HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2002, 06:41 PM
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2001
2,811 Posts
NSP's ASW-28?

anyone have any knowledge of the 2 meter ASW-28 that NSP is selling? it looks nice, and seems like a good deal for $249.

i've never owned a scale sailplane before. how would the performance of a plane like this compare to a 60" racer like the nemesis? how's the roll rate? i'd like to be able to do basic aerobatics.

http://www.nesail.com/scale/asw28_2m.htm

cheers,
ben
Ben74 is offline Find More Posts by Ben74
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2002, 07:08 PM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
The comments on NSP's page are fairly true of any scale slope plane in that size range. It will never roll like a Nemesis 60" racer but it wasn't designed that way. You certainly can do lots of slope manuevers with it. Doing a slow roll across the face of a slope with a scale ship is far more impressive than doing flick rolls with a plane with three times the aileron area. Landings will be a little hotter since you will only have spoilerons so if you have a small LZ that could be a concern. The price sure seems right for an all hollow molded plane.
Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
Old Jun 03, 2002, 09:14 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,226 Posts
Yea, What Dave said!

You'll not get a scale ship to fly like a race plane. Another small scale plane that flies well is the 2 meter Fox that hobby lobby sells. It's quite fast and has reasonable roll rate for a scale plane. It too lands fairly fast and may not be a good choic if your slope has a small or rough landing area.

TFLG
TFLG is offline Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Jun 03, 2002, 09:28 PM
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2001
2,811 Posts
i'm not expecting a scale glider to fly like a racer. just wondering how big the differences are.

what about lift conditions? i would guess that despite the small wing area, this kind of glider should have a decent sink rate and be able to fly in relatively light lift?
Ben74 is offline Find More Posts by Ben74
Old Jun 04, 2002, 08:25 AM
Virginia
Joined Apr 2002
21 Posts
The Jantar (Icare) seems to be in this same line. $249 or $349 fully molded. Anyone flown this?

http://pages.infinit.net/icarerc/jantar.htm
tomtom is offline Find More Posts by tomtom
Old Jun 06, 2002, 12:41 PM
Hong Kong
Joined May 2002
85 Posts
I think you are taking about the same plane in this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=41768
brancoli is offline Find More Posts by brancoli