HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:27 AM
El Sobrante
Joined Nov 2005
12 Posts
helihobby.com

hey guys, i see alot of helihobby bashing going on in here, is it justified? i have made MANY purchases from heli hobby and have had no problems at all. they arnt the most knowledgeable people to deal with as far as compatibility or hybred questions, but they have always done there best to help. just wondering if it was a personal problem or actual service problem that is warrenting all the bashing
sgt_goldburg is offline Find More Posts by sgt_goldburg
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:35 AM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
I would hope people base their opinions on their own experiences. You seem to have had nothing but good experiences so I would personally run with that. The reason there are so many negatives posted about anybody or anything is because people tend to be more vocal about things that upset them. There's also the *jump on the bandwagon* effect.

I'm not saying the HH is a good thing or a bad thing but in the end it's your own experiences that matter.
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:43 AM
Joined Sep 2005
149 Posts
I have ordered probably 10 times from them and had only good experiences. Same with DeeTee and Modefos.
goteron is offline Find More Posts by goteron
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:45 AM
luc
I plant balsa sticks too
France
Joined Feb 2000
3,585 Posts
Anyway, that's not the appropriate forum to talk about it. Go to the vendor talk forum.
luc is offline Find More Posts by luc
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:47 AM
Illinois
Joined Apr 2005
1,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goteron
I have ordered probably 10 times from them and had only good experiences. Same with DeeTee and Modefos.

ive ordered 3 times from them,all times were met with problems,mainly there were items missing from my orders,and there poor costomer service.but thats just my opinion allot of peoople have had good dealings with them.luck of the draw i guess.
hihptsi is offline Find More Posts by hihptsi
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:51 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
I've never had a bad experience with them also. All oders are shipped same day or next, and I got them in the mail with no problem. But all the negative feedbacks kind of push me back on ordering expensive stuff from them. Their site is one of the great sites with lots of info about helis. Whenever I hear about a heli that I don't know, I go there for checking out the spec, & the price, etc.
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:56 AM
Joined Oct 2004
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
but in the end it's your own experiences that matter.

True in the END its your experience that matters but in the beginning its others that could matter more.
hogfarmer is offline Find More Posts by hogfarmer
Old Dec 18, 2005, 12:02 PM
Old new guy
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfarmer
True in the END its your experience that matters but in the beginning its others that could matter more.
The person asking the initial question says that he has made MANY purchases from them and all of them are good so far I believe, so this isn't the beginning for him.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 12:34 PM
Joined Oct 2004
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
The person asking the initial question says that he has made MANY purchases from them and all of them are good so far I believe, so this isn't the beginning for him.
I know... my point was more in general.

I like to hear the bad reviews, honestly reading through countless posts of people's good experiences would be boring.

Plus its very easy to get a bad wrap just from a few bad interactions, doesnt mean that 99% of the time your doing a great job though. That really shows that some of the vendors really try hard to work everything out becuase you never hear *anything* bad about them.

But yes to the original post, its good you can judge some vendor on your own merrit not all just on what you read. Wonder how much hh has lost becuase of the bad stuff you hear about them though?
Old Dec 18, 2005, 12:34 PM
Kings Park, New York
Joined Jan 2005
1,241 Posts
I too have been surprised with the number of negative comments I've seen about heli hobby. I've ordered no less than 25 times from them over the past year, with many large and complex orders, and with only positive results. Only once was something missing (one of the blades from a Blade CP carbon set had apparently fallen out of the bag). I called, and they sent a new set, no questions. I can heartily recommend Heli hobby to anyone. That being said, I agree with TheX, that no supplier is perfect, and some will have a negative experiences.
kenmalecki is offline Find More Posts by kenmalecki
Old Dec 18, 2005, 12:38 PM
Joined Oct 2004
765 Posts
For the record I've ordered one thing from HH and had no problems. But the only reason I ordered was because I couldnt find the part anywhere else. Normally I use ellerc becuase its 1 day away shipping and I've had 10+ good experiences with them.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 12:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
For me the essence of a good hobby shop is how they deal with it when something goes wrong! . helihobby is for suckers, i know i,ve been there!, its all good till it goes bad and then you realise it wasnt worth it, keep buying from there but take a look at all the bad reports and then dont say you werent warned, been there done that.
Helihobby ! where dreams come true.
Any company that doesnt respond to the better business bureau when it has complaints about it doesnt deserve the credit of "telling my friends" no matter how lucky i got when i bought my stuff from there.
Ps walkera choppers are the best choppers in my opinion,i had one and it flew fine.
My advice if you break down and order from them is to get email comformation all your parts are in stock before you pay for them,not that it ever stopped them from screwing up after that but it may help someone.
I have has potentially bad experiences form fx and modefo,s but there were all handled proffesionally and promptly,how can i complain?.
will p3 is offline Find More Posts by will p3
Last edited by Snott; Dec 18, 2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 01:14 PM
But Honey..It was only $$
United States, WA, Blaine
Joined Dec 2004
1,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yareeebareeeba
For me the essence of a good hobby shop is how they deal with it when something goes wrong! . helihobby is for suckers, i know i,ve been there!, its all good till it goes bad and then you realise it wasnt worth it, keep buying from there but take a look at all the bad reports and then dont say you werent warned, been there done that.
Helihobby ! where dreams come true.
Any company that doesnt respond to the better business bureau when it has complaints about it doesnt deserve the credit of "telling my friends" no matter how lucky i got when i bought my stuff from there.
Ps walkera choppers are the best choppers in my opinion,i had one and it flew fine.
My advice if you break down and order from them is to get email comformation all your parts are in stock before you pay for them,not that it ever stopped them from screwing up after that but it may help someone.
I have has potentially bad experiences form fx and modefo,s but there were all handled proffesionally and promptly,how can i complain?.

Now THAT'S what I call a rant
kookboy is offline Find More Posts by kookboy
Old Dec 18, 2005, 01:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
>>Now THAT'S what I call a rant <<

Thats what i call 'trolling" the thread is about helihobby i am describing my experience as best and honest as i can.
Have you got a problem with that? or do you just want the glitter?.
will p3 is offline Find More Posts by will p3
Old Dec 18, 2005, 01:20 PM
Old new guy
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
yareeebareeeba, *winks*, they have a total of 3 complaints that went unanswered in who knows how many transactions over the years. 3 is NOTHING!!!!!!!

There are valid complaints but that really isn't one to base an entire opinion on.