HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2001, 03:16 AM
Mike Swan
Oroville, California, United States
Joined Oct 2000
372 Posts
Is peck the only game in town for depron?

????
kit basher is offline Find More Posts by kit basher
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2001, 05:05 AM
pfg
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2001
446 Posts
staples, but its 3/16" think. your local meat store, its thin but hard to get a piece thats big enough to be usefull. perhaps ask were they get it - eventually you might find the maker and we would all have a way of getting full sheets without unwanted bends someone here actually had some sheets but that was a while ago - you could do a search on depron in the "for sale" area.
pfg is offline Find More Posts by pfg
Old Aug 02, 2001, 11:47 AM
El Centro, CA
Joined Jun 2001
86 Posts
Who and where is Peck?
I need some depron.
I didn't see any at Staples.
I currently buy sturdy board (foam board) at Walmart and soak the cardboard off in the bathtub. It's less than 2 bucks for a 2' by 3' sheet.
papichulo is offline Find More Posts by papichulo
Old Aug 02, 2001, 12:32 PM
Walled Lake, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2000
11,182 Posts
Staples has the same foamboard as WalMart, but WalMart has lower prices.
Dave Hederich is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Old Aug 02, 2001, 04:16 PM
I'll have the roast duck
oakland, ca
Joined Jun 2001
296 Posts
www.peck-polymers.com
maximus is offline Find More Posts by maximus
Old Aug 02, 2001, 04:38 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
I don't think you guys EVER read this when I post it.

Guillows, yes the plane kit maker sells DEPRON as "Foam Hobby Sheets" at your LHS. So if they carry guillows kits, Dupron is as close as your LHS!
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Aug 03, 2001, 01:58 AM
Mike Swan
Joined Oct 2000
372 Posts
Peck is in Santee CA 619-448-1818
Old Aug 03, 2001, 03:00 AM
Mike Swan
Joined Oct 2000
372 Posts
I asked them,all i got was a HUH?.I called Peck and ordered some,she said all they had left was brown 1/16th 24.9gr 11x17 sheets.
Old Aug 03, 2001, 08:47 AM
Stuck on a rock
Germany, NDS, WOB
Joined Nov 2000
5,953 Posts
Get smart - make a club purchase. Economy shipment from Denmark to the US is only USD 7 for the first kilo and USD 3 for each additional kilo. A 3mm sheet of Depron doesn't weigh a lot so you could put quite a large amount of Depron into a 5kg package. The sheets are 120x80 cm so they need to be cut into smaller sheets (ex 60x40) to fit within the allowed packet size. Full size sheets cost app. USD 2.50 so even with the cost of shipping they would still be reasonably priced.
epilot is online now Find More Posts by epilot
Old Aug 03, 2001, 10:18 AM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,432 Posts
I got some of the brown Depron from Peck a few months ago. At that time they had no idea when they might have the white in stock again. Sounds like they still don't.

Within the past couple of months a private individual posted on either this BB or the RCMicroflight BB that he had a supply of Depron and would sell it to people if they wanted. I think he was in the US. I did a quick search on both BB's and can't find it. If you look more carefully than I did you may find his post.

By the way, if you can't wait, consider building in brown. Peck has lots of other small things that are useful (like assorted diameters of aluminum tubing and piano wire, etc). You can easily put together a modest order with them for some good stuff to have around plus some brown Depron to play around with.

--Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Aug 03, 2001, 03:55 PM
New York, NY
Joined Dec 2000
1,297 Posts
Give Kenway MicroFlight a call at (908) 850-9571. They sell 0.5mm and 1.0mm 11"x17" sheets for around $18 per 10 sheets (mixed sizes allowed).

Jun Nolasco
nolasco is offline Find More Posts by nolasco
Old Aug 03, 2001, 08:33 PM
Strange Plane Central
Poway (near San Diego), CA US
Joined Dec 2000
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by epilot:
Get smart - make a club purchase. Economy shipment from Denmark to the US is only USD 7 for the first kilo and USD 3 for each additional kilo. A 3mm sheet of Depron doesn't weigh a lot so you could put quite a large amount of Depron into a 5kg package. The sheets are 120x80 cm so they need to be cut into smaller sheets (ex 60x40) to fit within the allowed packet size. Full size sheets cost app. USD 2.50 so even with the cost of shipping they would still be reasonably priced.
Problem is that weight is not the problem,it is the size.
frankenfoamy is offline Find More Posts by frankenfoamy