HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2002, 01:41 PM
United States, FL, Starke
Joined Apr 2002
2,259 Posts
E-Sailplanes at SEFF

Any other e-Sailplane TD fanatics going to SEFF? Care to say what you're bringing?

I'm hoping to have a K2 LMR, Omega 2M E, Koleos E, Nike and a Zagi (hey, I need some little toy to mess around with now and then, don't I? )

dd.
Doc Data is offline Find More Posts by Doc Data
Last edited by Doc Data; Jun 05, 2002 at 02:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2002, 06:18 PM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
I'll be coming out from Phoenix with Aero-Model. As for electro gliders, LMR and F5J type planes, we're bringing a Nimbus 4, Ellipse 4, Graphite Electric, Silent Dream 2.8 and a Bandit. We're also packin' the usual sport planes and surprizes.
Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
Old Jun 03, 2002, 08:01 PM
Gettin back into it!!
KY
Joined Apr 2002
489 Posts
Doc Data,

What is the skinny on this SEFF? Thanks
Giovanni Day is offline Find More Posts by Giovanni Day
Old Jun 03, 2002, 08:10 PM
Joined Apr 2002
2,259 Posts
Check out http://koolflightsystems.com/seff.htm

dd.
Old Jun 03, 2002, 08:37 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
If I bring any sailplanes, it'll be the Filip, Sirius and perhaps the Falcon if I get it back together by then.
I'll probably bring different models each day, to keep the load light (and have something to fly each day!)..

..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jun 05, 2002, 02:36 PM
Joined Apr 2002
2,259 Posts
Hmmm....

From the lack of responses and even your qualified response, Andy (as in 'if I bring'), I can see why there was no need to set aside a seperate area for sailplanes... I might be there by myself or possibly with 2 other guys once in a while.

Well, I'll bring my squadron and fly whatever I'm so move to fly given whatever conditions I find there.

Maybe seeing some larger sized sailplanes flown there will encourage others into that part of the sport/hobby?

dd.
Old Jun 05, 2002, 04:14 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2001
81 Posts
Sailplanes at SEFF

We have a large Upper Field that we use for sailplanes and anything requiring a high start or winch. It might be a good place for larger sailplanes since the fence is a little close to the runway if you have a plane with a large wingspan, say anything over a 3 meter.
N6UBO is offline Find More Posts by N6UBO
Old Jun 05, 2002, 04:17 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
We have a very, very active e-sailplane group @ Fayette - have a LES program, host the King Peach annual NATS warmup event, and there are many NATS competitors (and some winners) in the club.. Many of them, however, just don't 'ezone'..
..a
Old Jun 05, 2002, 04:26 PM
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,361 Posts
Hope to bring the Grob

Just got the MPJet and Graupner folder, finishing the new (longer) cowl, so if I scramble, I'll bring my Grob109. Only thing is it's the first build, and the gear is short, so I'll probably have to hand launch......
FANMAN is online now Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old Jun 05, 2002, 07:15 PM
Joined Apr 2002
2,259 Posts
Andy,
Anyone of the non-Zoners planning winch launching on these days? I could bring my Addiction (both the plane and the mental/physical condition!)

dd.
Old Jun 06, 2002, 05:53 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I only know the e-powered folks, not the winchers..
So I couldn't say.. perhaps Ernie or Jeff, who check in here, could answer that..
..a
Old Jun 06, 2002, 08:00 AM
Roxboro, NC U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2000
714 Posts
I would like to see some of these planes fly. Have yet to see a F5B or hotliner fly. Looking forward to seeing that.
Mike C is offline Find More Posts by Mike C
Old Jun 06, 2002, 10:16 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2001
81 Posts
Winch

I will check with one or two of the fellas who have winches and are going to attend and let you know in a couple of days.
N6UBO is offline Find More Posts by N6UBO
Old Jun 06, 2002, 10:18 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike C
I would like to see some of these planes fly. Have yet to see a F5B or hotliner fly. Looking forward to seeing that.
Oh great.. get there early.. I don't plan on flying once the field gets busy - these things need a LOT of room..
..a
Old Jun 06, 2002, 12:16 PM
Joined Apr 2002
2,259 Posts
Speaking of hotliners

Ok, for some reason I bought the Nike at a good price and have it ready to fly with a Kontronik 501 system and 14x9.5 prop. The only problem I now have is I'm not sure I want to.

I've flow a few continuous power prop planes and enjoy messing around with a Zagi but there's no significant $'s involved there. I have to admit, that the prop planes don't hold all that much interest and they become boring (to me) quickly. I am true TD addict.

So, now, here I am with $600 tied up in a plane that, on the surface, seems little more than an expensive version of those planes I described above. Given there are no F5B courses where I am and no interest in such in my club or area, what else do you use a hotliner for (other than running into towers...tic )?

I'm at a point that I am considering selling it while I'm at SEFF but have not reached that decision yet.

So, tell me everyone, how and/or why do you fly a hotliner?

Thanks,
dd