Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 06, 2005, 04:49 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,491 Posts
It was 25 years ago today (actually Dec 8, 1980)

The radio, television, newspaper and magazine specials are starting to come out.

I'll admit it it; I really miss John Lennon and wish he was still making music.
Michael in Toronto is online now Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Dec 06, 2005, 04:55 PM
Hey ya'll, watch this!
Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Joined Jun 2005
179 Posts
well, that is a long time ago
But i dont really care that much because i wasnt even born
War Bird 22 is offline Find More Posts by War Bird 22
Old Dec 06, 2005, 05:02 PM
United States, MS, Amory
Joined Oct 2004
1,412 Posts
Never did like his stuff.

No one should die like that though.

I remember I was in my drafting class in High school when I heard it on the radio.
mtnmnstr is offline Find More Posts by mtnmnstr
Old Dec 06, 2005, 05:07 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmnstr
Never did like his stuff.

No one should die like that though.

I remember I was in my drafting class in High school when I heard it on the radio.
That's exactly where I was when I heard the news....vocational drafting class.

I remember thinking the same thing. I didn't particularly care for him, but that's not the way to go.

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; Dec 07, 2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2005, 05:26 PM
Suspended Account
kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
577 Posts
I was watching a football game...Howard Cosell announced that he had been shot...

Quote:
I'll admit it it; I really miss John Lennon and wish he was still making music.
The world lost a genius of the spirit.
badaltitude is offline Find More Posts by badaltitude
Old Dec 06, 2005, 05:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
Im more of a Mcartney fan myself..becuase I like his melodies/songwriting style better..anyways..I think for me.,,the reason it was so sad was because it also meant the Beatles were now locked in time for ever..with no chance of them ever reforming...which IMO..was a good possibiltiy of them recording together again ...in fact I had seen interviews with Mcartney...saying how him and John were actually becoming friendly again..talking on the phone without arguing..as long as they didnt bring up business/ and former contractual agreements between the Beatles
rumme is offline Find More Posts by rumme
Old Dec 06, 2005, 05:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
Irionically..I never liked Lennons solo stuff at all,,that is until he released Double Fantasy in 1980...those songs displayed his songwriting talents that IMO had been hidden since he broke up with the Beatlesof course half of the album is Yoko Onos compositions with her garbage shrieking..but his half of the album is pure genius...
Old Dec 06, 2005, 06:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
when Lennon went to record that last album..he inquired about getting a band/studio musicians to back him up..for studio recording {since he didnt have a band and had been out of the music scene totally for years} ..and the majority of the music insiders who he spoke to told him flat ouit that he wasnt really considered a assured songwriter in the industry anymore..and they thought his album/songs would be a total bust since the market/industry had changed so much since his last album..
Old Dec 06, 2005, 06:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
one things for sure..if Lennon was around today..he would HATE George Bush..and would definitely let it be known..lol...
Old Dec 06, 2005, 06:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2004
2,020 Posts
I believe the most valuable album in the world may be the one that Lennons blood was on which was Double Fnatasy.,,which is when he was shot by Chapman,,the record/album cover was actuallly used as evidence in court..but was given back to the person who found it near the crime scene..no doubt about the value of that..it was the last album made by leenon..and the last thing he ever held in his hand..and it also has his blood on it....there was a show on about 2 weeks ago..it was an hr long special on Chapman...and his motives for doing what he did..which was based mostly on the fact that Chapmna wanted to be famous...
Old Dec 07, 2005, 10:30 AM
supreme being of leisure
Tel Aviv, Israel
Joined Jul 2004
2,196 Posts
rumme, consecutive posts in LTUP doesn't up your post count.... why not just edit??

dave (whose middle name is julian after lennon's son)
ZAGNUT is offline Find More Posts by ZAGNUT
Old Dec 07, 2005, 12:03 PM
Joined Jul 2004
161 Posts
"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left

behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and Peace are eternal."

John Lennon
partoftheproblem is offline Find More Posts by partoftheproblem
Old Dec 07, 2005, 12:20 PM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,689 Posts
McCartney is a lightweight: A purveyor of pretty love songs and ditties.
Lennon was a heavyweight political and social thinker and performer.

You may not always like what he had to say, or the way in which he said it, but I am deeply grateful that he did say it.
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Dec 07, 2005, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
I only like his stuff he wrote when he was doing LSD or some other good drug…the rest was just too corporate sounding for me…but I guess ever one has to eat
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
Old Dec 07, 2005, 12:46 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,430 Posts
I mostly like McCartney better than Lennon. Political songs have never been a favorite of mine. That said, I'll admit to singing of few of Lennon's songs in the shower.....once or twice

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz