HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2006, 09:58 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
I know what ya mean, those foam blades suck... I have gone thru 6 sets of them already. Here is my VNR3D all repaired to like new condition, plus the new Carbon Fiber Blades. Much too nice to try to fly now... Im going to practice on the simulator for a while longer first. Then i'll think about it....
Dennis Flora is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Flora
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2006, 10:31 PM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
Dennis She looks better from underneath
Zap3267 is offline Find More Posts by Zap3267
Old Feb 07, 2006, 10:44 PM
Heligirl
N.J.
Joined Feb 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap3267
Beat the kids not the heli!

I like my heli like my fish....Battered!

sticks and stones may break my bones but flybars and tail booms excite me!

Ok I'll stop LOL
Yipes don't beat on the kids!!!!....I'm one of them.. More fun to make the heli Scream...

Ah Clem,
Not sure now many flights I get on a tail motor never really counted, would take a guess and say 50-70

Dennis,
I agreed the foam blades are foo foo the CF's are Awesome. The best part is a FFF down the field flair up fast and hard when it gets infront of ya and listen for the POP.....ya got to luvs it
Lacey
LaceyCopter is offline Find More Posts by LaceyCopter
Old Feb 07, 2006, 11:05 PM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyCopter
Yipes don't beat on the kids!!!!....I'm one of them.. More fun to make the heli Scream...

Lacey
don't say you weren't fore-warned... be nice to that heli! LOL or One day you will be waiting on parts as well.
Old Feb 07, 2006, 11:07 PM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
be nice to your helis? gezz you guys are getting a little too attached to these things...

what are you going to tell me next? you've named them?

you treat them better than your own children? what?

haha

oh yea one little canopy fix ive always wanted to do was to remove the oem stickers or some of them and add a shark mouth on it. Sorta like the A-10

anyone have any ideas on how i can go and do this? maybe buy some clear stickers and print it on my printer? i havn't gotten a solid idea for it yet...

iishort86 is offline Find More Posts by iishort86
Old Feb 07, 2006, 11:22 PM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iishort86
be nice to your helis? gezz you guys are getting a little too attached to these things...

what are you going to tell me next? you've named them?

you treat them better than your own children? what?

haha

oh yea one little canopy fix ive always wanted to do was to remove the oem stickers or some of them and add a shark mouth on it. Sorta like the A-10

anyone have any ideas on how i can go and do this? maybe buy some clear stickers and print it on my printer? i havn't gotten a solid idea for it yet...
I have multi colors of electrical tape I bought at auto zone I could see using the white black and red and cutting that out with an exacto knife. BTW Shorti whats yours gonna be named sharkgirl? LOL
Old Feb 07, 2006, 11:47 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
Hey Zap !!! Ya mean like this ???
Old Feb 07, 2006, 11:54 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
By the way, I started a Venom Night Ranger 3D Yahoo Group. So if ya want to jaw about these little heli's to your hearts content, come on over....
For spam purposes, your yahoo profile must be filled out to include your name, age, gender and location. I have a few other yahoo groups for different things like VW Trikes and such, and have never had a spam problem doing it this way. We have a private chat room there too !!! Dennis
Old Feb 07, 2006, 11:54 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
OOPS !!! This might help. LOL http://groups.yahoo.com/group/venomnightranger3dgroup/
Old Feb 08, 2006, 10:16 AM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
Thanks Dennis, I just joined
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Feb 08, 2006, 10:22 AM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Flora
Hey Zap !!! Ya mean like this ???
I meant with the blades spinning and you underneath in control looking up! LOL I need to say thanks for the mechanical tips your patience and attention to detail has taught me a lot. My bird is much happier after I got the balls to touch the hot iron to her! I did painstakingly put the second small nats @ss washer to balance her out too! WOW! this all really helps!
Old Feb 08, 2006, 11:30 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,317 Posts
I just went flying with iishort86. He does not say much on the forum regarding his flying and truly I was just expecting to see him hover a little.

No...

He was up to about 30 feet and flying/cruising around slowly-I was most impressed!

It was nice, calm, and warm this morning, and ideal flying weather. 33 flights on my VNR3D now. It is becoming smoother and smoother and I am really enjoying it.

Dennis,

I just joined your forum also. Thank you for setting it up! I also appreciate your posting your upgrades/discoveries as you find them.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old Feb 08, 2006, 12:18 PM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
lol al clem, thats funny how you leave the biggest detail of todays flying for me to say!

well guys i did it... i had my first "big" crash!

i was doing so dam well for my 2nd flight on nr3d. first time i flew it was with al clem other week and i did one big 1/2 circle and took it down.

today i was flying full circles left and right hovering with ease and probably about 8 mins into smooth flying i did nose in FFF right at myself and it got a little too low and close to me so i ducted out of the way and turned my head. As I did that I fingers must have lost control and i slammed into the ground. The final damage is a broken off tail assembly, blade grip, and i believe a seasaw. Oh yea that and slightly chipped blades.

Looks like heres another big pay check to venom... hoping it wont cost too much. havn't looked at the prices yet.

ill post a pic later when i get home.

the sad part is i think i got a little too "advanced" for myself. 2nd flight out and i think i was doing too much while i was still getting use to the sticks.

i had flew about 3-4 times over my head at 4ft and about 10 ft ok but this time it came too close and i ducted and CRASH!!

too bad my 2nd flight ended on a bad note.. i was doing so well too
iishort86 is offline Find More Posts by iishort86
Old Feb 08, 2006, 12:50 PM
Heligirl
N.J.
Joined Feb 2006
75 Posts
iishort86,

Don't feel bad I just got back home from my CRASH too.
It was dead calm so today was my first try at inverted...first 3 packs were
GREAT i was getting use to it
Pack #4 flying inverted Fast Backward Circles..I think my batteries went low(well that is my story and I'm stickin to it) it started to come down FAST and I pushed the throttle when i shoulda pulled...flew it full bore into the ground upside down... Big Bota Boom!!! I broke EVERYTHING except the landing skids. My dad said it's totaled...Soooooooooo i'm being really nice and hopin he is on the way to the HS to get me a new one..
Lacey
LaceyCopter is offline Find More Posts by LaceyCopter
Old Feb 08, 2006, 12:56 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,317 Posts
iishort,

I did not think it important to mention the "final landing" as it really was not representative of the long flight and the progress that you have been making. Your turns were nicely coordinated and not a lot of people understand to do that.

Everyone dorks their helicopter occasionally (I still have the mortal remains of Falcon 808 #3 in the garage-spat a main blade off at about 300 feet up-very messy...).

I stuffed one of my Honeybee's last fall, after an attempt at inverted and totaled it.

See you tomorrow morning!

LaceyCopter,

Very cool that you are flying inverted backwards! WOW!!! I hope that your dad gets you a new machine quickly!!!
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem