HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2005, 03:22 PM
Manassas, VA
Joined Dec 2005
489 Posts
Winch plans from Laser Arts

Has anyone built a winch using the Laser Arts plans? I ordered these plans and have not received them yet. I was wondering though about the expense and difficulty of building one. I will have to have some parts made because I don't have a lathe. Or purchase those parts.
A friend has a welder and will do any welding needed.
If anyone has any information and/or experience with this, I would appreciate a response. I have very little experience winch launching so will use an "expendible" model.
balsaaddict is offline Find More Posts by balsaaddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:29 AM
LSF V,LSF Secretary,AMA Lifer
Huntsville
Joined Oct 2003
2,077 Posts
Where are you located? You need to go visit a local club that is using winches if you can.
Robglover is offline Find More Posts by Robglover
Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:31 PM
Petoskey, Michigan 49770
Joined Aug 2001
66 Posts
We found that it was big help to have one fellow let go of the model while you fly. Short taps on the pedal should let you launch any model. It is a bit like walking and chewing gum, once you get used to it it is easy, but untill then it can sometimes be tough to rember to tapp/tapp the pedel if you begin to concentrate on the flying...
MikeBanyai is offline Find More Posts by MikeBanyai