Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:58 PM
Joined Dec 2004
291 Posts
how can you compare it to a tensor? I can´t decide what to build....
Daniel Z is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:06 AM
Joined Oct 2004
499 Posts
Hi Daniel,

The Smove has a longer tail moment and draws smoother lines. One thing thats interesting about it is it will do flat turns with just about no aileron correction. The speed is more constant, Tensor doesnt have constant speed brakes. I guess it depends on your style of flying.

TreeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TreeFlyer
Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:14 AM
Joined Dec 2004
291 Posts
thanks! one more question; how about roll rate and correction needed?
Daniel Z is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Z
Old Dec 22, 2005, 09:14 AM
Joined Oct 2004
499 Posts
Hi Daniel,

I'm still playing around with the throws and cg. The cg actually isn't on the plans so guestimate it.The roll rate is actually kind of slow but the my throws are not giant. Probably a little more correction than the Tensor. The rudder is really effective, knife edge does not take much. Harrier rolls are pretty good. I did set my linkages for more precision than 3D. The epp in the nose is actually developing a twist from the torque.

Hope this helps!
Char
Old Dec 22, 2005, 05:20 PM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
Permanently deployed "airbrakes" on Martin Müller's TwinSai 2 for improved "constant speed flying".
Excellent idea. I will try them on my Zoom-Bi.
rob mueller is offline Find More Posts by rob mueller
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:52 PM
Suspended Account
Newmarket,Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2002
968 Posts
hey i think ive seen somthing that looks a LOT like that before! mine flies great too nice in every respect and fuse is a lot tougher than the X style and isnt much heavier!

mine is 456sq" wing area and is 8.2oz (with a cc25 and elecrton6 RX and hs55's so it could be a LITTLE lighter)

http://www.ededge.rchomepage.com/nov...s/100_0426.JPG

http://www.ededge.rchomepage.com/nov...s/100_0427.JPG

i did my first one about a year ago and have built several of them since because it is such a good flyer in any conditions. i also have the speed brakes although they are not on in those pictures.

ededge2002
ededge2002 is offline Find More Posts by ededge2002
Last edited by ededge2002; Dec 22, 2005 at 10:57 PM. Reason: ops!
Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:06 PM
Planet Jupiter
Joined Jan 2005
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ededge2002
hey i think ive seen somthing that looks a LOT like that before! mine flies great too nice in every respect and fuse is a lot tougher than the X style and isnt much heavier!

mine is 456sq" wing area and is 8.2oz (with a cc25 and elecrton6 RX and hs55's so it could be a LITTLE lighter)

http://www.ededge.rchomepage.com/nov...s/100_0426.JPG

http://www.ededge.rchomepage.com/nov...s/100_0427.JPG

i did my first one about a year ago and have built several of them since because it is such a good flyer in any conditions. i also have the speed brakes although they are not on in those pictures.

ededge2002

That is your design ed?
bamm is offline Find More Posts by bamm
Old Dec 23, 2005, 03:50 AM
Just south of Cambridge, UK
Joined Oct 2003
982 Posts
in europe, the indoor F3a syle of flying is BIG! the speed brakes smooth out all flying speeds keeping it constant in downlines. Big advantage when you need it to look presentable in a relativly small space.

Ian
edible_engine is offline Find More Posts by edible_engine
Old Dec 25, 2005, 05:12 AM
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Nov 2004
33 Posts
Hows it compare to the knuffel????
CR#SH3D is offline Find More Posts by CR#SH3D
Old Jan 02, 2006, 08:15 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
Hey Safford,

I'm thinking of building a Smove. It will be my 1st scratch built plane. Can you post a close-up of those control linkages? They look like CF joined by shrink tubing? How do you get the lengths correct, by sliding the CF in the tubing?

Bob
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old Jan 04, 2006, 12:09 AM
Joined Aug 2005
21 Posts
Here is my Smove.
gabriel s21 is offline Find More Posts by gabriel s21
Old Jan 04, 2006, 10:03 AM
Joined Oct 2004
499 Posts
Hi Bob,

The aileron carbon rods are easy. I glued in short pieces to act as horns and then on the link just adjust length by sliding it in the heat shrink and then shrinking. The pull-pull for elevator and rudder uses a lenth of carbon rod as a horn with a small piece of 6mm Depron to spread the load. The lines are some non-monofilament kevlar fishing line.
Last edited by TreeFlyer; Nov 06, 2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2006, 10:24 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safford
Hi Bob,

The aileron carbon rods are easy. I glued in short pieces to act as horns and then on the link just adjust length by sliding it in the heat shrink and then shrinking. The pull-pull for elevator and rudder uses a lenth of carbon rod as a horn with a small piece of 6mm Depron to spread the load. The lines are some non-monofilament kevlar fishing line.
Thanks. It looks really easy. Do you have any problems with the CF slipping during flight?

I ordered some depron foam and CF yesterday. Do you think that if I substituted depron for the epp in the nose area, that it would be strong enough?

Cool paint job by the way.

Bob
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old Jan 04, 2006, 12:46 PM
Joined Oct 2004
499 Posts
Hi Bob,

The shrink tubing seems to stay where you put it. This was the first time I tried the epp nose and its worth the effort. A couple of days before flying it I nosed in my F3A Shockflyer and it demolished the whole front end. With the epp on the Smove it has been way , way better as far as durability. You might be able to scavange some epp from computer packing or something similar. I just roughly cut it with one of those break off blade knives.

Char
Old Mar 16, 2007, 04:57 AM
Sweden
Sweden
Joined Nov 2005
26 Posts
Here is some pictures of my new smove.

Setup:
AXI 2204/54
Jeti 8
Dymond D47 servos