HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:21 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
I have a Polk Seeker6 synthesized receiver in my FP2.

Here is a link with more info.

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2006, 10:45 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,918 Posts
OOps! wrong button ;x
arclite5 is offline Find More Posts by arclite5
Old Sep 12, 2006, 03:53 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave49749
thank you!
Now one more:
what Rx is everyone using, so I can get an idea of sizes.
Thanks
GWS have a wide range of receiver, pretty affordable too. The size does vary a bit, but you should be getting a 6-Channel RX in case you need to move on to CP or if you would like to put wheels retracts on your HB FP in future.

Sorry folks, I'm posing my FP2 again, this time with Real air vents. The 1st picture is the FP2 with holes cut out at the side before I put the 'fencing' on. -terence
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:15 PM
BUT I NEED IT!
Mackinaw City/ Petoskey
Joined Mar 2006
125 Posts
I have been thinking, I have a tendency to overcomplicate things and I am starting to think this of one of those things. Somewhere in the thread it is said the beauty of this bird is that it’s simple and easy and here I am taking that quality away.
I have never flow a helicopter and here I am worrying about a helicopter radio Rx servos etc…all the while the Honey Bee sit upon a shelf somewhere and not in my hands….
Besides I have a HLG I want to build as well………

Now I have been a pain but I think should simply buy the RTF set up and some LIPOS and get my A@@ out flying.

Can one learn on the included TX, it is decent enough to at least allow me to evaluate my Helicopter future?

If not I can always use my Laser 6, ahhhhhhhh now I can still buy the bare bones helicopter and use that TX for now how simple.

Now a different Question I have a Micro 05MS 5 CH Rx can I still buy the 3 in 1 and use that rx?

I must say this very helpful thread.
Thanks
Dave
Don’t tell anyone but if I was not messing around I could have been flying, or in this case crashing….
dave49749 is offline Find More Posts by dave49749
Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:30 PM
out of the western sky...
Harbor City, CA
Joined Jul 2003
603 Posts
Quote:
I have been thinking, I have a tendency to overcomplicate things and I am starting to think this of one of those things. Somewhere in the thread it is said the beauty of this bird is that it’s simple and easy and here I am taking that quality away.
I have never flow a helicopter and here I am worrying about a helicopter radio Rx servos etc…all the while the Honey Bee sit upon a shelf somewhere and not in my hands….
Besides I have a HLG I want to build as well………

Now I have been a pain but I think should simply buy the RTF set up and some LIPOS and get my A@@ out flying.

Can one learn on the included TX, it is decent enough to at least allow me to evaluate my Helicopter future?

If not I can always use my Laser 6, ahhhhhhhh now I can still buy the bare bones helicopter and use that TX for now how simple.

Now a different Question I have a Micro 05MS 5 CH Rx can I still buy the 3 in 1 and use that rx?

I must say this very helpful thread.
Thanks
Dave
Don’t tell anyone but if I was not messing around I could have been flying, or in this case crashing….
Dave,
There is nothing inheritly bad about the "stock" esky Tx...
Works just fine and has a certain simple charm about it, I think...
I have mine on a Spektrum DX6 now, but only because I like to fly at my house or a job site at lunch, office building atriums ect. I wanted to avoid all the concern about interference and shoot downs.
Oh, did I say I live and work in Los Angeles.
But I "learned" basic tail in hover on the "stock" Tx...
ScottB
Skyking213 is offline Find More Posts by Skyking213
Old Sep 13, 2006, 02:44 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
RX and 3-In-1 combos?

Quote:
Dave, if your 3-in-1 refers to the Gyro, Speed-controller & mixer picoboard, I don't see why there is any problem to hook it up to your 5 CH Rx. The 3 in 1's BEC will power your Rx fine and your Rx Chanel 3 & 4 leads goes to the 3-In-1 where its in-built mixer does the linear mixing of the throttle signal into the rudder. This is assuming your model is fixed pitch with a main motor and a tail motor.

For a pure collective-pitch model, depending on the kind of tail rotor and its pitch control, you may have to go full separates as you may need to use Channel 4 signal for the rudder servo (such as in a belt-driven tail system). For such a collective tail rotor setup, we have no choice but to bypass the 3-In-1's in-built mixer and in-built tail ESC, we need pure rudder signal from your RX instead.

-Terence
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Sep 13, 2006, 11:11 AM
BUT I NEED IT!
Mackinaw City/ Petoskey
Joined Mar 2006
125 Posts
Thank you for all the help.
dave49749 is offline Find More Posts by dave49749
Old Sep 14, 2006, 08:19 AM
mem
London, UK
Joined Nov 2005
1,516 Posts
Is the 2.5 amp tail fuse mod necessary?

Has anyone ever blown a fuse on the tail or damaged the tail ESC in an unfused HB?
I am about to do the main motor fuse and wonder if there is any evidence of a stalled tail motor drawing more current then the 4 in 1 can handle.
mem is offline Find More Posts by mem
Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:06 AM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mem
Has anyone ever blown a fuse on the tail or damaged the tail ESC in an unfused HB?
I am about to do the main motor fuse and wonder if there is any evidence of a stalled tail motor drawing more current then the 4 in 1 can handle.
Yes, yes, and yes. Do the mod.

-Chris
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:04 AM
Joined Jun 2006
762 Posts
i agree with chris, i have blown a tail fuse in the past.
ktm520 is offline Find More Posts by ktm520
Old Sep 14, 2006, 02:52 PM
mem
London, UK
Joined Nov 2005
1,516 Posts
Thanks guys, I will do the mod.
mem is offline Find More Posts by mem
Old Sep 14, 2006, 08:50 PM
Joined Aug 2006
74 Posts
I seem to be burning through the batteries in my transmitter at a pretty good rate, and with 8 batteries it's a bit of a pain to keep throwing new ones in there. I noticed there is a plug in for a power adapter; what's the story with this? Can I purchase a a certain battery pack that will work with the transmitter, or should I just switch to rechargeable batteries?
mpatton is offline Find More Posts by mpatton
Old Sep 14, 2006, 08:55 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
I converted mine to a rechargable nicad pack (using the pack from my JR 9303 after I upgraded it to a bigger Nimh pack). Note that the charge jack is "JR polarization", meaning it is opposite from the Futaba charge jack polarity.

Just open up the transmitter, unsolder the wires from the little metal clips that make contact with the battery holder, and solder in a servo connector (or Deans micro, or JST... whatever you've got handy) so you can easily remove the battery pack. I guess you don't even have to do that, you could "hard wire" it in.

If you need a transmitter pack, check out www.cheapbatterypacks.com. That's where I get all my big TX packs.

-Chris
Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:30 PM
Joined Aug 2006
74 Posts
Thanks Chris. Looks like they're all out of stock for now, but I'll keep an eye out for em.

Finally got some new blades so I can fly again. The grey GWS blades are a real bargain at $7 for 6 blades. They seem sturdy, and the light grey color makes them easy to track.
mpatton is offline Find More Posts by mpatton
Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:31 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
Darnit, I keep intending to order some of those from Tower Hobbies, but until I break the blades I've got I can't seem to justify it.

-Chris
Closed Thread