HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2002, 10:09 AM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
FVK Graphite E

Ok, I have done all the searches I can think of and have found very little on this plane. I have one coming from Aero model next week and would sure appreciate hearing from anyone who is flying or has flown one. Your set up, antenna placement, any problems or modifications.

Really appreciate any input
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2002, 10:36 AM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
I have the fully molded version. JR 241'2 in the tail, HS-85's in the ailerons, and HS-85MG in the flaps. Hitec Slim 8 RX, 4 cell 600AE's for the servos. I fly it with either a 7 cell CP-2400 or a 10 cell CP-1700. The ad on Aero-Models web site from last summer's AMA Nationals has all the aditional info about the motor system I use. I ran the antenna inside the tailboom and have not had any issues but every set up can be different. Several guys in town have the full built up versions and while they are lighter I still prefer the molded version for durability and I like the MH-32 at the higher wing loading. Mine weighs 83 oz with the 7 cell and 85 with the 10 cell. Have fun!

Molded Graphite

Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
Old May 31, 2002, 04:59 PM
Rich
USA, SC, Lexington
Joined Sep 2001
1,134 Posts
Graphite

Thanks Dave,
I was particularly concerned with the antenna location in the tail boom with the carbon/kevlar make up.
I will be using the same servo setup as you describe.
'Less I am mistaken you test fly some for Sean.

Thanks again

Mac
flycracker is offline Find More Posts by flycracker
Old May 31, 2002, 05:10 PM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
Re: Graphite

Quote:
Originally posted by flycracker
'Less I am mistaken you test fly some for Sean.

Yup, thats me.

Stay tuned to the sailplane forum and I'll post something we've been flying at lunch the last few days. It's pretty big.
Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
Old May 31, 2002, 09:58 PM
Launch the drones ...
Ashtabula, OH USA
Joined May 1999
2,676 Posts
FVK is a distributor. This is the web site of the mfg ...

http://www.airplane-model.com/

You can find a lot of technical info on the Graphite at this site.
Tim Green is online now Find More Posts by Tim Green
RCG Plus Member