (not too hard) into the garage door. So I retrieved my heli, put her in the center of the garage and started practicing again. It wasn't until the battery pack was expired that I noticed a 1/4" x 1/4" triangle of the tip had broken off, and the heli was flying well still! So I put on the new blade, and it did seem like I lost a little bit of control, but maybe I was just getting tired. Any thoughts?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 08:47 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath
Quick question about blade balancing. Do i need to do it with my FP? If so can anyone recommend a cheap micro balancer?

It was interesting last night I was practicing my side-in hover and slammed (not too hard) into the garage door. So I retrieved my heli, put her in the center of the garage and started practicing again. It wasn't until the battery pack was expired that I noticed a 1/4" x 1/4" triangle of the tip had broken off, and the heli was flying well still! So I put on the new blade, and it did seem like I lost a little bit of control, but maybe I was just getting tired. Any thoughts?
For the kind of flight you will be doing witht the FP2 I would say you can get away without balancing the blades, I track mine and that's about it, after tracking and trimming mine will hover hands free for about 8-10 seconds (indoors ), pretty good for a FP. If you dork a blade I would replace them both, I havn't had any luck doing the mix and match, my guess is that the blades vary a bit depending on the production run it's hard to get consistancy with plastic injected molding because of the humidity, cooling time, etc.
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
Old Feb 21, 2006, 08:49 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli4fun
I got the HB FP with the stock battery. I would like to get LIPO but don't know where to buy and what kind . I also need a new landing gear, broke mine today. I haven't been able to find a good (cheap!) store for this heli. I bought the heli from hobbyjapan, they mostly have orginal parts, and not "upgraded".

What is the best upgrade for this heli? Something that makes it fly better, crash better etc.

Thanks
Try www.heli-fever.com they ship anywhere , shipping costs are a little on the high side but I have had great service from them.
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
Old Feb 21, 2006, 09:55 AM
Franklin, TN
Joined Jan 2006
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynet11
For the kind of flight you will be doing witht the FP2 I would say you can get away without balancing the blades, I track mine and that's about it, after tracking and trimming mine will hover hands free for about 8-10 seconds (indoors ), pretty good for a FP. If you dork a blade I would replace them both, I havn't had any luck doing the mix and match, my guess is that the blades vary a bit depending on the production run it's hard to get consistancy with plastic injected molding because of the humidity, cooling time, etc.
Thats kind of what I thought. Tonight when I get home I will put on the extra blade and keep the esky original as a spare. I noticed that the original esky blades had the esky name molded into the blades, and noticed the replacement blades do not, at least mine don't. I also have never done blade tracking. I suppose I need to do that as well. Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 02:11 PM
HeliTown
The Bay Area, California
Joined Aug 2005
1,047 Posts
I don't want to sell it as you all know how good an Esky HB FP2 is but need more fun to get a bigger heli. In case you need a second one or your freind may want to share the fun you are having, let them knopw. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482317
Eddiemoth is offline Find More Posts by Eddiemoth
Old Feb 21, 2006, 08:53 PM
Joined Nov 2004
33 Posts
I have had my HB for about 2 months and have loved it. No crashes yet . But i keep having problems with the bearing(swashplate?)sliding off during flight and i dont know what else to do but put it back on until it falls off again.Any info?
RCAviator23 is offline Find More Posts by RCAviator23
Old Feb 22, 2006, 02:32 PM
Kristiansand, Norway
Joined Oct 2004
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli4fun

Thanks
Try elefun in Norway, i think they ship to Sweden. They carry spare-parts for E-sky hb fp2. They also have cheap LiPo, Wanma 2cell 1350mAh for 150NOK. Perfect for hb fp.

Nils
Mr_Nils is offline Find More Posts by Mr_Nils
Old Feb 23, 2006, 09:02 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,503 Posts
Hi,

Just got my HB yesterday, it's my first heli, but I've bee flying RC for years

A few questions:

1. How do you balance it to get the correct CG?

2. The GWS blades that some people are talking about, what is the part #?

3. Is there any way to put in a different crystal in the receiver so you can change the channel?

4. How do you adjust the tracking? The instructions that came with my heli are just about worthless.

Thanks,

Bob
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Closed Thread