Old Dec 03, 2005, 08:37 AM
Joined Sep 2005
89 Posts
oS .10 la max engine!! Wont START

Hi i have an os max .10 la
and im having trouble starting it,
i have a prop on there and
i primed it with fuel
and used a ruber finger protector but it randomly fires and hurts my finger but its ok
and it just ownt gret going
i use about 1/3 throttle....... and sport 5 fuel - i think it may be the glow plug starter but im charging for another go - but the cylinder head was quite warm before ....
also the engine is not new but good compression and stuff...
ALSO does anyone know WHAT the needle valve setting for an OS .10 is please or a rough estimate in turns - or if you have another make - but size 10 then how many turns please
thanks
beginnerflyerme! is offline Find More Posts by beginnerflyerme!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2005, 09:17 AM
Santo, Tx. La Tierra de Dios
Joined Nov 2005
151 Posts
beginner- Here's the on-line owners manual http://www.osengines.com/manuals/10-...5la-manual.pdf Jim
Whizz is offline Find More Posts by Whizz
Old Dec 06, 2005, 09:38 PM
Team Me!
AB, Canada
Joined Mar 2005
3,161 Posts
had the same prob. it says 4 1/2 in the manual but go for 2 to start with!! i had it spray me with gas in my face and clothes out of the carb at there reccomended setting!! oh and make sure you have it a little bit off peak RPM and that you have 7X4 (just in case you dont have the manual). and if you need any more info just ask
Happy Holdidays!
Joel
P-38J-Lightning is offline Find More Posts by P-38J-Lightning
Old Dec 08, 2005, 03:23 PM
It's hot here!
Dallas
Joined Dec 2004
362 Posts
Good reccomendations on the prop from Lightning. Start at 2 1/2 turns and work from there. Use an aluminim spinner nut and electric starter. Keep the fire on and use the starter until it fires. Keep the throttle open about 1/4 on startup and tune it in from there. If its an OS then make sure you have a good glo plug and YES you will need to make sure its charged.
It should start right up. My OS .15 la is the most reliable engine I have EVER owned. Never let me down before. Stick with it ,, you'll get it eventually.
-Best of luck!
babenson is offline Find More Posts by babenson