Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:48 AM
More props are better than One
United States, AL, Sumiton
Joined Nov 2004
2,155 Posts
Yippee!
Ritewing "TL 50" Build pics, Maiden and 3 Videos post #57 Newest

NOTE:Latest Video in Post #57 Other Videos in post #27 And post #32
I got a New Ritewing TL 50 a few weeks back and I got it finished last week.
I also got to do my maiden today.

This wing ROCKS It flys like nothing I have flown before.
Wind don't even bother it at all. Tracks straight and flys smooth.

Sorry my video is not that great, I had to use a 5mp camera for my video
I didn't have a video camera to use.
Also the person doing my video had a hard time shooting it.
So he stopped after a short video , he just couldn't keep it in the frame.
Here is my maiden I did today of the TL 50 Maiden

But maybe you can get an idea how it flys. Also you can hear how windy it was in the video.

Later Tas....

All 3 models Demon 40 ,TL 40 and my TL 50 can be found Here @ BMKDesigns And also @ Dynamo Electrics
Setup: JustGoFly 450TH 3000kv coverted to 1700kv
TP 3s2p 2100mAh
7x5e apc prop

Total weight is 2lbs 12oz
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; Mar 01, 2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: New Video Post #57
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2005, 01:47 AM
Registered Lipo Abuser
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Sep 2005
628 Posts
How many amps are you drawing and what kind of flight times are you getting? Thanks

Taylor
Taylor Mullin is offline Find More Posts by Taylor Mullin
Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:07 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,155 Posts
I am pulling a little over 30amps static, which it may be a little lower in flight.
I am using TP 2100mAh Pro Lites 3s2p

It was my first flight today so I didn't run it to long wanted to land to check the Motor, ESC and battery temp.
Later this week I should have a clue what my flight times will be.
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; Dec 11, 2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 09:02 AM
Joined Aug 2003
313 Posts
Very nice looking wing. I like the white/purple stripe effects on the wing panels. Very sharp. Glad to see some outrunners are being used on wings now. Those justgofly motors are powerful. -N_G
Nutty_gnome is offline Find More Posts by Nutty_gnome
Old Dec 11, 2005, 09:07 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty_gnome
Very nice looking wing. I like the white/purple stripe effects on the wing panels. Very sharp. Glad to see some outrunners are being used on wings now. Those justgofly motors are powerful. -N_G
Thanks ...... I hope to try out the speed bell 3000kv sometime this week to see how it goes. The only thing is it will have a lot less thrust so it will be a little harder to launch. I will be using a little smaller prop turn higher RPMs.

Later Tas....
Old Dec 11, 2005, 05:27 PM
Alabama
Joined Oct 2004
8 Posts
I got to see this thing fly today. While exiting off the interstate I could see it screaming thru the air. It is very fast and stable, wish my eyes were fast enough to fly it <G> Great job on the wing
HUNT is offline Find More Posts by HUNT
Old Dec 11, 2005, 06:07 PM
The Original Slacker
Bristol, TN
Joined Apr 2005
768 Posts
Just witnessed a TL40 today and that thing was CRAZY fast!

Hummmmm, I thinking I like the larger wings in genral, maybe I should think about a TL50 instead of the 40".

Great video and the covering is beautiful! I wish I had the equipment and skill to do the Ultracote/Monocote covering thing. Still a bit intemidated by it...

-Dave
Pezzer is offline Find More Posts by Pezzer
Old Dec 11, 2005, 06:15 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNT
I got to see this thing fly today. While exiting off the interstate I could see it screaming thru the air. It is very fast and stable, wish my eyes were fast enough to fly it <G> Great job on the wing
Thanks..... These wings being able to go so fast is why I got the TL 50. It can slow down more than the TL 40 Or Demon 40. I also use a slower kv bell on my motor for now till i get some more flight time in. Even though, mine still will go 70+ mph as it is.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 06:20 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezzer
Just witnessed a TL40 today and that thing was CRAZY fast!

