HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2005, 01:26 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Discussion
MiniMag from Multiplex

My X-Mas present arrived just in time.

The MiniMag is the latest creation from the popular Elapor-Series from Multiplex and it looks like we have got another winner.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Mar 04, 2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Changed category - no longer a "New Product"
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2005, 01:33 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
What you see is what you get - plus a comprehensive instruction manual of course:
Old Dec 21, 2005, 01:55 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
For those who are interested in the weights of the components:

Fuselage (RH): 55.1g
Fuselage (LH): 55.4g
Canopy: 8.9g
Stab: 19.1g
Fin: 9.4g
Wing: 111.9g

Jürgen
Old Dec 21, 2005, 02:08 PM
South of Bavaria/Germany
Joined Dec 2005
23 Posts
Hi Jürgen,

hast Du einen speziellen Draht zu Multiplatsch oder wie kommst Du jetzt schon an dieses Teil?

Do you have a direct connection to MPX? I've seen the model in the last info from them, but it will be delivered in january.

Ernst
Avanti is offline Find More Posts by Avanti
Old Dec 21, 2005, 03:15 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avanti
Hi Jürgen,
Do you have a direct connection to MPX? I've seen the model in the last info from them, but it will be delivered in january.

Ernst
As the representative of the German Model Flying Association (DMFV) for Slow Flyers, I have of course also good contacts to German model manufacturers.

Jürgen
Old Dec 21, 2005, 03:41 PM
strawcuter
Winchester, KY
Joined Feb 2004
284 Posts
Jurgen, Merry Christmas. Do you have any idea when the plane will make it to the USA. I am working on a Magister but am concerned about my ability to fly it. I see the MiniMag as my way into flying ailieron models.

Bob
strawcuter is offline Find More Posts by strawcuter
Old Dec 21, 2005, 03:49 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawcuter
Jurgen, Merry Christmas. Do you have any idea when the plane will make it to the USA. I am working on a Magister but am concerned about my ability to fly it. I see the MiniMag as my way into flying ailieron models.

Bob
Hi Bob,

Sorry, but I have no idea when the first MinMags will be available in the USA.

What other models have you flown successfully so far?

Jürgen
Old Dec 21, 2005, 03:52 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
The name MiniMag might be misleading a bit. Despite being much smaller than the Magister, the MiniMag is still a decent sized model - see the MiniMag next to my EasyStar:
Old Dec 21, 2005, 06:02 PM
Whats going on Guys???
New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
86 Posts
WOW!!!
That looks cool I have been looking at a magister for my first ailieron plane but as I live in New Zealand I would need to have it shipped over and do not realy want to do that.And the magister is so large it would be hard to store it.
I wonder if and when these will get to New zealand.
Elite is offline Find More Posts by Elite
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:34 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
how it rates compared to...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi Bob,.............What other models have you flown successfully so far? Jürgen
Jurgen, I'd be interested (after you fly it, maybe) to know where it rates in "ease of flying" easier than, harder than, or in between the EZGlider and the EZStar, and maybe even the TwinStar. And I'm not holding you to scientific accountability, but hoping for general "impressions".

You are so lucky to very often be in the group of "firsts" to try these new things.

Regards,
LarryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:47 PM
Registered Foam Abuser
Stone Mountain
Joined Oct 2003
1,592 Posts
E-Starter Killer

Looks great. The new Twin Star hit the USA quickly so there is hope for this one. It's on my "List".
jiggiba is offline Find More Posts by jiggiba
Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:38 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
Jurgen, I'd be interested (after you fly it, maybe) to know where it rates in "ease of flying" easier than, harder than, or in between the EZGlider and the EZStar, and maybe even the TwinStar. And I'm not holding you to scientific accountability, but hoping for general "impressions".

You are so lucky to very often be in the group of "firsts" to try these new things.

Regards,
LarryR
Hi Larry,

The Easy Star is probably the best model for a beginner. As a second model he (or she ) had to chose between the Easy Glider or the Twin Star II. Both models are much bigger and need different batteries. For those who don't want to go the Easy Glider route, the new MiniMag might just be the right model. I hope to have the model ready for our clubs New Year Fly In.

Jürgen
Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:59 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
2nd step?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi Larry,
The Easy Star is probably the best model for a beginner. As a second model he (or she ) had to chose between the Easy Glider or the Twin Star II. Both models are much bigger and need different batteries. For those who don't want to go the Easy Glider route, the new MiniMag might just be the right model. I hope to have the model ready for our clubs New Year Fly In.
Jürgen
So, stated another way, start with EZStar............ and THEN have a good and kinda "equal" choice between EZGlider and Mini-Mag as the second plane??? Just trying to understand......... If I'm right, then one is on the list for ME, tooooooooooo.

Smiling,
LarryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:23 AM
Joined Mar 2004
5,237 Posts
Did you get a set of the floats? This plane is at the top of my list for 06.
rutat is offline Find More Posts by rutat
Old Dec 22, 2005, 08:59 AM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,603 Posts
Does anyone know what the wing area is for this plane? I'm trying to load some data into Motocalc.

John
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM