HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2006, 08:47 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Flora
There is no parts... we have to take a break until they come in. My LHS is out to... Even his personal chopper is down for parts, cause i got em... LOL He actually sold me parts off his VNR3D so I could practice. Now neither of us can fly...
I really hate waiting on parts. I've been waiting 2 days just for them to ship. Don't look like their going to ship today. Hope shopatron have a few more parts left. I bought a 357 Magnum to kill time until they arrive
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2006, 09:20 PM
Joined Feb 2006
1 Posts
I was allmost going to buy the dragonfly #36 because it looks so cool, then i read the venom night ranger shiza's all over it, but after buying the venom 3D i still like the look of the #36 better. The Venom lives up to its name, awsome. I am going to customise the look of my vnr 3d with cf blades an new paint, custom lower alloy landing gear ect...

Has anyone customised the look of their VNR 3D ? Post pics
madean77 is offline Find More Posts by madean77
Old Feb 06, 2006, 09:28 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madean77
I was allmost going to buy the dragonfly #36 because it looks so cool, then i read the venom night ranger shiza's all over it, but after buying the venom 3D i still like the look of the #36 better. The Venom lives up to its name, awsome. I am going to customise the look of my vnr 3d with cf blades an new paint, custom lower alloy landing gear ect...

Has anyone customised the look of their VNR 3D ? Post pics
Were customizing it alright.. With broken parts!
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Last edited by BOING; Feb 06, 2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 09:48 PM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOING

Arrrghhhhh..... I hate that pic LOL.

I customized a steel ball on the tail stabilizer bar LOL Looks very sharp. hehe.
Honestly, I would love to see someone do some custom work though. Where are the aluminum hopups Venom? I ordered the CF blades today. Oh yes, I also put the Venom logo stickers on the paddles sometimes I get charmed like a snake while watching them.
Zap3267 is offline Find More Posts by Zap3267
Old Feb 06, 2006, 09:51 PM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
madeen87, you actually like the 36? Personally I think it's ugly how the canopy is clear and you can actually see the battery and all the other equipment just laying there. and whats up with all those red white and blue stripes?

only thing i do like about the 36 is the belt drive.

other than that no thxs

you never know what you'll get from these off shore companies...

but back to nr3d, it'll be interesting to see how your makeover will look. im guessing it will look simular to 36 since you are so into that heli
iishort86 is offline Find More Posts by iishort86
Old Feb 06, 2006, 10:35 PM
Heligirl
N.J.
Joined Feb 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Yipes!!! I almost cried when i saw that picture Boing

I'm startin to customize mine I found a 22e canopy(looks the same) I'm painting it and the blades Pink with Purple trim. Wonder if Venom will like it..
Lacey
LaceyCopter is offline Find More Posts by LaceyCopter
Old Feb 06, 2006, 10:44 PM
Melbourne, Aus
Joined Feb 2006
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C of G
@denford

I have been to the factory a couple of times and yes they do fly each one before it goes in the box. Its cool the pilots have a large transmitter pack and he just uses the jack on the back of the radio and flys the model. The guy is so good at it by now he catches the VNRII's by hand.
I can catch and launch the Outback and VNRII's but not the 3D, no way!

Chris

Hi Chris does this mean that the plug does do something? Please I would love to be able to practice with the venom controller.

On a side note, I have found that you have to be careful which way you put the battery pack into the controller. If the little plastic tabs are facing the wrong way they jam against the pots for the sticks and stop the sticks moving freely and returning to centre. This may be the cause of some peoples problems with the controller sticks not moving freely.

