HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2007, 06:20 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Scott,

EddieP who built the P3 Orion I now have in my hangar and myself have talked about just that. It is our opinion that having multi props blowing right at the wing does in fact help by showing the wing a higher airspeed than what flight speed alone will give it. The Orion has a 49" wing and flies very well on 4 speed 300 motors direct drive.

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2007, 02:57 PM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
Two of mine from a recent electric fly-in.

1st Photo by billsmithjr.

2nd photo by RCMustang- same planes, same event.

Steve
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Last edited by Socomon; Jul 05, 2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2007, 10:32 PM
I work to Fly
Lethbridge Alberta Canada
Joined Sep 2005
130 Posts
Here's a few of my Warbirds. Ultrafly P-40, Alpha F-86, My favorite flier a Scorpio Spitfire and my newest not quit done but a GWS ME109E all glassed and painted like Helmut Wicks aircraft late 1940 from JG2. I'm getting made the Richthofen emblem and his own Horrido insignia this should set it off nicely. Hope you enjoy
savageone is offline Find More Posts by savageone
Old Jul 06, 2007, 12:02 AM
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,841 Posts
Here is my Megatech P-51D Mustang. I had it finished and hanging around for a long time. I finally flew it after a few tries. You can see the video here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...68#post7750327 The unusual thing is that I use a Helmet Cam to do the video. Not bad.

The motor is a Tower Pro 2408-21 with a GWS 8X4 DD prop. The battery is a Hextronik 1300 Mah and the controller is a Hextronic 18 amp. The weight is 20.5 ounces.
**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**
Last edited by **neons**; Jul 06, 2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2007, 01:55 AM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Temse
Joined Dec 2004
342 Posts
Hi this is my Kyosho P-51 D Mustang, originally itís a gas powered plane but me and my uncle build in an electric motor. Iíve altered my collor scheme a little bit because I didnít like the original one. I also added some extra features on it like landing light, gear bay doors, fully functional.

The doors are controlled by the Orbit sequencer, the landing light will come automatically on when the gears are lowered.
I have made a little movie of the gear doors. Hope to fly it soon if the weather turns around.

movie can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...05#post7750839
Benovitch is offline Find More Posts by Benovitch
Last edited by Benovitch; Jul 06, 2007 at 03:25 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2007, 02:30 AM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Beautiful work, Benovitch. Stunning.

Can you post the video of the gear and light setup? Thanks

Doc
docrob is offline Find More Posts by docrob
Old Jul 06, 2007, 03:28 AM
Joined Dec 2004
342 Posts
Docrob, in the video the light is not connected. But on the last foto you can see the bright white spot in the gear bay, thatís the landing light. Its made of two white ledís that are sanded to their half and than glued together.
Old Jul 06, 2007, 08:43 AM
slowest builder ever
Dacula GA
Joined Jun 2006
347 Posts
Two Beautiful Mustangs.
Neons In the Vid it looks like you actually went into the clouds a couple of times. Did you or was it just and illusion of the Vid? Also I think a little bigger Prop will get the Doginess out of her.
Benocitch the retract set up is slick. well done.
wilky is offline Find More Posts by wilky
Old Jul 06, 2007, 09:32 AM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
I did not see it go into the clouds. It looks like it has a scary stall though, they way it tumbled end-over-end.
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Old Jul 06, 2007, 09:32 AM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky
Two Beautiful Mustangs.
Neons In the Vid it looks like you actually went into the clouds a couple of times. Did you or was it just and illusion of the Vid? Also I think a little bigger Prop will get the Doginess out of her.
Benocitch the retract set up is slick. well done.

Wilky,
The Tower Pro 2408-21 motor is very powerful for a a small outrunner. It is cheap too. It rates better than a brushed 400 motor. I like the fact also not having a gearbox. This motor has graphs posted in many places. It is pretty well determined that the best all around range of power is with a DD 8x4 prop. I have a motor tester on my bench with a Whatmeter and thrust gage. I also get the best performance with that prop. I may try the 8x6 DD today. I have determined that the wing area and the 27.75 inches wingspan is and the weight factor applied to the square inches seem to be the problem. I have flown many GWS planes and it is not as evident with those. The plastic fuselage is kind of heavy. I still would not kick her out of bed though. She is still a pretty flier.
The illusion you seem to get is the camera is on my helmet. It is aimed higher than eye level. When I fly over head all you see is clouds. It has a nice effect , I think. They were real nice clouds. The plane was kept close so it would not be to tiny. I can't operate the zoom and fly yet.
Thanks, **Neons** Bob
Old Jul 06, 2007, 11:06 AM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,841 Posts
Hi Benovitch
I saw the video. You are a fine crafstman. I like the slow realistic movement also. I hope you do not close the gear on the doors while in place. Congratulations!
**Neons** Bob
Old Jul 07, 2007, 03:00 AM
Joined Dec 2004
342 Posts
Neons,
Normally if the sequencer does his job well the gear doors will open before the gear comes in. it also possible to program the sequencer that the doors stay open wile the wheels are down. But this is not like the real thing, on the real P-51D the doors are closed on the ground.
Old Jul 07, 2007, 05:25 AM
Vinde
Brussels, Belgium
Joined Jan 2006
16 Posts
Hello Benovitch,

I like the way your landing gear retracts slowly. I guess it is a mechanical one.
Is it just the servo or the orbit sequencer allowing that ?

I'm busy to electrify a Graupner Me-108, I'd like to have such a slow retracting sequence.

And yes, you're right, the weather is incredibly bad for july.

Totziens.
vinde is offline Find More Posts by vinde
Old Jul 07, 2007, 07:53 AM
Joined Sep 2006
255 Posts
My latest completed project. Flying Styro B-25. Full retracts and lights.
Also, scratch built Lear 45 twin EDF. Full retracts flaperons.
vortices is offline Find More Posts by vortices
Old Jul 07, 2007, 08:34 AM
Australia, NSW, Mona Vale
Joined May 2002
5,440 Posts
Vortices.

Is that an EDF Models Lear Jet. ???

Paddy.
oldpilot is offline Find More Posts by oldpilot