HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2001, 08:54 PM
cincinati, oh
Joined Jul 2001
218 Posts
PLEASE...Mini-max, Litestick, or Litestick FD[PicoStick FD]

Littel help fellas..dont seem to get responses. I know form reading here that everyone likes the litestick, and i do to. but i have been told that the mini-max, and the litestick FD are newer better choices. I was told that they are more stable in flight, and have better overall performance. this will be my first electric, i am planning on using it with a GWS flight pack, and my Fuataba T6XA-S.

thanks again

asr
ramw5p is offline Find More Posts by ramw5p
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2001, 09:21 PM
Flying high since '85
Corvallis, Oregon
Joined Apr 2001
516 Posts
Hello, and sorry for the wait. I have had a lite stick, and lite stick fd. I wouldn't reccoment the mini-max, because it seams weak. A guy at my feild had one, and on a crash that wouldn't have phased the lite stick, he shattered the minimax. I have heard to many stories of wings folding up, and creating total loses out of the planes. I like my fuslage stick rather than the original. The wings were more secure, and the electronics were in better. It really seemed to fly bettter.
rdogg32 is offline Find More Posts by rdogg32
Old Aug 03, 2001, 09:34 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Go for the Litestick FD. I have about 30 flights on mine now and only had it a month. Im a glow flyer mostly and find the Litestick FD a different kind of challenge. I just started doing touch and goes with mine and having a blast. The full fuse is sturdy and strong and can handle slight wind.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Aug 04, 2001, 07:10 PM
Dallas,TX
Joined Jul 2001
1,656 Posts
the fuse version is nice but I would go with the cheap lite stick. It is low cost enough that if you wipe it out, it will either be an easy rebuild or just replace. I don't recommend the mini-max for reasons already mentioned.
mattk17 is offline Find More Posts by mattk17