SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2005, 02:40 PM
Joined Nov 2005
19 Posts
Cool
Infrared IR Receiver for Serial Port

Hi There,
My name is Cristal. I created a IR Receiver to work with Serial Port.i got the IR Receiver working. I could see numbers when i press Raw Codes. But when I'm doing the Learn Remote part. I can go up to the place where it ask me to enter the button 1 name. I did enter the Name of the button and hit enter and Then it says "Please press and hold down the '1' button until told to stop." I did Press the button but i get error saying "Stop. Failed to get a consistent initial signal. Please try again. You will probably get better results if you increase the margin of error for this remote." I also tried increasing the Margin but still same error. I don't konw what the problem is. Please help me..

Regards,
Cristal_4_u
cristal_4_u is offline Find More Posts by cristal_4_u
Last edited by cristal_4_u; Dec 29, 2005 at 10:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2005, 06:05 PM
Joined Nov 2005
19 Posts
Infrared IR Receiver for Serial Port

AnyBody out there to help me out with this problem.?
Old Dec 20, 2005, 08:59 AM
Master of 1 point landing
Naperville, IL
Joined Jul 2005
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristal_4_u
Hi There,
My name is Cristal. I created a IR Receiver to work with Serial Port using WinLirc. I followed all the instruction from http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc/ . Now i got the IR Receiver working. I could see numbers when i press Raw Codes. But when I'm doing the Learn Remote part. I can go up to the place where it ask me to enter the button 1 name. I did enter the Name of the button and hit enter and Then it says "Please press and hold down the '1' button until told to stop." I did Press the button but i get error saying "Stop. Failed to get a consistent initial signal. Please try again. You will probably get better results if you increase the margin of error for this remote." I also tried increasing the Margin but still same error. I don't konw what the problem is. Please help me..

Regards,
Cristal_4_u
The receiver is not filtering the signal, hence the issue. Google 'Girder' (IR Remote control prog) and look in the forums for better designs. Also you can purchase a IR receiver for about $15US.
ImaBiggles is offline Find More Posts by ImaBiggles
Old Dec 20, 2005, 01:30 PM
Joined Nov 2005
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBiggles
The receiver is not filtering the signal, hence the issue. Google 'Girder' (IR Remote control prog) and look in the forums for better designs. Also you can purchase a IR receiver for about $15US.

Hi Dear. Thank you for replying me. I did look into the program Girder. but it the same thing. its not detecting the remote. I dont know why its not Detecting the Remote.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 08:50 AM
Master of 1 point landing
Naperville, IL
Joined Jul 2005
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristal_4_u
Hi Dear. Thank you for replying me. I did look into the program Girder. but it the same thing. its not detecting the remote. I dont know why its not Detecting the Remote.
Its not the program, its the receiver. the simple receiver with a couple of resistors and photodiode does not work too well. Girder forum has links to better plans, also one can be purchased for $15 or so. Good luck.
ImaBiggles is offline Find More Posts by ImaBiggles
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:30 AM
Tacoma,WA
Joined Jan 2005
46 Posts
Try a different remote- the simple IR circuit works for some remotes but not for the more complex ones. Try an old VCR remote or something.
siberia37 is offline Find More Posts by siberia37