SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2006, 06:28 PM
Conover, NC
Joined Jun 2005
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave420
Yeah... LOL

I pissed off the I.T dept. and they gave me a crappy keyboard.
If you pissed them off and still got that monitor setup, I'd hate to see what you'd have if they liked you .
heffe2001 is offline Find More Posts by heffe2001
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2006, 06:35 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbooth
Did you talk to someone, did they say they had all the parts in stock?

Another thing that bothers me, why do all the parts have #22 on them... Is this thing a dragonfly #22?

I have been looking and the #22v2 looks the same except for the blue parts.. what gives!!????
They told me my parts would ship monday.. So I guess they do.. SHopatron seemed pretty fast when I ordered the y adapter, which came in handy modifying it for the battery. Those dean connectors are bit of a pain to get soidered, but its well worth the time. I had to make the charger leads as well.. Man I'm getting pretty good at this soidering.. Considering I really sucked to begin with.
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Old Feb 04, 2006, 06:38 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOING
They told me my parts would ship monday.. So I guess they do.. SHopatron seemed pretty fast when I ordered the y adapter, which came in handy modifying it for the battery. Those dean connectors are bit of a pain to get soidered, but its well worth the time. I had to make the charger leads as well.. Man I'm getting pretty good at this soidering.. Considering I really sucked to begin with.
yeah its pretty easy.. the only thing you have to watch it not to get the deans plugs to hot!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Feb 04, 2006, 06:39 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
Well, time to put the training set back on and give er a try... It's so nice right now, it's kinda scary to think about lettin it leave the ground. It does have a very slight vibration at certain RPM's, but with those worn or defective bearings in the main mast, I kinda expected it. It is smoother than it has ever been before, but I still feel a little something goin on in there, even a small piece of tape out near the end of either blade, take it further away from what perfection I have attained, so it must be the bearings. The main mast is perfectly straight... Im just too damm picky for my own good I guess. LOL Dennis
Dennis Flora is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Flora
Old Feb 04, 2006, 06:43 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Dennis, take er up for a spin! See which way the winds blowing and get on the otherside of the house, thats what I do :

don't have your buddy come over and oversee anything, last thing you need is an audience.. Complete concentration is what you need.
Old Feb 04, 2006, 06:45 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
No, I need a net !!! LOL Report coming within the hour... Nervous Dennis

Update, it fell off the stool I had it on while I was puttin on the training set, and bent the flybar, so it's going to be a few more minutes... Damm !!!

Ok, good as new again... Quick top off charge, and away we go !!! That is if I don't trip on the way outside and fall on it. LOL What a day !!!
Last edited by Dennis Flora; Feb 04, 2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2006, 06:53 PM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
I don't see too much of a problem with my rebuilding this heli, Other than the

1. fact of the pinion gear going through the little hole on the tail blade motor housing.

2. get the main gear off and replacing it. The clearance is minimal between the alloy frame and gear, Just wondering if I can take all the setscrews loose and push whole main mast up through the gear, to get it off and the new one back on, then pushing the mast back down.

any easy way to get the gear off? I know on the dragonfly I had to hammer it off just about.
Old Feb 04, 2006, 07:12 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
Do you have an air hammer ??? Just kidding, don't fire up the compressor just yet. Yep, loosen all the collars and slide er out. If you work at it a little, the pinion will come thru the hole, mine did... Yours will too...
Old Feb 04, 2006, 08:06 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
I wonder who's bright idea these little gold pins in the control links was. He is a terrible engineer. I'll put a little RTV over them until I can come up with an intelligent alternative. Well, I took er out in the wind, thats all I had, and I had a very good experience. Even in the wind, I was able to hold some pretty long stable hoovers, and was also able to set er down nice and easy. However, it shot up like a rocket the first time, but I quickly turned up the PLT so I could get it down slowly this time, and it worked !!! Smooth as butter !!! Almost had a heart attach there for a few seconds. It's amazing how gettin rid of a little slop in a couple of area's can turn an unmanagable machine into a docile user friendly one, and that was with the swash links back in the center holes !!! I was keeping it within a 3 foot circle for the last minute or so until the battery went low on me. Im stoked !!! Dennis
Last edited by Dennis Flora; Feb 04, 2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2006, 08:17 PM
NR3D Owner
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2006
133 Posts
gj d

