HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2005, 07:34 PM
Joined Nov 2004
486 Posts
Discussion
Pt Cook P51 being retired to static display??

Anyone hear about the P51 mustange at Pt Cook in VIC being retired? Just read it in the FlightPath magazine.

I love going down to Pt Cook to watch it fly...the sound of those engines are beautiful. It'll be a real shame to watch it sit idle on display. Apparently there's negotiations by Pt Cook Operations Limited for the operations and maintenance of this aircraft. Hopefully this will keep it flying...

Ex.
ExtremeSkyes is offline Find More Posts by ExtremeSkyes
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2008, 09:09 PM
Melb, Aus
Joined May 2008
54 Posts
hey, i was down at pt cook the other week and they said that they will use a plane if they have two of them in case something happens to one in flight bt i didnt hear anything on the their website about the p51 not flying anymore
PeTeR Loats is offline Find More Posts by PeTeR Loats