HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2005, 10:18 PM
DCS
NorCal
Joined Nov 2003
426 Posts
SF Bay Area PSS Support Group

Greetings.

If you're bulding/flying PSS in the SF Bay Area, please PM me. I'd like to put together a PSS group to help me through my first few builds and. . .to fly with, too!

I can offer TIG welding, minor machine work and bluegrass mandolin in exchange!

Thanks in advance.

Ciao.
DCS is offline Find More Posts by DCS
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2005, 10:52 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
Don't forget that there's plenty of SoCal & nationwide PSS fanatics who read & post to these boards, too. Post your questions here with photos and I'm sure you'll get all the help you could ever hope for. There's a LOT of combined years of experience available here... use it! I do all the time, it's the best thing ever about RCGroups.

(Yes even better than Ripping the Bring... a lot better!!)

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2005, 10:54 PM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,024 Posts
I can offer graphic design, meditation instruction, and steel string guitar.

Seriously, David, there are plenty of folks who can help - and isn't necessary that they live in the Bay Area!

And once you get a plane together we'll hit the local slopes for some formation flying.
Reed is offline Find More Posts by Reed
Old Dec 09, 2005, 11:12 PM
DCS
NorCal
Joined Nov 2003
426 Posts
Locals Rule!

Greetings.

First, thanks for the speedy replies.

Next, I'm already knee-deep in mining the collective wisdom of the West Coast PSS community. A 45 minute+ telephone convo with TwinBoom last night is testament to my efforts to reach out to our SoCal bros.

However, it's always nice to know your neighbors, you dig? So. . .if you're in the 415, 408, 510 or 925 lemmy hear from you!

Reed, InfoPimp is a picker, too. We should get togther for a slope-in/jam session.

Back to the mandolin woodshed - gotta master this dang Trailer Park Rangers CD!

Ciao.
Old Dec 09, 2005, 11:24 PM
Feeling FrSky
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
Dude, between the three of you, you should start recording soundtracks for sloping movies--that'd be sweet!

Steve
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2005, 01:47 AM
Int'l Slope Observer
Fremont, CA
Joined Oct 2001
1,887 Posts
I Dig

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stark
However, it's always nice to know your neighbors, you dig? So. . .if you're in the 415, 408, 510 or 925 lemmy hear from you!
Dave, you left out the 650

Actually, I'm not complaining cuz I'm in the 510 -- you represented

Steve, I think Dave's trying to get a loosely-confederated quasi version of the ISR together -- a bunch of SF Bay Area PSSers that he can rouse to meet for fly-ins, meet at his house for built nights with free beer (cheers Dave ), etc...

Everyone knows that you can't beat the expertise we've all benefitted from in the SoCal Slope Community. It's just harder to meet up with you guys each weekend

I'm still waiting to see that cool Psion Slope Wagon motor into the East Bay -- come and visit the 510 some time soon, Steve. And while you're at it, don't forget the Weasel

DAVE: I have one PSSer -- my DAW Ki-61 Kawafoamie. Also, I can tell you what NOT to do based on my ill-fated Avro Vulcan build thread. Can I join the club?

Happy Flying ;-)

John
webguyjv is offline Find More Posts by webguyjv
Old Dec 10, 2005, 03:16 AM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stark

Reed, InfoPimp is a picker, too. We should get togther for a slope-in/jam session.

Back to the mandolin woodshed - gotta master this dang Trailer Park Rangers CD!

Ciao.
Here's a little fingerpicking piece I wrote that we could use for a slope vid someday...
http://www.bigraft.com/downangels_files/hillanddale.mp3
Old Dec 10, 2005, 03:19 AM
Feeling FrSky
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed
Here's a little fingerpicking piece I wrote that we could use for a slope vid someday...
http://www.bigraft.com/downangels_files/hillanddale.mp3
Dang, that's nice! I was expecting Dueling Banjos but that's really nice.

I am envisioning a large-ish scale glider at sunset...

Steve
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2005, 03:58 AM
Slopeaholic
Roseville, California, United States
Joined Mar 2001
3,098 Posts
Now we just need someone with a big enough garage and a kegerator!! My "current" PSS homebrew has been "in progress" of over a year at least. I have my future lost foam fuse "rough shaped"!!! It sure takes up a lot of space.
Hutch is offline Find More Posts by Hutch
Old Dec 10, 2005, 09:49 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Oct 2003
661 Posts
I was a reasonable Bluegrass banjo player way back, but I sold my Gibson Mastertone banjo last year to buy a moldy, and just sold a half built F style mandolin to raise some more sailplane money. Guess I'm not gonna be allowed in this club!
hbielich is offline Find More Posts by hbielich
Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:12 AM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbielich
I was a reasonable Bluegrass banjo player way back, but I sold my Gibson Mastertone banjo last year to buy a moldy, and just sold a half built F style mandolin to raise some more sailplane money. Guess I'm not gonna be allowed in this club!
Sold musical instruments for sailplanes? You are soooo in this club, dude.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:50 AM
DCS
NorCal
Joined Nov 2003
426 Posts
Greetings.

Johh, looks like you're reading my mind. . .again! Yep, I'm all about putting together little communities of like-minded folks. Methinks having a support group (AKA peer pressure) will help jump start some projects we either have in our heads or in our workshops. My other motivation is to get some technical assistance with my first core cutting and bagging projects. I'm not afraid of composite fabrication - and have done a fair share of vintage motorbike-related stuff - but it's always nice to have someone looking over your shoulder the first time you try something new. Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting an area code. Thanks for the tip on the 650. BTW - in the short time I've been back to RC your's is the only PSS ship I've seen in this area. Hummm. . .

SurfImp: Bill Monroe is gonna turn over in his grave when I say this, but what the heck. . .there's more to acoustic music than bluegrass. There, I said it, bring on the flames!

Hutch: For special projects I can make the PartyGarage available. Following minor negotiations with She Who Must Be Negotiated With I can probably clear half of the shop (the half her car takes up!) for a short time.

Hbeilich: I'm with Reed on your membership. Especially since you sold a BANJO! However, I can't forgive you for selling a home-made mando. Tragedy.

Reed: Nice work, my man! I can hear a Chris Theile-ish mando solo over those changes. Hey, if the wind continues to NOT blow at Del Valle I may have to invite myself over and bring InfoPimp with me. Look out!

All: Where are you flying this weekend? The Super Scoot, while now post-maiden, really hasn't been properly wrung out yet. Lemmy know.

Ciao.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 03:03 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Jun 2003
246 Posts
planes my wife

Here's some planes she knows about. But I'm running out of hiding spots in the garage.

Heading out to the dump...
MLem is offline Find More Posts by MLem
Old Dec 11, 2005, 01:24 AM
PNF
Los Gatos, CA
Joined May 2005
4,422 Posts
David: I'm gonna get the ACP full bagging setup. Wanna share the damage?
infopimp is offline Find More Posts by infopimp
Old Dec 11, 2005, 01:28 AM
more casual than stylish....
Joined Jan 2003
6,953 Posts
Mlem-
where do you fly? Nice planes...
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno