HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2006, 09:16 AM
Roswell, NM
Joined Jan 2006
21 Posts
Dennis and Paul,
Thank you for your help. I was able to get it put back together and am finishing up loctiting everything. Had to make a special run for the loctite. I can't wait until I'm done with my "have to's" , so I can get back to flying.
BTW, Dennis, your last post had me rolling on the floor!
Juli Adcock is offline Find More Posts by Juli Adcock
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2006, 10:24 AM
Joined Jan 2006
21 Posts
Zap3267 yes i did have to contact them via email for this info

i was told

Quote:
For the parts, our minimum order is 10 pcs for each part.

Shipping can be through EMS, which cost US$ 8.50 per Kilogram.

Payment to be made by T/T or Western Union.
here are the other parts and prices i was given

one has to wonder how much they could do a 22E for ! the best price i found on ebay was aprox £50, so what could these guys do it for i wonder. mind you i bet you would have to buy 10

mind you i'm still tempted to by 10 sets of blades
petsyb is offline Find More Posts by petsyb
Last edited by petsyb; Feb 07, 2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2006, 10:59 AM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
i really doubt you'll ever use up those 10 blades... unless you're just that bad at flying?

for that price $4x10 id rather get cf blades. Just dont hit anyone with the helicopter or fly indoors.. You'll break/hurt someone if you crash
iishort86 is offline Find More Posts by iishort86
Old Feb 07, 2006, 11:09 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,335 Posts
iishort,

Let's shoot for tomorrow morning to fly. Same place, between 7:30 and 8:30 AM.

I have charged your Lipo. It only took about 470 mils, so I am assuming that it was partially charged at the factory. I have not used my stock Venom charger for a while and am not sure where I put it. Assuming that I can find it in time, I will charge your Nimh.

I will bring strips of velcro and TIE Wraps.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old Feb 07, 2006, 12:35 PM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem
iishort,

Let's shoot for tomorrow morning to fly. Same place, between 7:30 and 8:30 AM.

I have charged your Lipo. It only took about 470 mils, so I am assuming that it was partially charged at the factory. I have not used my stock Venom charger for a while and am not sure where I put it. Assuming that I can find it in time, I will charge your Nimh.

I will bring strips of velcro and TIE Wraps.
awesome ill be there!

i got 2 more e-power lipos that already have jst's installed so it's all ready to go! only thing is that it's max discharge is 10c and continuous is 7c. would that be good enough? it was made for bcp/cp2 so i was hoping it'll be ok.

cya there tomorrow morning
Old Feb 07, 2006, 12:47 PM
Joined Mar 2005
3,335 Posts
iishort,

What is the total current capacity of the batteries? If it is 1000 mills, and can discharge at a rate of 7C continuously, that would say that it is good for a discharge rate of 7000 mils or 7 amps. Chris of Venom says that the VNR3D draws about 13 amps with the stock motor, so I suspect that those batteries do not have enough capacity.

Perhaps he will chime in here.

Your battery that I have put the plug on yesterday has a total capacity of 1320 mils and is rated at a 12C discharge. If I did the math right, it can deliver 15.84 amps and so should be fine. The 12C rating is the "Max" discharge rate-there is no indication of the "Continous" discharge rate.
Old Feb 07, 2006, 12:56 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
I have been trying to get thru to Venom, to find out when the parts will be in this time, but I can't get thru... Does anyone remember the size of the balls we need to repair the blade grips and see saw arms with ? I think I need to pick up a bag of them.
This is so weird.... I have been practicing on the G2 Real Flight Simulator, and I am flyin all over the place. Even doin low level figure 8's. Im landing and taking off in all directions too, but every time I get the VNR3D out, I have a boom strike at some point, and it's all over. That's it, im changing my name to Boomer !!!
Dennis Flora is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Flora
Old Feb 07, 2006, 01:18 PM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
Yea I went back to check and CG said 13amps at full throttle/pitch. maybe mines will be just high enough for slow flight? hahaha darn i should have rechecked before i purchased...

we shall find out tomorrow if i wasted $40 on two lipos
Old Feb 07, 2006, 01:35 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Flora
I have been trying to get thru to Venom, to find out when the parts will be in this time, but I can't get thru... Does anyone remember the size of the balls we need to repair the blade grips and see saw arms with ? I think I need to pick up a bag of them.
This is so weird.... I have been practicing on the G2 Real Flight Simulator, and I am flyin all over the place. Even doin low level figure 8's. Im landing and taking off in all directions too, but every time I get the VNR3D out, I have a boom strike at some point, and it's all over. That's it, im changing my name to Boomer !!!

Dennis:

Rcboyz has them... here is the link to the ebay ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6034108918

Losi part number:LOSB1051

call him and he should have more!
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2006, 02:02 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
Thanks !!! Just called my LHS and he is ordering some. Also, got my call back from Venom. They feel awful about the parts problem were having, but apparently, there's some kind of a Japanese 10 day holiday goin on over sea's, and we have to suffer thru it. Oh well, before too long we will be in good shape. Im goin to Redding now to pick up a few things that I can get. Carbon Fiber Blades, and a see saw at least. What da hay, it's a nice day for a ride.... kinda chilly, but the sun is out... Good enuf for me !!! Dennis
Dennis Flora is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Flora
Old Feb 07, 2006, 02:21 PM
Joined Mar 2005
3,335 Posts
Dennis,

Your work on the simulator will help you with orientation and general control manipulation and it is good that you are doing well at it. As you have found out, flying the real thing is much different.

You have a great attitude and your perserverance seems to be paying off!

Keep hammering!!!!
Old Feb 07, 2006, 02:21 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
I placed an order friday.. I just now recieved a message from shopatron....

We have some important information regarding your Order Number *****9 placed on the website through Shopatron.
We are not able to ship your order at this time, but we expect to ship the
order in its entirety in 2-4 weeks.

MAN.. I'LL FORGET HOW TO FLY BY THEN.
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Old Feb 07, 2006, 02:28 PM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOING
I placed an order friday.. I just now recieved a message from shopatron....

We have some important information regarding your Order Number *****9 placed on the website through Shopatron.
We are not able to ship your order at this time, but we expect to ship the
order in its entirety in 2-4 weeks.

MAN.. I'LL FORGET HOW TO FLY BY THEN.
what exactly did you order? i thought venom just got a huge supply of replacement parts?
Old Feb 07, 2006, 03:05 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
Shopatron just told me 1 more week. jeeze...

I should just buy a new night ranger.
tonight I am going to investigate my hornet 2 parts fit :-)
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Feb 07, 2006, 03:10 PM
Fort Collins, CO.
Joined Sep 2002
457 Posts
they shipped my parts yesterday, I just checked my e-mail. I put my order in on friday, they still show all parts in stock.
flybye is offline Find More Posts by flybye