SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 03, 2006, 09:40 AM
North by Northwest
Joined Nov 2003
2,422 Posts
Stuart, Wow, that is very light! Good job!

I don't know how many amps your motor draws, but I would think 2 cells should fly her handsomely, no more than she weighs. If it were me, I'd probably like a little more than the 800 MAh capacity, for longer flight times, and a little less stress on the battery. Since you have the 800 MAh, I would just go ahead and try it, as long as the discharge rate is within the acceptable range for the pack. I've found that lipos last much better if you can keep the average draw well below their upper stated limit. For instance, if the cells are rated for 10C I would try to keep the draw below 8C, and 6C is even better.

Best of luck with that first flight!

AmpAce
AmpAce is offline Find More Posts by AmpAce
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:40 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,691 Posts
Ok, restaring finishing my Cub but
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: JR P-38 take 2.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 09:47 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,691 Posts
Ok, restaring finishing my Cub but I'm still stuck at the point of trying to find a good acrylic match for Olive Drab. I've tried all of the Tamiya paints and serveral others besides all claiming to be O/D or close to it or featuring the word 'Olive' or 'Drab Green'. And yet none of these look right when tested on the model. I best example of the colour I've seen is testor/models masters OD paint, but as far as I've been able to find out, you carn't get it in the UK. I would even consider buying from the state's if I could find a place that sold the correct colour in acrylic.

I realise there's a 'grey area when it comes to finding a true match for OD, but I'm hoping anyone here may be able to point me in the right direction because until I've spray the model and can progress no more.

Any info helpful as always guys.

Thanks

Stuart
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:07 AM
Light and floaty does it
Cambridge, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Sep 2004
2,859 Posts
It faded like mad, so could be almost any colour from greenish brown to almost tan. A lot of OD in the field was made by mixing a little lamp black into yellow zinc chromate primer, so you could try that if you fancy a little DIY.

Otherwise I'd recommend the Xtracrylics range from www.hannants.co.uk they have the current FS OD and the ANA one. One or the other they also do in a 'faded' tone.
Work in Progress is offline Find More Posts by Work in Progress
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:00 PM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,691 Posts
Just adding to my 'to-do' list as I now have a workshop again..... I will get this finished for the summer.

Stuart
Site Sponsor