Hummmmm, I thinking I like the larger wings in genral, maybe I should think about a TL50 instead of the 40".

Great video and the covering is beautiful! I wish I had the equipment and skill to do the Ultracote/Monocote covering thing. Still a bit intemidated by it...

-Dave
Thanks Dave.... Maybe this week I can get a better video I hope.

Dave that is why I got the TL 50, I have only been flying a year so I didn't need something way past my skill level.

As far the MonoKote this is only my second plane to have ever covered. It really not to hard on a wing, but it is a lot different on a balsa built up type plane.

The graphics were done by a friend that has a vinyl cutter. All I had to do was place them on right....

Later Tas....
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; Dec 11, 2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 06:35 PM
The Original Slacker
Bristol, TN
Joined Apr 2005
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa
As far the MonoKote this is only my second plane to have ever covered. It really not to hard on a wing, but it is a lot different on a balsa built up type plane.

The graphics were done by a friend that has a vinyl cutter. All I had to do was place them on right....

Later Tas....
I am, so far at least, an EPP only guy so I have never done any sort of normal covering or balsa building. Just fiber tape and colored packing tape for covering. Cheap and easy for the combat wings we like to fly. However the Chris Klick (klique) building video is amazing. Did you use his 'secret' technique for your TL50?

-Dave
Pezzer is offline Find More Posts by Pezzer
Old Dec 11, 2005, 07:46 PM
Registered Lipo Abuser
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Sep 2005
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa
I am pulling a little over 30amps static, which it may be a little lower in flight.
I am using TP 2100mAh Pro Lites 3s2p

It was my first flight today so I didn't run it to long wanted to land to check the Motor, ESC and batter temp.
Later this week I should have a clue what my flight times will be.
Thanks. I am going to get a TL50 and use 2 TP 2100 3s prolites and am trying to get them to fit without adding lead. I will use a mega 4 turn, so it will have to cut up really deep like yours, and not have the motor stick out the back.

Taylor
Old Dec 11, 2005, 07:47 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezzer
However the Chris Klick (klique) building video is amazing. Did you use his 'secret' technique for your TL50?
-Dave
Yeah I got the video... His build technique makes this wing super stiff... and no wing flutter where other wings would be fluttering.

The video is well worth it to see how it is done. I can see where I can use this technique on other planes.
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; Dec 11, 2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:01 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Mullin
Thanks. I am going to get a TL50 and use 2 TP 2100 3s prolites and am trying to get them to fit without adding lead. I will use a mega 4 turn, so it will have to cut up really deep like yours, and not have the motor stick out the back.

Taylor
You will like the TL 50 it tracks so well once you get it all dialed in. It don't even notice wind when you fly.

It may be tuff to get it without using weight. My motor only weighs 55grams or right at 2oz's(1.94oz) The batteries are about 10oz's. So I ended up using 3oz's of weight to balance at 8 3/4" from nose.

The Mega 16/15/4 Brushless Motor weighs about 76 grams or 2.7oz's (2.68oz)

Just try to get the servos as close up front as you can.
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; Dec 11, 2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:12 PM
Registered Lipo Abuser
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Sep 2005
628 Posts
I was considering using standard servos instead of 225's for the extra weight, but I don't think they will fit. How much do your elevons weigh? I was thinking If you could lighten them, they wouldn't have to be counter-balanced. I talked to ck about about a wing two months ago because I wanted something foaty and fast, and he said the 50 is best. I would like to keep all excess weight out. Thanks.

Taylor
Old Dec 11, 2005, 08:52 PM
ImNotAPilotIJustPlay1onTV
Reno, NV
Joined Feb 2003
781 Posts
Taylor, trust me, you need the noseweight.

Go with standard servos. they will fit (as long as you don't put them TOO far forward), but get them ahead of the CG as far as possible.
karakoram is offline Find More Posts by karakoram