HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2006, 03:01 PM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
When using the mini-t ball studs make sure that they are not rubbing the pitch links. I tapped mine a bit too far back and they rubbed so be careful.
Zap3267 is offline Find More Posts by Zap3267
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2006, 03:08 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,375 Posts
Denford,

Things to locktite:

1) The stainless steel set screw in the green machined portion of the rotor head. This set screw, when tightened, should rest in the flat machined onto the main rotor shaft. The set screw should be at the top of the flat area, per Venom.

2) The knurled collar (also annodized green) at the base of the rotor head. I have loosened mine, applied a small amount of blue loctite here , and tightened this back up as well.

3) The black set screw in the silver collar on the main shaft immediately above the frame.

4) The black set screw in the aluminum main gear hub at the bottom of the main shaft.

All of these things should be locktited and kept tight.

Please note that there is a collar above the main gear and identical to the one above the frame. This collar is used as a spacer and does not require a set screw.

I believe that Venom does fly each machine prior to its leaving the factory. Chris of Venom (C of G) would have to comment on this.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Last edited by Ah Clem; Feb 06, 2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 03:12 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
@denford

I have been to the factory a couple of times and yes they do fly each one before it goes in the box. Its cool the pilots have a large transmitter pack and he just uses the jack on the back of the radio and flys the model. The guy is so good at it by now he catches the VNRII's by hand.
I can catch and launch the Outback and VNRII's but not the 3D, no way!

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Feb 06, 2006, 04:18 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
That's how the arms are put on. The factory one's are probably fine, but when ya do it yourself during a repair, just make sure ya get the retainer on good. Someone posted a link to a heli flight school online. Anyone have that handy ? Dennis
Dennis Flora is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Flora
Old Feb 06, 2006, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Kbooth

Does the website show you, that your parts have shipped yet?
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Old Feb 06, 2006, 05:38 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOING
Does the website show you, that your parts have shipped yet?
No i canceled my order..I found parts in UT that I hope will ship today.. I talked to shopatron this morning and they couldnt give me a shipdate..
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Feb 06, 2006, 05:47 PM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Flora
That's how the arms are put on. The factory one's are probably fine, but when ya do it yourself during a repair, just make sure ya get the retainer on good. Someone posted a link to a heli flight school online. Anyone have that handy ? Dennis

here you go Dennis :-) http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Feb 06, 2006, 05:49 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
11,092 Posts
Quote:
Is this what your looking for?
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/battery01.html
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2006, 05:59 PM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem
iishort,

Do you want some velcro to mount you Lipo transversely, as mine is mounted?

It will help keep the CG further forward and the velcro will also space the battery down from the main shaft a little to keep it from rubbing.

yea im going to need a few strips of velcro. i thought i had some at home, but it looks like it's all gone now.

let me know when you can go fly
iishort86 is offline Find More Posts by iishort86
Old Feb 06, 2006, 06:07 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
Yes, thats it... thanks guys !!! All the new pilots need to go thru that website, and it looks like I do too again. A gust of wind got me today, I need alot of parts again. I can't afford much more of this. This will make about $250.00 in crash parts after this repair. LOL Will the destruction ever end ???
I was doin so nice, then woosh !!! Tossed aside like a leaf !!! hahaha !!! It looked like I was yanked off stage. LOL
Old Feb 06, 2006, 06:11 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
11,092 Posts
Quote:
Yes, thats it... thanks guys !!! All the new pilots need to go thru that website, and it looks like I do too again. A gust of wind got me today, I need alot of parts again. I can't afford much more of this. This will make about $250.00 in crash parts after this repair. LOL Will the destruction ever end ???
I was doin so nice, then woosh !!! Tossed aside like a leaf !!! hahaha !!! It looked like I was yanked off stage. LOL

Sorry to hear that Dennis
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2006, 06:46 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
What goes up, must come down. LOL Too bad we can't get the parts...
Old Feb 06, 2006, 06:50 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Quote:
Now I don't feel so bad after my 100$ crash, Thanks Dennis. BTW where do you order your parts?
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Old Feb 06, 2006, 07:43 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Dude! just order another one...
Any word when we are going to see parts?
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
Old Feb 06, 2006, 07:50 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
There is no parts... we have to take a break until they come in. My LHS is out to... Even his personal chopper is down for parts, cause i got em... LOL He actually sold me parts off his VNR3D so I could practice. Now neither of us can fly...