man reading your posts i cant wait to fly again!
iishort86 is offline Find More Posts by iishort86
Old Feb 04, 2006, 08:39 PM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
Whew !!! Now that I have had a chance to calm down a little, lets recap my discoveries... First of all, if the little pitch control arms on your see saw have any side to side play at all, remelt the retainer on tighter so the arm is nice and tight. This make all the difference in the world when it comes to keeping your VNR3D under control, especially if your a newbie like me. LOL
Next, check to see if you can move your flybar back and forth, whereas there is too much clearance between the control tray and the ends of the see saw. To remedy this, take 2 little blade grip washers and install 1 on each end. This keeps the flybar centered with the rotor head, and puts the iceing on the cake. Now take your heli out and give it a try. You will not beleive the difference !!! Next, throw away the stock blades, or use them to stir paint (as I have read someone else post), and buy some carbon fiber blades. That way, if you should knock your heli off a stool as I did earlier, your brand new $14.00 blades won't have a dent in the middle of them. LOL
Now, Im going to take my transmitter apart and find out why the sticks make clicking noises. My guess would be that a couple of the pots (kinda like volume controls) are loose and the clicking im hearing is the mounts clicking against the screws that are supposed to be tight. I'll let ya know about that in a while.
Beleive it or not, my little VNR3D handles just as easily as the heli's on my G2 Real Flight Simulator now !!! Im not kidding !!! Get er done !!! Dennis
Old Feb 04, 2006, 08:56 PM
Hiram, Georgia
Joined Feb 2006
48 Posts
Clicking in the radio

Now, Im going to take my transmitter apart and find out why the sticks make clicking noises. My guess would be that a couple of the pots (kinda like volume controls) are loose and the clicking im hearing is the mounts clicking against the screws that are supposed to be tight. I'll let ya know about that in a while.
Beleive it or not, my little VNR3D handles just as easily as the heli's on my G2 Real Flight Simulator now !!! Im not kidding !!! Get er done !!! Dennis[/QUOTE]

Ok Dennis, I am the one waiting on my VNR3D and needing convincing reasons to keep it once it gets here. Now I hear you saying you are having the problems many have said about the radio and clicking noises. One instance (at least one post) that ended up destroying someone's brand new heli because the radio stick stuck. Seems like there are a lot of things wrong with this thing that need constant attention. I know it is NOT a trainer, but it is sold and marketed as RTF. Not RTR as in Ready to Repair
denford is offline Find More Posts by denford
Old Feb 04, 2006, 09:46 PM
justa slave to the rhythm
Joined Jan 2006
135 Posts
Hey BOING,
hows the new pack? what kind of connector didja get and solder? Then have you flown it/ like better?
bluesjunky57 is offline Find More Posts by bluesjunky57
Old Feb 04, 2006, 09:47 PM
justa slave to the rhythm
Joined Jan 2006
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iishort86
gj d

man reading your posts i cant wait to fly again!

I second both!
bluesjunky57 is offline Find More Posts by bluesjunky57
Old Feb 04, 2006, 09:49 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denford
Ok Dennis, I am the one waiting on my VNR3D and needing convincing reasons to keep it once it gets here. Now I hear you saying you are having the problems many have said about the radio and clicking noises. One instance (at least one post) that ended up destroying someone's brand new heli because the radio stick stuck. Seems like there are a lot of things wrong with this thing that need constant attention. I know it is NOT a trainer, but it is sold and marketed as RTF. Not RTR as in Ready to Repair
I would go with something else until bugs are worked out and the parts are easyer to get... I called every dealer in southern cali that is listed on venoms site and NO ONE sells the heli nor the parts! (EXCEPT headrush but they have VERY few parts!)

I would save yourself and get a blade (if you want something in the same class).. Parts are found every where and it seems to have alot better 3rd party support... Im really thinking about repairing mine and selling it and just taking the loss.. If you really want one just buy a dragonfly #22..(for thosre that say the parts are stronger on the NR3D, take a look at every part they have a damn #22) Save youself the money! Everything from the radio to the 4n1 is the same as the dragonfly...

I think thats why they couldnt get the licensing for the sim... It's states dragonfly and they wanted the sim to call the heli a VNR3D... Just a guess but make sense to me

I know I will get flamed since there are alot of fanboys for this heli here... but read other sites and you will see it not just a few having issues, I would say 70%
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by kbooth; Feb 04, 2006 at 10:31 PM.