HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2006, 02:39 PM
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
8,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura
BTW - that Duzi head is basically a total package. you really should do all the parts or none....part 4000 will work on its own, but the Duzi bell hiller setup needs it all. The swash and anti pivot will work and is well worth the money if you do the rest of the setup.
Damn by the time you do get all that, just buy a real bird
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Dji fpv hub
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2006, 03:20 PM
Hopelessly hooked
South Carolina USA
Joined Jul 2005
781 Posts
IMO - the Hornet II, Hornet X is a "real bird" if you like micro's.

I was discussing the possibilities with the hornet design. that is what a 22, VNR3D is...a hornet design.

IMO, the APLUS is a better option if you want a CNC micro dream heli...this new heli is getting rave reviews and runs in the $350 range w/o electronics. If I was in the "new Heli" market, I believe this is the direction I would go....
Futura is offline Find More Posts by Futura
Old Feb 16, 2006, 03:22 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8,381 Posts
Quote:

I was discussing the possibilities with the hornet design. that is what a 22, VNR3D is...a hornet design.

IMO, the APLUS is a better option if you want a CNC micro dream heli...this new heli is getting rave reviews and runs in the $350 range w/o electronics. If I was in the "new Heli" market, I believe this is the direction I would go....
No I know what your where saying, If I was going to buy that complete head I would rather own a Hornet II to put it on But I think I might just make the jump to a trex in about a month.. I just sold one of my 46" enforcer boats.. so theres my new rex!
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2006, 03:27 PM
Shhhhh
Armidale NSW Australia
Joined Jan 2006
608 Posts
Hi there Beep.....

Roachie here from Armidale...NSW

mate just a bit of advice....if you are a noobie to Helis I'd go the Night Ranger II....although Fixed pitch (FP) it is a good stable machine to learn on and the parts are cheap and available....its also very robust....trust me I know, I've flogged the crap out of mine......If you go the NRII path get the after market landing gear available from Edwards Motor Racing on the Gold Coast for $25 (I have the details)......saves you having a bag of Carbon Fibre rods of different lenghts after several LG rebuilds.

I also Have 2 X VNR3D's and a Twister CP ( Blade to you US guys).......the VNR3D is really responsive....but doesnt take the beating noob's give their first machine..

Anyway welcome.....great to see Aussies having a go here...theres a guy from Tassie & one from SYD...(sorry cant remember your tags) also.

Parts supply is goodish thought the blade grips for the VNR3D are hard to find at the moment...
Regards
Roachie is offline Find More Posts by Roachie
Last edited by Roachie; Feb 17, 2006 at 02:17 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 03:29 PM
Hopelessly hooked
South Carolina USA
Joined Jul 2005
781 Posts
You won't be dissapointed. the SE is a great package. One of my flying buddies has one...spared no expense...just had the swash seperate on him last week..30 feet up...broken landing gear was all...
Old Feb 16, 2006, 03:40 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8,381 Posts
Quote:
You won't be dissapointed. the SE is a great package. One of my flying buddies has one...spared no expense...just had the swash seperate on him last week..30 feet up...broken landing gear was all...

damn can anyone say TANK ! Tough bird man!!!! Thanks for the info!
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2006, 03:47 PM
Hopelessly hooked
South Carolina USA
Joined Jul 2005
781 Posts
sure...the VNR3D will not take much of a beating. even a hard landing will put things out of wack and cost you some time at the work bench checking things over. Best advice I can give is to use that training gear....it really helps the learning curve when working on a stable hover...geting things trimmed...etc

The heli really needs to get out of its rotor wash....being so light...hovering at about 3 feet should make a noticable difference from hovering closer to the ground.

A quality radio and HH gyro is probably the best and first upgrade that should be considered....again...IMO...you will be very surprised at what a heading hold gyro will do ...if you've never experience one before....just imagine being able to completely forget about the tail until you actually need it to change direction.

Best of luck guys!
Old Feb 16, 2006, 04:06 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8,381 Posts
Quote:
A quality radio and HH gyro is probably the best and first upgrade that should be considered....again...IMO...you will be very surprised at what a heading hold gyro will do ...if you've never experience one before....just imagine being able to completely forget about the tail until you actually need it to change direction.

Best of luck guys!
Yes first time I flew a HH was only about 2-3 weeks ago in vegas... It was on a Trex and your right... There is nothing like it.. The only thing I can compare that come close to it is going from 56k to 3mb cable
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2006, 04:08 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
Quote:

:
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Feb 16, 2006, 04:12 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8,381 Posts
Quote:
sure...the VNR3D will not take much of a beating. even a hard landing will put things out of wack and cost you some time at the work bench checking things over.
I think thats what really bothers me... I have beat my cp2 to death now and the only thing I have broke is blades and 1 main frame.. But just got the new landing gear from helidirect and I sure do wish they made some for the NR3D! I think it would make a big improvement, It just seems the plastic on the NR3D is really weak
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2006, 04:13 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave420
:
The only thing I dont like about the A300 is the body... looks like a flying sperm!
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2006, 07:07 PM
Hopelessly hooked
South Carolina USA
Joined Jul 2005
781 Posts
LOL...that's a good one SuperDave. I saw that when you posted it before....

isn't that a300 sized so that it would take a 400 size canopy? I don't think if I bought one that it would be for the canopy. with that kind of quality a canopy can be an after thought without any complaining from me. ( :

Straight up full CNC....Stock! and a great price to boot. Thanks for that picture....
Old Feb 16, 2006, 08:27 PM
Joined Jan 2006
8,381 Posts
Quote:

isn't that a300 sized so that it would take a 400 size canopy? I don't think if I bought one that it would be for the canopy. with that kind of quality a canopy can be an after thought without any complaining from me. ( :
I hear ya... I would not make my choice over a canopy..If I did that I wouldnt have gone with the NR3D
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 16, 2006, 09:47 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
22e

Just some pictures of my 22E. Fast and, very responsive like the Venom.. I'm beginning to like it.
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Old Feb 17, 2006, 08:58 AM
Hopelessly hooked
South Carolina USA
Joined Jul 2005
781 Posts
Thanks for the pictures BOING....keep us updated plz.