HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:27 PM
wisconsin
Joined Nov 2005
52 Posts
Rant
bware of ARCHIES HOBBIES pinellas park fl.

i just bought a gyro, went home to hook it up, it did not work, i took it back to him the next day, he told me i had to send it back to the MFG at my own cost, now that is what i call bad biz, from now on i will order online, i spent well over $5000 in the last year at archies no more with this guy
nabit is offline Find More Posts by nabit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:56 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
$5,000 at Archies per year? You wouldnt exaggerate because you are mad would you?I seriously doubt that, but I suppose its possible. Their policy of defective items purchased is consistent with every other hobby shop I know of. No, you did not get ripped off, you just didnt get treated special as you wanted to be treated.
tenacious101010 is offline Find More Posts by tenacious101010
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious101010 View Post
$5,000 at Archies per year? You wouldnt exaggerate because you are mad would you?I seriously doubt that, but I suppose its possible. Their policy of defective items purchased is consistent with every other hobby shop I know of. No, you did not get ripped off, you just didnt get treated special as you wanted to be treated.
Really? Did you look at the date on the post you just replied to? It's from 6 years ago!!!!!!!!
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:34 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Really? Did you look at the date on the post you just replied to? It's from 6 years ago!!!!!!!!

Us Floridians live a real laid-back life and get to the unimportant things when we can spare some free time. 6 years is about right for that kind of problem.
I see they are still in business.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:14 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
LMAO, does the date really matter? Not to me, whining is whining no matter what day one whines. Is there an established time limit like a "Whiners statute of limitations?" And to be fair to everyone, I have dealing with them for years and found them awesome, so theres my opinion, Please wait 6 years before replying
Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:25 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious101010 View Post
LMAO, does the date really matter? Not to me, whining is whining no matter what day one whines. Is there an established time limit like a "Whiners statute of limitations?" And to be fair to everyone, I have dealing with them for years and found them awesome, so theres my opinion, Please wait 6 years before replying
I'm not so sure calling him out at this point helps much considering the whiner hasnt logged into RCG for the last two years,. Its why you got a popup message from the site warning you that this was a dead thread and to start another thread rather than posting in this one again.

Its all good though............I just thought it was amusing considering you have only 31 post in 7 years and THIS was the thread that was important enough to reply to.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:31 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
Well, it is important to me, glad you noticed. I dont like to see good people put down. Now if anyone stumbles across this site, they will have another perspective about Archies.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 03:22 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,182 Posts
BBB lists no complaints over the last 3 years.....can't be too bad.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 04:57 PM
A posse ad esse
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Feb 2011
921 Posts
And besides all that, Veronica thinks Archie is hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
BBB lists no complaints over the last 3 years.....can't be too bad.
daddyrabbit1954 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1954
Last edited by daddyrabbit1954; Jan 06, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 06:28 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,182 Posts
That was after my time. LOL
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:14 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
Lol!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:47 PM
Professional Amateur
Joined Feb 2013
1,806 Posts
I ordered a part last week from Archies through their ebay store, and was accidentally shipped a different order. Today i finally got a chance to call the store during business hours and they had no problems with making it right. Great service, and they're sending me two of what i ordered to make up for the inconvenience.

I know it's an old thread, but i just wanted to give Archies a thumbs up for great service. I'll definitely be shopping at Archies again.
Rusty Mustard is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Mustard
Old Sep 10, 2014, 03:54 PM
United States, OR, Grants Pass
Joined May 2011
2 Posts
Just made my first purchase from Archies this week (Sep 2014). Their response to my order was super quick and they shipped the part I needed out the very next morning. Unfortunately, the Post Office was not so kind to my part and it got here damaged. I emailed Archies about the problem and again they were super responsive and took care of the problem instantly and to my total satisfaction. Despite the shipping issue, II would say this is a great company and I would not hesitate a second to recommend or buy from them again. It's bad enough to have an unfortunate happening with an order without the seller being a PITA and doing a blame game. These guys are great and I look forward to buying from them again very soon. ...Tiger
Tigerbotics is offline Find More Posts by Tigerbotics