HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:01 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,292 Posts
Be carefull..Crashing can be addictive

Warning to all: Crashing and exploding planes can be quite exilirating. I know everyone can relate to this ,especially if it's someone elses model.. However.. If you've ever owned a Zagi or any other durrable epp plane, you know how much fun it is to crash your own, all by yourself! Inverted 6 in. above ground, pulling an outside loop, and snaping out is great fun.

Just be careful.... Or you won't be able to stop...
And when you spend thousands on something more exciting.....trust me not crashing is even more fun!
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:22 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Jan 2005
545 Posts
That's what the simulator is for.
tridim is offline Find More Posts by tridim
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:36 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,292 Posts
Real life is better. Three dimensions are better than two. Pushing to the limit is better if there are real consequences.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 07:36 PM
Lexington, Ky
Joined Apr 2004
421 Posts
For me, the most exciting crash is when you do a roll in your Spit at about two hundred feet and the battery hatch comes off and the battery is slung out and dangles below the plane. You instinctively fight to contol the plane and it spins and rolls. If you're lucky, you actually regain control and are able to land safely.

My second favorite crash is when you are way up, the higher the better, and the plane suddenly goes into a glitch dive and you watch helplessly as the plane dives toward the gound, hoping that it will respond to full up elevator. You almost cry out "Pull up! Pull up." Sometimes it doesn't. But when it does pull up just a split second before being destroyed, its almost like an adrenalin rush.
Condre' is offline Find More Posts by Condre'
Old Nov 23, 2005, 07:42 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,292 Posts
My own personal favorite was blowing both wings off my siren in a high speed level pass...the fueslage snaped rolled straight into the ground and I dug out my prop and motor.what a surprise! Glad I fly alone!
Old Nov 23, 2005, 08:02 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkens4
If you've ever owned a Zagi or any other durrable epp plane, you know how much fun it is to crash your own
Or a carbon and ripstop plane like a Mini IFO. I've snagged leaves off of bushes with the landing gear and kept on going, touched the top of the tail on the ground flying low and inverted, and got major ding marks on my props from hitting tree limbs. I can't count the number of times I've crashed this thing doing something stupid.
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Nov 23, 2005, 08:08 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
*snif*

I think i smell a Troll here
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Old Nov 23, 2005, 08:09 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
I landed my slow stick on the roof of the house the other day....this was after spending about an hour in the front yard flying between limbs of the pine trees. and trying to "slap" the tail on the ground...
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Nov 23, 2005, 08:31 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Well, if crashing is fun, I have had a BLAST lately! My Zagis winglet and hatch cover is busted (fight with power lines), my Slow Stick gear box is broken (attacked by a fence), the nose is broke off the Easy Star (tree grabbed the wing on final), the Super Flea has a busted motor mount and prop (who put that house there?), the tail is hangin off my 7 foot home built plane (poorly designed), the Sponge Bob plane has no speed control in it right now (in the 7 footer), the Formosa is dead (burried it today) the tripple motor delta I made wont fly (not enough power), and a foamy cub was put to rest today.

Whooo hooo, yipppeee, Im havin fun now!

Thanksgiving day is "Plane fixin" day!!!

And I gotta add, I AM THANKFUL that at least I have/had 10 planes to be broken!
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Nov 23, 2005, 08:38 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,292 Posts
See what I mean. After a while you even start to expect that you'll crash.
Sometimes, when people are watching, you just want to give them that "something extra", something new, after all, they've just seen" loops and rolls" over and over again. We Americans are a tough crowd. So... why not, I'll just go over and pick that Zagi right up and fly it again. Very Dangerous!!

Pretty soon you're crashing everthing in sight, even when you don't want to. Don't let this happen to you! It happened to me.
Last edited by kkens4; Nov 23, 2005 at 09:16 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 09:19 PM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Hangar rashes are my favorite. Carry your plane from basement up the stairs.
Forget that there is landing gear on. Hit door jamb and main gears rip right out. Oh the fun starts with 30 minute epoxy and fiberglas cloth!

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
Old Nov 23, 2005, 09:19 PM
Louisville KY
Joined Oct 2004
1,069 Posts
Glad you guys are having fun....I don't want to talk about it .

I don't mind crashing when it's because I'm having a ball letting it all hang out, but I just had one of those mysterious "flying flat and level at WOT and all of a sudden the plane dives straight into the ground for no apparent reason" kind of crashes, that sucks.
podavis is offline Find More Posts by podavis
Last edited by podavis; Nov 23, 2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 10:22 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by podavis
Glad you guys are having fun....I don't want to talk about it .

I don't mind crashing when it's because I'm having a ball letting it all hang out, but I just had one of those mysterious "flying flat and level at WOT and all of a sudden the plane dives straight into the ground for no apparent reason" kind of crashes, that sucks.
There you have it again........ Don't mind when"having a ball,..ect." But dissapointed at other times.... Hard to have it both ways!

That's what this warning post is for: ALL crashes suck! Just don't do it, ever! That's the point.
That is all.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 01:12 AM
Resistered Loser
United States, IL, Paris
Joined Jul 2005
308 Posts
Hey, how about the excitement of the old.."I forgot to extend my TX antenna" crash. SO EXHILIRATING!....i hate to crash.
bicmedic is offline Find More Posts by bicmedic
Old Nov 24, 2005, 09:28 AM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkens4
See what I mean. After a while you even start to expect that you'll crash.
No. What I expect is that I'll leave the field with my equipment in the same condition it was in when I arrived, except for battery charge levels.
Quote:
Sometimes, when people are watching, you just want to give them that "something extra", something new
Sounds like pretty soon, flying without crashing will be that something new, something extra, and I worry that you won't have the skills to deliver.
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē