HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2006, 02:06 AM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
Cof G, I found my problem... it was the see saw, which came unassembled and with no instructions as to how to assemble it. I used my imagination and used a soldering iron to melt the end of the pivot peg to hold the retainer on, however, after a few hoover practice sessions, it became slightly loose on the peg, and I had too much freeplay in the directional controls. And I never tried to modify anything. All I did was replace lots of broken parts.
When can we expect to have a constant supply of parts for these 3D's ?
If im going to learn how to fly this thing, im going to need lots of parts on a regular basis. I crash alot... My most recent crash today was due to a PLT setting that was too low, and I was too stupid to stop when it wouldn't lift off at a reasonable RPM. I kept raising the throttle and it suddenly shot up about 30 feet with no warning. My fault again of course... But what bothers me is the fact that I can't get the parts I need when I need them. Tower Hobbys needs to get crackin... They don't have didely squat for these. Also, if the flybar see saw doesn't come assembled, then why can't we just get the arms seperate ? and why do we need to buy a whole rotor head if we just need the 2 little guide pins ??? I can live with that too, but I need to be able to get the parts I need before I forget what I have already learned. I can appreciate the fact that these heli's are new, but I think it would have been in the customers better interest if the VNR3D's didn't hit the streets until there were plenty of available parts, afer all, it's a helicopter, not a hammer. I needed to get that off my chest. Dennis
Dennis Flora is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Flora
Last edited by Dennis Flora; Feb 03, 2006 at 02:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2006, 02:32 AM
Joined Jan 2006
21 Posts
Can anyone tell me where the best place is to get parts for these ?

either in the UK or with cheap p&p

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/ have them advertised for later in feb

but i cant wait any longer

and

does any one know what rc car ball links will work ? as i have lost a link connector

all the best

Steve
petsyb is offline Find More Posts by petsyb
Old Feb 03, 2006, 03:44 AM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
I have a question for all you other VNR3D owners. How is your receiver/4in1 unit mounted ??? Mine is mounted on it's side, but I see in the manual, it is sitting flat. Everything else in the diagram seems to be sitting the way they are installed on the heli. Hmmm... Dennis
Old Feb 03, 2006, 05:08 AM
I'll Mace You Good!!!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
906 Posts
I don't have one of these (local store is OOS!, modelflight.com.au) but I don't blame Venom for the lack of supply, this heli would have to be the fastest selling heli ever, by a long way I would say.

2 of my friends are waiting for them.

I have a Trex but am tempted too.

Nice heli and so cheap!
stevenkelby is offline Find More Posts by stevenkelby
Old Feb 03, 2006, 05:44 AM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
http://www.modelflight.com.au/

I don't see the website anymore, is it down? .. Are they out of business? I just bought lipo and swallow charger from these people. Damn shame, it was an informative site.
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Old Feb 03, 2006, 05:47 AM
Account CLosed
Red Bluff, California
Joined Jan 2006
336 Posts
Yea, your right... they sold alot more of these than they anticipated in the beginning, and the spare parts demand has been astounding. It's a great heli, but im afraid that I started out with a bit more than I could chew. I've spent a little over $100.00 in rotor head parts so far, and need about $20.00 worth now, but now I have a better understanding of the machine, and I am showing signs of being able to actually fly the darn thing. I had a beautiful rock solid hoover just before my last crash. It was spectacular !!! I just came down a little too hard due to a mal adjusted radio that was my fault. Before the hoover, I got up there pretty quickly too. I think ya get the picture. Anyway, I can honestly tell you that the VNR3D had the power necessary to take off like a rocket with the right inputs. LOL Dennis
Old Feb 03, 2006, 05:50 AM
Joined Jan 2006
21 Posts
I have the 22E and it's probably been said before this is almost identical and parts are widely available (if you live in china !) , however from what I read the quality is not as good, though i did only pay £55 for mine

I didnt buy from this guy but here you can see

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Walkera-Dragon...QQcmdZViewItem

and after breaking several blade clamps , blades , legs, and a swash plate I 'm now looking to replace parts with venom parts in the hope they are better

if I can find a UK supplier of course

for anyone who is interested

i have been buying 22E parts from china from this guy
http://stores.ebay.com/BigDotUncle-Store
and he has given me the best prices and P&P so far
and parts got to me in less than 1 week (from china to the UK)

these are cheap
http://stores.ebay.com/rc-and-me
though P&P made them very expensive
petsyb is offline Find More Posts by petsyb
Last edited by petsyb; Feb 03, 2006 at 06:04 AM.
Old Feb 03, 2006, 06:01 AM
Joined Jan 2006
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattrx
Hi All

The battery connector is avaliable from farnell www.farnell.com

The part numbers are
335-7739 Battery connector male housing
335-7673 Battery connector male crimp pins

335-7697 4in1 connector female connector housing
335-7673 female connector crimp pins

You need both the connector housing and the crimp pins

If you do not have the correct crimp tool then please solder the pins!!

