HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2005, 02:10 AM
From the bowels of MI
Joined Apr 2004
751 Posts
Question
Hyperion Ultra-Micro 3.7g Servo? Good/Bad?

Does anyone have any experience with these servos? I'm looking for something in this weight class to replace the chattering/glitching Cirrus CS-4.4 that I had planned on using in a Guillows 16.5" wingspan model conversion.

The price seems nice for this weight. It's available here:
http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=2886

Other suggestions/recommendations are welcome. Thanks!

-Wayno-san
Wayno-san is offline Find More Posts by Wayno-san
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2005, 06:11 AM
Me likes Depron...
Amsterdam Schiphol, Netherlands
Joined Mar 2003
1,577 Posts
I have some in my tiny 3D plane and I think they are pretty good
The Cirrus/Dymond 44's are crap indeed!
Pjotrrr is offline Find More Posts by Pjotrrr
Old Nov 25, 2005, 07:45 AM
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Joined Dec 2004
992 Posts
Looks like a Blue Arrow servo?
FHHOBBIES is offline Find More Posts by FHHOBBIES
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:32 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,925 Posts
I've got three of Blue Arrow's 3.6 servos, and indeed the Hyperions look just like them. One of mine hunts slightly around the center position, so they seem to be a bit of a crap shoot in quality.

Looee
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Old Nov 25, 2005, 03:52 PM
Re-kit'r extraordinair
Middle Georgia
Joined Apr 2004
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looooeeee!
I've got three of Blue Arrow's 3.6 servos, and indeed the Hyperions look just like them. One of mine hunts slightly around the center position, so they seem to be a bit of a crap shoot in quality.

Looee
Then they must be blue arrow, because they are known for that problem.
Out of 4 I have, only 1 is usable, and just barely. I've seen the same problem on other servos, including HS-55's but only once in a while. I wish I knew what causes it, I would try and fix them. Can't be the motor, either the electronixs or the pot. btw, HL has had the BA servos on sale all day today trying to pawn them off on someone..

Rick
rickhtoo is offline Find More Posts by rickhtoo
Old Nov 26, 2005, 11:21 AM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,925 Posts
If the BA 3.6's from HL are going really cheap, they might be worth the money, you can't beat them for small and light in a non JST connectored servo. The one I have that hunts isn't so bad to make it unusable, at least for a slow flying scale model.

I've had worse, the PC-9 micro servos from Aircraft World a couple of years ago were the fidgitiest tweaks ever pawned off as RC gear. They now sell them through Raidentech, don't even bother with them.

Looee
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:12 PM
From the bowels of MI
Joined Apr 2004
751 Posts
I ended up ordering a couple of the 4.x and one of the 3.6 BA servos from the HobbyLobby sale yesterday. I'll be sure to test them throroughly when I receive them. They put the HS-55 on sale right after I ordered the others.... doh!!!
-Wayno-san
Wayno-san is offline Find More Posts by Wayno-san
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:18 PM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
United States, CA, Saratoga
Joined Dec 2000
593 Posts
What about the E-Flite S75's? They are heavier, but they seem to have a great reputation. And at $12.99 to $13.99 they are a bargain.

Bob
bobandris is offline Find More Posts by bobandris