Old Jun 05, 2002, 06:05 PM
San Diego
Joined Apr 2002
5 Posts
Tinting the Canopy For MS Hornet

Hello all!

I just ordered my first Hornet. I may be way
ahead of myself, but while reading the myriad
of info I printed I came up with a question.

How do you Tint the canopy? I understand the idea of painting the inside, but how does one get that
cool tinted window effect?

Thanks

Doug in San Diego
drierdan is offline Find More Posts by drierdan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2002, 06:34 PM
Flying high since '85
Corvallis, Oregon
Joined Apr 2001
516 Posts
Two options:
One is to tint it with the lexan car paint. They accually make a tint color, but BE CAREFUL, it will eat you paintjob away if you don't follow the instructions (I hate to say it, but I speak from expeirince).
The other (my choice) is to buy some "rit" dye. fill a disposable contain with warm (not to hot, it will warp the canopy, not to cold, it won't work), and add some dye. wash the canopy real good to get even coverage. Let it soak for a while. I really like the blue, purple, and maroonish tints!
rdogg32 is offline Find More Posts by rdogg32