Dishy
Dishy is offline Find More Posts by Dishy
Old Feb 06, 2006, 11:08 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Question,,,
When i crashed I broke 1 of the blade holders , the little ball that controlls the pitch broke off .. Do you think it would be ok to glue it?
I've allready been told no by some RC ninjias , but if i'm going to crash anyway whats the harm? heheh
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
Old Feb 06, 2006, 11:28 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
No, but you can drill it and use those metal balls
someone talked about. I forgot who's balls they were.
Dennis Flora is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Flora
Last edited by Dennis Flora; Feb 06, 2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 11:42 PM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
that happened to me also and for the time i was waiting for new parts i just used hot gun glue to glue it back.

i wouldnt use superglue or model glue because that stuff tends to melt away the plastic if you put too much.

with hot gun glue i just put a massive amount on the entire ball "arm" part. basically glued from grip all the way out to the ball itself. it worked great, but once i got the grips i installed the new ones right away because you know whats going to happen when for some reason the glue gives and you loose one blade at 15+ ft in the air right? or even at 1 ft you'll probably break more parts that will cost you more than the $20 for new grips/shipping.
iishort86 is offline Find More Posts by iishort86
Old Feb 07, 2006, 12:03 AM
S.E. Melbourne Australia
Joined Jan 2006
103 Posts
Quote:
I'm ok with the dean connectors, as I have one more pair left. I made the charge leads, and battery leads using the y-adapter.. I'm just wondering if the swallow charger would be more efficient on the stock NiMH 650, or even faster? than the stock wall charger, if this is the case, I'll cut the connector using another female dean on the battery, to keep from making more charge leads. I'm only using the swallow for Lipo at the moment.
Hi BOING

If you have a real battery charger then use it. At the sort of current you will be charging with the the connector type will make no difference. Just keep the charge current down to less that 1A so the battery does not get to hot.

Matt
Mattrx is offline Find More Posts by Mattrx
Old Feb 07, 2006, 12:51 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
No, there is a second smaller plug looks like its for earphones, its a power jack.

Sorry Zap I missed your question regarding the washer thats retaining the mixing arm. Just take a soldering iron and melt the extra length of the pin sticking out past the washer upto the washer itself and stop. Thats it, very simple.

Fixes at Venom,

We do exactly the same adjustments to the 3D's that I outlined on page 3, and other pages here in this thread, during the rebuild of a customers 3D. Thats why I ask people not to wrench on their 3D's when they return because they have been test flown here and adjusted for normal average level flight. The guys who can do 3D generally dont send in their models and they will adjust theirs to fly as they like.

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Feb 07, 2006, 07:18 AM
Joined Jan 2006
21 Posts
Skrogg
Quote:
Question,,,
When I crashed I broke 1 of the blade holders , the little ball that controls the pitch broke off .. Do you think it would be ok to glue it?
I've
if you read back a bit through this post , you will see what I did to fix these blade clamps

1) find a small wood tack nail
2) Drill a small hole down through the ball in to the clamp so as the nail will fit snugly
2a) if the ball has already snapped of be careful to make sure the break lines up as you drill
3)place super glue on the nail and push through the ball

hey presto stronger than before

however I have since found all what happens now is the clamp snaps further down so :-

4) obtain a small piece of cloth about 1inch or 2.5cm by 1/4 inch or 5mm
5) super glue the break back together
6) super glue the cloth around the break gluing as you go
7) the super glue should make the material set really hard

now comes the next sad part the clamps no longer break , they just take chunks out of the blades, as you will see it's a toss up as the blades get jammed by hitting the ground or whatever they smash in to the clamps so one has to give or even both
petsyb is offline Find More Posts by petsyb
Old Feb 07, 2006, 07:28 AM
Joined Jan 2006
21 Posts
Mega cheap parts

Mega cheap parts

Though I have now been told the minimum order is 10 off

however if you have a friend with the same heli could be worth it

blades for $4.50 or £2.56 , check out the attached pic for other prices

www.rc-field.com

note these are 22E parts , but as most of you already know they are virtually the same beast
petsyb is offline Find More Posts by petsyb
Old Feb 07, 2006, 10:15 AM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
Petsy did you have to email them for pricing? I cant find those parts or pricing anywhere at that site.
Zap3267 is offline Find More Posts by Zap3267