Enjoy

Matt
The female looks a little different. They seem so close. But looking at the female, It looks like the pin holes are boxed off, which they aren't on the Venoms. I may be wrong cuz the picture is not that easy to see, but thanks for the link anyway. Even then I could prolly modify it and make it work, but I'll just go with dean's ultra, everyone here seems to highly recommend them.
BOING is offline Find More Posts by BOING
Old Feb 03, 2006, 06:03 AM
I'll Mace You Good!!!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOING
I don't see the website anymore, is it down? .. Are they out of business? I just bought lipo and swallow charger from these people. Damn shame, it was an informative site.
Yeah thats strange it's not working for me either.

Server must be down.

The business isn't going anywhere, it's been there for about a hundred years! I live nearby and have friends there. Tony is a champion.

I'm sure the site will be back in a couple hours / tomorrow sometime.
Old Feb 03, 2006, 06:07 AM
I'll Mace You Good!!!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Flora
Yea, your right... they sold alot more of these than they anticipated in the beginning, and the spare parts demand has been astounding. It's a great heli, but im afraid that I started out with a bit more than I could chew. I've spent a little over $100.00 in rotor head parts so far, and need about $20.00 worth now, but now I have a better understanding of the machine, and I am showing signs of being able to actually fly the darn thing. I had a beautiful rock solid hoover just before my last crash. It was spectacular !!! I just came down a little too hard due to a mal adjusted radio that was my fault. Before the hoover, I got up there pretty quickly too. I think ya get the picture. Anyway, I can honestly tell you that the VNR3D had the power necessary to take off like a rocket with the right inputs. LOL Dennis
Hang in there Dennis, enjoy the challenge, forget being good at it!

Just in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

heli learners bible.

If your after a great hoover, try this little puppy from Align:

http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...roducts_id=336
Old Feb 03, 2006, 08:41 AM
NR2 & NR3D
Edwardsville, IL
Joined Jan 2006
56 Posts
I believe that I learned why a micro pitch guage is necessary. I replaced the blade holder and loctited as necessary put everything back together but couldn't figure out why one blade seemed twisted then realised that the other would be on a half revolution. By this time I had adjusted on all the push rods & taken both blade holders loose and tried to turn them back into position. After about an hour it became clear to me that I should try and adjust the head block. Well that definitely changed the pitch angle of the blades. I thought I had put it at the top of the flat spot like Venom suggested but either it came loose again or I had it wrong. After that I flew 3 packs through her and it was a very late night. I still feel like I may not have the pitch set right It seems like I need to get a little higher head speed to get lift now. The VNR2 is back together and flying better than ever albeit the tail motor gave me a sign that it may not last much longer. my buddy thought I had the tail gear too tight with the little rubber grommet. It seems to want to work its way loose anyway so I always push it up tight any suggestions on that?
Zap3267 is offline Find More Posts by Zap3267
Old Feb 03, 2006, 09:53 AM
Joined Jan 2006
7 Posts
Alot of people at our flying spot are replacing their Bell hiller linkage with this
Duzi product http://www.modefosheli.com/inc/sdetail/430. It's a bolt in, once you get the proper sized bearings. The duzi aluminum hornet II collective horn is a direct replacement also. I have also seen aluminum hornet blade grips used but the rotorhead block had to be modified. Venom blades are not compatable with the hornet grips either.

Dennis, I saw a NR3D do the same thing yours did. This kid got one for Christmas and came out to fly it. He was applying throttle slowly then all of a sudden it blasted off right into the ceiling. It sent us all running for cover. As of last week he was still down waiting for parts.
CowboyRay is offline Find More Posts by CowboyRay
Old Feb 03, 2006, 10:29 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,334 Posts
Cowboy Ray,

Thank you for the information on the DUZI part. I had seen these on the net, but did not know if they were a direct fit.

Thank you very much!
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old Feb 03, 2006, 11:45 AM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
My NR3D has just arrived at work, and I am now charging the batt.

I have to say this is the highest quallity $200 heli I have had and this makes my 15th heli.

far nicer plastic molding than the hummingbirds, dragon flys, blades, etc.....

the TX feels very nice in the hands.

very nice work Venom !!. If I crash it then I am going to see if my Hornet 2 maingear and tail can be fitted.

and I already have most of Duzis parts from my other hornets to try.
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Feb 03, 2006, 12:39 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkelby
If your after a great hoover, try this little puppy from Align:

http://www.align.com.tw/shop/product...roducts_id=336

Wow, theres that great Aussi sense of humor! LMAO

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro