HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2011, 07:44 AM
4G6S TREX-250 4#3B 4G3
Joined Sep 2008
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafjam View Post
Has anyone used the 2604 receiver with the wk-2801? I am trying to setup my Exceed Eagle 50/22E/VNR3D to run with the 2801. Can't believe no one has done this?

Anyone?
I've a plan but have yet to implement: see post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3595

Tom
Zenom is offline Find More Posts by Zenom
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2011, 03:22 PM
NY City
Joined Dec 2009
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
There are a couple motors out there now that can work. Feigao has a 12mm short can motor and Medusa Research as well plus there are micro outrunners. The issue is you will have to switch your radio system over to individual components to make that happen because the 4/1 will not work in that configuration. You will need an ESC plugged into the servo lead of a gyro to make the tail motor respond. A small 10A unit will do.

Chris
Chris does that mean that the ESC has to be plugged into the GYRO connector of the receiver or do you mean it needs to be plugged into a physical separate gyro?
lafjam is offline Find More Posts by lafjam
Old Feb 18, 2011, 03:23 PM
NY City
Joined Dec 2009
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenom View Post
I've a plan but have yet to implement: see post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3595

Tom
Saw that... Did you go any further since last year?
lafjam is offline Find More Posts by lafjam
Old Apr 17, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Hey guys I am having some real trouble. I can not find the supplement that used to be on Venoms site. I would really appreciate seeing a picture of dipswitch settings on the back of the radio and alignment of the motor and flight control plugs. Any help would be much appreciated. I bought this along time ago used and the previous owner muddled with everything and well I have never flown this heli yet. Now it seems Venom -aircorps.com does not exist
LIGHTSPD is offline Find More Posts by LIGHTSPD
Old Apr 17, 2011, 08:06 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
1,315 Posts
Here you go - see the attachment. It is from page 7 of the manual.

Good luck with the Venom VNR3D. I have the full manual but its over 8MB. Just send me a PM if you'd like me to email you.
John235 is offline Find More Posts by John235
Old Apr 17, 2011, 08:26 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2 Posts
Hey John am I in the wrong section is that diagram for a NightRanger 3D Micro because I have 12 dip switches.
LIGHTSPD is offline Find More Posts by LIGHTSPD
Old Apr 17, 2011, 09:16 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTSPD View Post
Hey John am I in the wrong section is that diagram for a NightRanger 3D Micro because I have 12 dip switches.
Not the Micro. It is for the Night-Ranger 3D with 570mm Rotor span.
John235 is offline Find More Posts by John235
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:47 PM
United States, GA, Grayson
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry to dredge up a two year old thread, but my neighbor found an Exceed RC Eagle 50 in the house his mother bought, and since he knows I am into RC planes, he gave it to me to fix up and (hopefully) teach him to fly it. My only CP heli experience is on Phoenix, but I will loan him my disk and DX6i and let him get a feel for it on the sim before he ever touches the actual heli. Assuming I can even get it to fly, lol.

Anyways, first off, the Exceed Eagle 50 is a clone of the Night Ranger 3D, right?
tripleup05 is offline Find More Posts by tripleup05
Old Apr 13, 2013, 07:13 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
You may be right and I'm the wrong person to answer...but I think the Night Ranger and Walkera #52-1 are "related".
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Apr 13, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
You may be right and I'm the wrong person to answer...but I think the Night Ranger and Walkera #52-1 are "related".
Yep. They seem to be pretty close, if not the exact same. If yall think I should start my own thread, let me know, but since the heli I have is so very similar to this one, I figured I would piggyback off this thread.

So, more questions:

1. The flybar needs replacing. What pitch are the flybar paddles supposed to be set to, and how do I set them? Actually, same question about main blades...how do you set proper pitch?

2. On the first picture below, you see a linkage I drew an arrow to. That link is supposed to have a little ball on it for a ball-linkage to snap to. As you can see, its broken off, so I need a new one. However, I can't seem to find that part for sale. The Walkera 22E, Venom Night Ranger 3D, and Exceed RC Eagle 50 all seem to be the same heli. I have tried finding that piece one all three aircraft, and I haven't had any luck. Could yall please point me in the right direction to get that part ordered?

3. On the second picture, I circled a collet. The set screw is stripped out in it, and it won't tighten. When I spin up the motor, the main blades don't turn. Something is slipping. Is that where the slipping is occuring?

If yall couldn't tell...I really don't know much about helis. Planks are so much simpler

Thanks so much for the help!

Last edited by tripleup05; Apr 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:24 AM
Joined Mar 2008
505 Posts
I figured out #2 on another forum. Any input on #1 and #3?

Thanks
Old Jul 08, 2013, 08:10 PM
What is a controlled landing?
United States, WI, Sun Prairie
Joined Feb 2013
669 Posts
Hi All,
My buddy is going to give me his Venom NR 3d. It was mine once but I needed money so I sold it to him. I am sure it has been on a shelf for the last 4 years and will need new batteries and probably some other parts. I read I can use a 3s lipo in it but I am not sure which one I can use. What are you guys using in it? I also have another dumb question I have a Flysky TH9x TX and Rx. Is it possible to use that Rx and Tx with it? I have been flying some FP helis for a little while and some quads and am kind of excited to try a CP. Thanks for any info you can give me.
- bebeep89
bebeep89 is online now Find More Posts by bebeep89
Old Jan 10, 2014, 08:48 PM
Joined Mar 2006
15 Posts
Just bought a CNC head off ebay ... Unassembled CNC Metal Upgrade Rotor Head f RC Walkera 22E 76B E-sky HoneyBee CP2

i crashed my rig back in 2006 and just now getting around to fixing it up again. I suppose the battery needs to be replaced also.
morggin is offline Find More Posts by morggin