HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:50 PM
gravity is strong where I fly
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jul 2011
224 Posts
I resisted putting the Velcro in place under the wing because I thought that Multiplex would have gotten this design nailed before they made the molds.......
Turns out this mod is exactly what this plane needs for faster speeds. It made the plane much more high speed ready, yet it still flies very well at slower speeds / glides.
Do the mod – you won’t be disappointed. Even if you think you are better off without the mod; it’s quite reversible!
Air Cooled is offline Find More Posts by Air Cooled
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:01 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
completely agree....at full throttle this thing hauls with the mod.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:34 PM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cooled View Post
I resisted putting the Velcro in place under the wing because I thought that Multiplex would have gotten this design nailed before they made the molds.......
Turns out this mod is exactly what this plane needs for faster speeds. It made the plane much more high speed ready, yet it still flies very well at slower speeds / glides.
Do the mod – you won’t be disappointed. Even if you think you are better off without the mod; it’s quite reversible!
Do you have photos?
ryan_t888 is offline Find More Posts by ryan_t888
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Jul 2011
224 Posts
Sorry, the plane is over at my dads right now, but it's easy.

Remove the screw that holds the wing on, then you'll see the mating surfaces where the wing fully contacts the fuse. Use both half's on the Velcro and cut a piece that will fit between the fuse and the wing on the surfaces at the farthest back on the wing. Stick them onto the fuse and wing. You'll end up spacing the backside of the wing up from it's original location and this is what gives the entire wing a better angle by having the whole wing spaced up on the back end. Expect to re-trim the elevator for level flight once you get it back up in the air.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:11 PM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
Does this help the characteristics of flying belly up or upside down?
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Jul 2011
224 Posts
I don't know that it helps flying inverted

This isn't a plane I do alot of inverted flight with....I save that for some of my other planes that fly inverted very well (like the Formosa)
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:19 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,105 Posts
This plane flies inverted nicely. However, it doesn't roll worth a damn.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
What is your set up? Mine rolls like a fiend with full throws on high settings and the brushless set up.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:42 PM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario
Joined Oct 2005
673 Posts
I like to fly inverted and roll. It rolls better than flies inverted in my opinion. 1800kv 11.1v spinning a 7x5 at 220watts or so. It's a great lil plane.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:55 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,105 Posts
I'm using a 1300kv slinging a 8040 prop with an older TP prolite. I have the ailerons set at specs. I don't have any high rates set. I originally had the throws maxed out, but found the plane balloons nose up when the rates are any higher than recommended specs. Even with the recommended throws it still wants to balloon, and I find I have to mix in some rudder when turning no matter where I set them.
Now that I have adapted to it I should set up some higher rates. A higher Kv that can handle more than the mere 100 watts I'm running now, and a bigger prop might help it roll a bit better, too.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:43 AM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
do you have a link to this camera? Thanks
There's an extensive thread on this. Make sure to pick the right version of the currently 3 available ones: 808 #16 v1, 808 #16 v2 "red lens", 808 #16 v2 "wide angle (120*) lens". I can confirm that the recommended seller is very good indeed. Consider getting a combo including memcard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
This new #16HD is a completely redesigned version of it's predecessor, the #11HD keychain camera. Internal pictures are attached below, and the CMOS sensor data sheet is available here.

So far, the following eBay stores have been identified selling the REAL #16 HD key cam. There has been no negative user feedback posted here on any of these stores, and positive feedback has been posted of receiving good service and vendors standing behind their product if any problems come up that are not caused by user abuse, crash damage, etc.:

eletoponline365 digitalele889

Prices can vary slightly from one vendor to the other and depends on what is included in different accessory packages. User replaceable parts, i.e. battery and CMOS/lens module, are available from the camera vendors for about $4US and $9US delivered, respectively. Class 4 memory cards provide the best compatibility with this camera and are strongly recommended. Class 6 and Class 10 cards, at best, do NOTHING to improve the camera's video and cost more, and at worst, they may not work at all! If you are uncertain about what kind of memory cards work with the camera (see the FAQ in post #3), just order one from the camera vendor when you place your order and be done with it!

Look for the frame size and frame rate to be 1280 x 720 @ 30 fps, the H.264 video codec, and the .MOV file format. The detailed specification that frequently accompany the add banner may also have these details. Sample pictures and a specs list from an eBay ad for this camera is attached below as a reference.

<EDIT 07/24/2012> The V2 #16 with video-out is now formally released, with three lenses... the normal 70 deg. one (Lens A), a slightly wider AOV "red" one (Lens B, with IR filter on the front) and a 120 deg. fisheye lens (Lens D). A side-by-side visual comparison of these lenses can be seen in this post link.<EDIT>
mike_o is online now Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:51 AM
United States, PA, Ringtown
Joined Sep 2007
6 Posts
Today flew my Mini Mag for the first time. I taught myself on a HZ Champ. The Mini Mag flew like a dream. Hand launch with 5 MPH winds, landing was a little shaky. Thanks for all the post.
hddce is offline Find More Posts by hddce
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Jul 2011
224 Posts
Congrats! This is a good plane for you to see what ailerons do for flight control.
Did you add them already?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:07 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,105 Posts
Adding nav lights to my minimag.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:22 PM
Never Fast Enough
Hamilton Ontario