HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 29, 2005, 08:54 PM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,325 Posts
Discussion
Honey Bee II FP Owners, gather around....

Well, everyone else has a thread............why not us!

How long have you been flying yours?

What have you learned about your heli?

What ideas, etc. do you have?

Or just brag a bit!

About 2 or 3 weeks flying for me. Made it outside for the first time this afternoon, How sweet it is! Hovering seemed much easier without the blade wash. Got some forward flight in and some real good hover time in WAY over my head. It doesn't feel comfortable in a small space to have it higher than my head. But outside, that's a whole different story!

Fire away guys!

************Addition....3/4/07**************

A nice site put together by Robin Bennett, it has all the most popular mods and "How to Information" that anyone would need.

http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...tle=HoneyBeeFP

Thanks Robin!
Wren1702 is offline Find More Posts by Wren1702
Last edited by Wren1702; Mar 04, 2007 at 04:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:17 PM
GI, Michigan
Joined Jun 2004
360 Posts
I just traded mine for batteries.
Tophinater is offline Find More Posts by Tophinater
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:26 PM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophinater
I just traded mine for batteries.

DOOOOOOOOOOOH!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:40 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Dude I love mine I wouldn't say I like it more then my CP2 but just as much I can fly regardless of weather down in my basement the fact that the head is so simple the FP2 does 10min on the stock $6.00 NiMH's and friggen 20min an a 2-cell 1300 LiPO, my Tx battery goes dead before I run out of heli time. I have to have at least 200 flights on this this little bird and I think I have only spent like $15.00 on it, insane.. I will say that things can get crazy outside when the wind kicks up, these days I just fly my CP2 outside and the FP2 indoors but I love it and I think I'll allways have one for indoor flying.

cheers,
Ray
raynet11 is offline Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:45 PM
rc fanatic
Nebraska, USA
Joined Aug 2004
565 Posts
I'm the one Tophinator traded it to, so next week I will "officially" join this thread.

However, I've had my FP dragonfly for over a year now and it's very similar to a Hummingbird and I love it!
golgi is offline Find More Posts by golgi
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:51 PM
rc fanatic
Nebraska, USA
Joined Aug 2004
565 Posts
What type of blades are you all using on your FP birds?

I love Like90 blades but after breaking my last pair, I decided to give some other blades a try. So I ordered some hard foam laminated blades from http://www.heli-fever.com/product_in...roducts_id=158 . These blades are really cool and cheap at $3.75 a pair. They are flat bottom airfoil so right away they make the heli fly better. Also they come with these little washers that give them the pitch for a FP heli. So I'm thinking that these little washers may allow me to use flat bottom CP blades on my heli. Next time I break my blades, I'm going to give it a try.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:23 PM
Now Wren 1701
Wren, MS
Joined Jul 2005
1,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi
What type of blades are you all using on your FP birds?

I love Like90 blades but after breaking my last pair, I decided to give some other blades a try. So I ordered some hard foam laminated blades from http://www.heli-fever.com/product_in...roducts_id=158 . These blades are really cool and cheap at $3.75 a pair. They are flat bottom airfoil so right away they make the heli fly better. Also they come with these little washers that give them the pitch for a FP heli. So I'm thinking that these little washers may allow me to use flat bottom CP blades on my heli. Next time I break my blades, I'm going to give it a try.
Let us know how they work out. I'm using stock blades, ordered an extra set with the bird............but haven't needed them yet, despite my best efforts.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 06:59 AM
Berkeley, CA USA
Joined Apr 2001
643 Posts
I guess i get to officially jump into this thread...i just picked up a HB FP on eBay for way cheap...i hope it's a MK2. I got the aftermarket squatty gear/skids for it.
Mighty Mik is offline Find More Posts by Mighty Mik
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:37 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
I'm using the GWS blades (the black ones) I really like the flight performance I get with them over the stock blades, I think the plastic is a bit thicker as well which might explain the better flight performance you won't notice it as much inside but outside they really shine.

cheers,
Ray
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:45 AM
Battle Creek Mi
Joined Jan 2005
760 Posts
I run a Thunder power 730 milliamp three cell on my stock bird. It flies like a dream and has more power to do stalls and the like. The tail holds much better too.. Crewdogg
Crewdogg998 is offline Find More Posts by Crewdogg998
Old Dec 30, 2005, 07:57 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewdogg998
I run a Thunder power 730 milliamp three cell on my stock bird. It flies like a dream and has more power to do stalls and the like. The tail holds much better too.. Crewdogg
Just be carefull and easy on your throttle using that 3-cell, the 4 in 1 in the FP2 is not as beefy as the 4 in 1 in the CP2 (which was made to run 3-cell) and was never ment to handle or regulate over 8 volts. I usually fly mine on the stock NiMH packs (I have 6 of them) but I also fly her on a 2-cell 1300mAh pack, I can fly for 20min on it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:25 PM
rc fanatic
Nebraska, USA
Joined Aug 2004
565 Posts
Well, I've tried out those hard foam laminated blades and they are really good! I just might have to order some more. At $3.75 a pair they are a bargain! Only thing is that since they are thicker than the plastic blades at the root, they require a longer screw in order to use a carbon fiber head stiffener.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:54 PM
fff> Fly Foam for Fun
Roanoke VA
Joined Sep 2003
372 Posts
Edited. Thought this post was on the HB hummingbird.

NFH
nofuelheli is offline Find More Posts by nofuelheli
Last edited by nofuelheli; Jan 02, 2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 04:29 PM
Joined Jul 2005
3 Posts
I have had mine now for a couple months, but havent had much flying time due to a packed calender. I only just got familiar with the controls and could keep it in the air for a while and land it without trouble before the weather became to wet...

Glad to see a thread about it since they are rare in the huge flow of CP threads

I was looking to find some new mainblades other than the standard ones since i read that they make the flying more stable. What can you recommend? and prefferably a shop that ships to europe :P
Druw is offline Find More Posts by Druw
Old Dec 30, 2005, 04:55 PM
fff> Fly Foam for Fun
Roanoke VA
Joined Sep 2003
372 Posts
Drew get those thumbs trained before you spend anything on aftermarket goodies. That way you can savor the benifit of each upgraded part. Upgrades rarely make the helicopter easier to fly.

Google around a bit for some shops in your area. Europe has many well respected vendors with reasonable prices and good selections.

NFH
nofuelheli is offline Find More Posts by nofuelheli
Last edited by nofuelheli; Jan 02, 2006 at 02:09 PM.
Closed Thread