HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2006, 11:21 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,375 Posts
iishort,

Your plug adapter and batteries are done!!!
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2006, 11:30 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Just wondering if I should cut the stock NiMH battery connector and use a dean. The leads i made are dean on my Swallow charger. Wouldn't the charge be more efficient?
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Old Feb 06, 2006, 12:23 AM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem
iishort,

Your plug adapter and batteries are done!!!
aw thanks al clem! cant wait to get back up again!

just send me a pm early in the morning or late at night whenever you have the slightest chance of being able to come out and ill check in the mornings before i leave.
iishort86 is offline Find More Posts by iishort86
Old Feb 06, 2006, 12:44 AM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
I am still not sure enough to melt anything I really am a visual person show me once and i'll remember it but tell me and I can't wrap my mind around it. Paul or C&G can you post a picture? Anyone? Help?

I am hovering mine but the way I learned with nothing trimmed I can hover darn near anything though, sometimes I have to take my hands off to quit compensating. So their could be slop still just definitely feel like she is tuning in. I am all about even better though. I found that the span of the paddles made a big difference in stability too. quite a bit of variance in how far you tighten the paddles down onto the flybar. anyone know the optimum distance?
Zap3267 is offline Find More Posts by Zap3267
Old Feb 06, 2006, 12:58 AM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
Paul and CG could we get a list of the fixes you currently are using at the shop.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 01:43 AM
S.E. Melbourne Australia
Joined Jan 2006
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOING
The female looks a little different. They seem so close. But looking at the female, It looks like the pin holes are boxed off, which they aren't on the Venoms. I may be wrong cuz the picture is not that easy to see, but thanks for the link anyway. Even then I could prolly modify it and make it work, but I'll just go with dean's ultra, everyone here seems to highly recommend them.
Nope, they are exactly that same as the connectors used by Venom. I know because I have used them. I made an adaptor cable for my battery charger. The only difference is the colour.

Happy hovering

Matt
Mattrx is offline Find More Posts by Mattrx
Old Feb 06, 2006, 02:09 AM
I'll Mace You Good!!!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
906 Posts
[QUOTE=Fly Or Die]So, does anyone know where to get a vid of this thing other that venoms web site, I checked the post earlier that had a lead to it but couldnt find itQUOTE]

Theres one halfway down here.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_mod...helicopter.htm
stevenkelby is offline Find More Posts by stevenkelby
Old Feb 06, 2006, 02:11 AM
Woohoohoohoohoo! AGAIN!!
Manly Vale, Australia
Joined Aug 2003
119 Posts
Dennis, would you be so kind as to post a photo with direction as to what you've repaired to make your heli so stable? I'm a visual person, and generally require a picture to get the message.
Thanks Mate
Randori is offline Find More Posts by Randori
Old Feb 06, 2006, 10:14 AM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattrx
Nope, they are exactly that same as the connectors used by Venom. I know because I have used them. I made an adaptor cable for my battery charger. The only difference is the colour.

Happy hovering

Matt
I'm ok with the dean connectors, as I have one more pair left. I made the charge leads, and battery leads using the y-adapter.. I'm just wondering if the swallow charger would be more efficient on the stock NiMH 650, or even faster? than the stock wall charger, if this is the case, I'll cut the connector using another female dean on the battery, to keep from making more charge leads. I'm only using the swallow for Lipo at the moment.
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Old Feb 06, 2006, 10:34 AM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
If you pissed them off and still got that monitor setup, I'd hate to see what you'd have if they liked you .

yeah...

Cad Designer, I need the monitors, just got them 2 weeks ago.

about the keyboard, they said when it stops working they will get me a new one. lol
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Feb 06, 2006, 11:15 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap3267
I am still not sure enough to melt anything I really am a visual person show me once and i'll remember it but tell me and I can't wrap my mind around it. Paul or C&G can you post a picture? Anyone? Help?
Hope this helps...Put the little ring on the post of the see saw and melt the post just enough to retain the ring so there is no play on the repaired arm!

For the washers, just put them on each end of the see saw where it connects to the Flybar control Tray and Flybar..

Hope this helps!!!
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by kbooth; Feb 06, 2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2006, 12:37 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,375 Posts
iishort,

Do you want some velcro to mount you Lipo transversely, as mine is mounted?

It will help keep the CG further forward and the velcro will also space the battery down from the main shaft a little to keep it from rubbing.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old Feb 06, 2006, 01:32 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,074 Posts
Just An Fyi

RCBOYZ.COM has the mini-t ball studs..
heres a link to the ebay store:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6034108918

You can also get them on their site www.rcboyz.com
They have great CS also... Just talk to Josh!
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Feb 06, 2006, 01:45 PM
Hiram, Georgia
Joined Feb 2006
48 Posts
Pre-flight set ups

OK, here I go. My VNR3D came today and I am a newbie. I have been reading and communicating with folks on this discussion. I will begin my pre-flight set up tonight. Things I know about pre-flight -- Locktite on metal to metal screws, install trainer gear, read the manual, get ready to order new parts. Things I don't know -- How many and which screws require blue locktite. How much locktite on each fasterner? How do I check the pitch of the blades? How do the micro pitch guages work.(I don not have one, but am interested in the purchase of one) Are there any pre-flight trims to be performed before flight (other than aligning blades as described in the manual) or do I have to be in the air to discover what needs to be trimmed out. I know there is a lot more I don't know and need to know before my first attempt (other than a cheap simulator). I will not fly tonight, but maybe soon in the gym at school. I want to make sure I cross all the known t's and dot all the known I's before I attempt flight. I have read some of the modifications, but I think I need to find out the characteristics of this heli before I start melting stuff (By the way, that really scares me - melting stuff) and repositioning things. (I hope the guy or gal on the assembly line was having a good day when he or she put my heli together) I really wish they test flew these things before they ship out like other companies do with their heli's (So they claim!).

Thanks in advance
denford is offline Find More Posts by denford
Old Feb 06, 2006, 02:57 PM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
Kbooth looking down at your photo would you melt the top outer part just so it cant slip outward? Is that right? Sorry but I havent had that apart yet it appears that mine looks like it may have been melted already it is kind of rough.