SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2005, 02:35 PM
Ellsworht,MI
Joined Oct 2002
26 Posts
Help with CVS camcorder hack

I have the camcorder ready with USB connector soldered to the PCB, using Pins 6 for +5 and pin 7 for ground, Pin 8 for the USB data and pin 9 for the USB data, and I have downloaded the programs to do the hacking.

When do I apply the bat. voltage to the resistor near SW2 on powering up the camera? Is this done before the camera is connected to the USB port on the computer.

Do the batteries have to be removed from the camera before connecting to the computer.

When I get positive results after touching the bat to the resistor, is this a one time event, just power the camera down and connect to the computer.
Jim Maine is offline Find More Posts by Jim Maine
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2005, 05:23 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Nashville Metro, Tennesse, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,646 Posts
Jim,
You need to go to http://camerahacks.10.forumer.com/ and go to the "How to section". You'll get all the details on how to do it right. You need to first do a nerve pinch and find out which version you have.,i.e., press the start button while holding down the record and delete key. Once it starts release the start button until you see the startup screen. Then you can release the other two buttons and it will give you the version number, like 3.70 or 3.40. If you have 3.70 you have to do the short trick which is discussed in detail on that forum. Hope this helps, if you need additional help you may pm me. Good luck!

Gary
Gary Morris is online now Find More Posts by Gary Morris
Old Dec 14, 2005, 11:40 PM
CGaudin
Orlando, Florida
Joined Aug 2004
69 Posts
like the guy said, go to the forum and read the threads. Once the resistor is shorted successfully, you can put the case back on. The initialization file is corrupted and the key cannot load into memory. This is a permanent hack. It took me about 15 to 20 times to get the timing just right. The trick is to touch the resistor an instant just before the beep as the camera turns on. You will know when you've succeeded when the TIME LEFT and VIDEOS SAVED words at the bottom of the screen do not appear when the screen comes on. All you need to do then is open OPS 1.x then hook up the cam to the usb and the computer will automatically detect the camera, provided you downloaded the programs successfully, OPEN CAMCORDER is the first button you will hit in OPS, UNLOCK is the second. I got 5 of these little cams for the kids and nephews as stocking stuffers this year. They work pretty good for the price!!!
cgaudin1 is offline Find More Posts by cgaudin1
Old Dec 17, 2005, 01:53 PM
Suspended Account
New York City
Joined May 2005
698 Posts
I went to my local CVS and they have the CVS cameras but they are black.. I didn't get them because I think CVS had these black ones ready so that once the white ones are hacked the black ones replace them... Is this true?
Silent is offline Find More Posts by Silent
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:24 AM
Ellsworht,MI
Joined Oct 2002
26 Posts
Silent

I do not know about the black CVS camcorders. I used the light gray one works fine now.

Jim
Jim Maine is offline Find More Posts by Jim Maine