HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2005, 07:37 AM
frenzyscot
Dundee, Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
652 Posts
Idea
brushless motor sub-forum!!! thumbs up/down

Do you think that introducing a brushless motor sub-forum under Airplanes-Electric would be a GOOOOOOOOOD idea?
Certainly the brushless motor DIY and micro people would have more concetrated resources/idea exchange to benefit from, at least that is that is how I see it.

any thoughts? Sticky?
xterarc is offline Find More Posts by xterarc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2005, 09:14 AM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
There's already a forum for this

Are you aware of the Power Systems forum which already exists "under Airplanes-Electric"?

The Power Systems forum is where any threads related to motors belong. It would be insane to create another motor forum outside the existing Power Systems one. If there's really a need for a specific micro motor forum (which I doubt) it should be a sub-forum of Power Systems. however I think it's fine as it is.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Dec 03, 2005, 09:31 AM
frenzyscot
Dundee, Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
652 Posts
ok, you are right about that, but that forum isn't much about DIY brushless but rather discussion on ESC-motor combinations and general system setups- In fact there is more discussion going on in indoor and micro models about home-made micro brushless motors that in the power systems forum.
thanks

PS BUT probably I am wrong about the last one, and just haven't looked hard enough
Old Dec 03, 2005, 09:35 AM
frenzyscot
Dundee, Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
652 Posts
in fact now that I am having a second look... I was so wrong
Old Dec 03, 2005, 01:02 PM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Glad you found what you're after!
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Dec 03, 2005, 01:36 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,649 Posts
Hi,
While there are many different problems with micro brushless motors that are not addressed in the motor forum I think specific work on micro brushless should remain in this forum. Motors don't scale to micro sizes easily but many principles still apply no matter what the size. Personally I post my micro work here because it applies more to micro models. The seach funtion on this site is one of the best once you get to know it. I don't think the quanity of people working on micro BL motors warrants a seperate forum. I'm afraid many micro people won't monitor a seperate forum, whereas with this work interspersed in the indoor forum reaches many more interested people.
Just my $.02.
Mike
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross
Old Dec 03, 2005, 01:41 PM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,374 Posts
OTOH, many of the people who will want micro brushless motors are 3D fliers, who don't normally read this forum because they aren't interested in the really tiny stuff, just making the jump from a 150g model to a 75g or 50g model that flies like their existing ones...
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett