SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2005, 03:55 PM
USA, TX, Live Oak
Joined Oct 2002
684 Posts
IP Address banned - need an explanation from Admin

I hope someone in Admin can help me. The other day, I went to get on RCG at my home and I was presented with a banner that said: "IP address is banned" and I was unable to get onto RCG.

I have absolutely no idea why this action was taken against me! I have done nothing wrong to have my IP address banned! The only thing I can imagine is that this is the result of some computer problem at the server level. Another possibility is that a mistake was made when another persons IP address was banned and somehow the IP address number was incorrectly changed to my number.

I am using my brother's computer to log on to RCG. Would someone in admin please look into this problem and send me an email. Don't send a PM, because since I can't get onto RCG from my home, I have no way to recieve it! Send an email to glass@usa.com If you need the IP address that is in question, I can send it to you once I receive the email (as I said, I am using my brother's computer, so the IP address is not this one.)

This has been a very frustrating, irritating and unwarranted situation and I hope to get it resolved soon! Thanks in advance.

Patrick
ptglass is offline Find More Posts by ptglass
Last edited by ptglass; Dec 18, 2005 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Add more to title
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:47 AM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,427 Posts
I looked into it, your IP was banned because you happen to have a dynamic IP address in the IP range used by one infamous troll of the past. Looks like at one point you were automatically given an IP address which was used by that person and was consequently banned.
I cleared the IP ban now, it certainly wasn't aimed at you, sorry for the collateral damage!
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator