HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:58 AM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Discussion
Eflite's P-47 Jug-haid!

About the eflite p-47, read the long thread on it here on the forum.
Seems like many are using brushless. I do have a park 400 w/himax 6 to 1 gearing. However, its on a Pitts bi-plane right now.
Anyone flying this on the stock 480 geared motor? How is it stock as compared to parkzone's P-51 stock? I have a parkzone p-51 and it doesn't fly that bad stock. And, what servos? Will hs-81's fit?

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:22 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Dave

Lighter is better on the E-Flite P-47. By that I mean it seems to need nose weight so any more weight <larger servos> might make the issue worse.

I used H-55 Servos <4> and they fit perfectly into the cutouts in the wing and fuse. Goung larger would require surgery.

Having flown both models your talking about <brushless only> the P-47 is much more forgiving at low speeds. I have not read of hand launch problems with it like with the P-51.

Good Luck!

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:33 AM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Thanx for the info Tommy. All I have left are hs-81's. I'd most likely use 3 of them instead of 4 since all my electric planes are hand launched. I've never had a problem hand launching the pz p-51. If thrown hard and straight out, mine may dip a foot if that.
Brick style batts fit in the eflite p-47? I do have 9 cell packs and also 3S lipos. Although with the lipos, probably have to add weight on the nose.
Hehe, know all about slow speeds on the p-51. It don't turn good at low speed!!! Wing likes to stall and then head down nose first breaking the spinner and prop. And sometimes, even bending the shaft!

Dave...
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:36 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyArmpit
About the eflite p-47, read the long thread on it here on the forum.
Seems like many are using brushless. I do have a park 400 w/himax 6 to 1 gearing. However, its on a Pitts bi-plane right now.
Anyone flying this on the stock 480 geared motor? How is it stock as compared to parkzone's P-51 stock? I have a parkzone p-51 and it doesn't fly that bad stock. And, what servos? Will hs-81's fit?

Dave...

The P47 flys already very good on the stock brushed 480 motor. There is a video on E-flite and horizon website showing how aerobatic the plane is all stock. I think much better than Parkzone P-51 all stock ( partly because the "stock" battery recommended is TP 2100 3 cell Prolite which is WAY more powerful than the stock NiMH battery used by the Parkzone P-51. Put a TP 2100 3 cell Prolite in Parkzone P-51 I am sure you would get much better performance as well).
shschon is offline Find More Posts by shschon
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:52 AM
Sherwood Park, AB
Joined Nov 2004
273 Posts
It flys just fine with the stock power system. A freind has one and it works great. It is not a power demon but it works.
Culver10 is offline Find More Posts by Culver10
Old Dec 27, 2005, 02:04 PM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Thanx guys! Prolly gonna get me one of these things. As long as it looks scale like in the air, don't really care if you can prop hang it. If I can do rolls and fly inverted just like the real ones did in WW II, I'd be a happy camper.

Dave...
Old Dec 27, 2005, 05:48 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Mine rolls just fine and will fly inverted with just a touch of elevator.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 06:07 PM
TDM
Monroe, WA
Joined Oct 2005
175 Posts
Tommytorino,

How are you ballancing this plane, inverted? with the CG being right on the spar it seems to always fall off one way or the other.
tdmoore is offline Find More Posts by tdmoore
Old Dec 27, 2005, 07:59 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Inverted right on the two indents on the wing. Mine balances dead even but fly's a tad tail heavy.

I replaced my spar, but I think it's behind those 2 dimples if I remember correctly.

Tommy
Old Dec 27, 2005, 08:16 PM
TDM
Monroe, WA
Joined Oct 2005
175 Posts
Thanks Tommy,

That's what I thought. I've only been able to fly mine with a bit of wind blowing. I've been trying to decide if she was tail heavy or just behaving badly due to the wind. I have mine balanced right on the CG marks, I think i'll add 1/2 an once and see how she does.

Tyler
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:13 PM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Where to buy online???

Any of you guys know where I can buy this model online using paypal???

Dave...
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:59 PM
TDM
Monroe, WA
Joined Oct 2005
175 Posts
Try www.toddsmodels.com

I'm not sure but I think he takes PayPal.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:08 PM
Camarillo, CA
Joined Feb 2005
172 Posts
Mine does seem to be "twitchy" with the elevator; I have scaled the dual rates down to 30% to try to counter. I have checked the CG and added weight to just be on the safe side; first flight was a handfull! Check all glue joints and add more ca if you need to, especially on the control horn attachment points on the wing and elevator. The Eflt 450 with a 10x8 really pulls this airplane well.
Big Zagi is offline Find More Posts by Big Zagi
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:11 PM
Some kind of Paradiddle
United States, NY
Joined Nov 2005
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyArmpit
Any of you guys know where I can buy this model online using paypal???

Dave...
www.e-flightline.com
Ramones, The is offline Find More Posts by Ramones, The