HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2005, 01:08 PM
Minneapolis
Joined Feb 2004
698 Posts
The specs look good

The simple answer is I don't know for certain, however, the specs look right as far as output is concerned. At $50 this looks like a steal.
Ed
SkyKing RC is offline Find More Posts by SkyKing RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2006, 02:48 PM
Joined Mar 2005
18 Posts
Hi, i just have one question. I would rather buy some transformer than make one by myself so i need your opinion. Would this work for a 30 inch bow and some ni-chrome wire or quitar string (don't know the width yet):
Here is the transformer that i want to buy

Or should i go for 10-12 AMP transformer (its a little more expensive, so i'm asking for the 5-7 AMPS first)

Hope you will help
David
BUCIbuc is offline Find More Posts by BUCIbuc
Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:38 AM
SlingWinger
San Bernardino, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
1,687 Posts
I still like using a car battery charger plugged into a fan speed controller or light dimmer. Cheap and relatively safe.
dayhead is online now Find More Posts by dayhead
Old Jan 15, 2006, 08:29 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2005
261 Posts
Sorry DoonRaker,
My internet access is sporadic, so I haven't been online for awhile.

The power supply I have is a dimmer switch attached to a transformer which gives me anything from 0 up to about 40 volts, purchased what seems like eons ago. I never cut below 13 volts or above 18 volts with a 30 inch bow.

The inconel wire I'm using was bought a long time ago from a model supply that no longer exists. That's unfortunate because it works really well and in fact I've never broken a wire yet after better than a decade of using it. It was expensive but now it's obvious that it was worth it.

1/32 stainless steel safety wire is widely available, cheap, and worked very well for me, I just like the inconel better.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoonRaker
ThermalSeeker,
What power supply setup do you use with that .020 Inconel wire? And where do you purchase the Inconel wire?
ThermalSeeker is online now Find More Posts by ThermalSeeker