HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:53 PM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
632 Posts
Balsa Products- better late than never

Recently ordered a closeout tx batt from Balsa Products. Sent them a check clearly stateing that I was only willing to pay $2.80 for shipping. When I rcd batt and saw a $6 shipping charge I immed. e-mailed, they said not to worry, "forgot to reset shipping code". Imagine how I felt when the full charge turned up on visa bill. THEY HAD NO AUTHORIZATION TO USE MY VISA #!Looking closely at the bill, it aknowledges receipt of check, types order as "retail phone" (another lie) lists credit card info (unauthorized). Not having gotten the cleared check back, don't know whether I paid $23.20 for a $7.20 batt, or merely the unauthorized $13.20. Do I have the "kick me" sign on my back or what? jim

edit (my computer skills are worse than my spelling) I've recenty had great service from andrew @AWLhobbies (a free! servo) and dave @lightflightrc so I pledge not to talk about the "smokey super soarwatt i rcd from modelairtec/aerocraft, or the runaround from tower hobbies
jim e is offline Find More Posts by jim e
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jim e; Nov 24, 2005 at 07:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:59 PM
Athens, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2004
1,669 Posts
I have had excellent service from Balsa Products but I let them tell me what the shipping charge is and then I pay by cc. No problems what so ever.
ekotil is offline Find More Posts by ekotil
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:58 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
how'd they get your visa # in the first place?
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Nov 22, 2005, 05:47 PM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
I personally think that BP is great, remember that a credit takes 10-12 days to show up on your statement thanks to the banks wanting to use your money.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Nov 22, 2005, 08:06 PM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
632 Posts
BP got my credit card number from previous order. This order was mailed in with a check. If they wanted more than they could have communicated that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2005, 03:00 PM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
632 Posts
Toning it down

I have made a request to the "management" (can't find a moderator) to tone down the title of ** thread. Spoke briefly with balsa products and the e-zone description got their attention and they may have credited some money to ** credit card account. Don't know what happened to the check. I did e-mail tham several weeks ago but they did nothing then but don't appreciate ** communication the same way I didn't appreciate being baloneyed. No action resulted from ** attempt at communicating the first time. Jim
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2005, 03:11 PM
www.bphobbies.com
Lincroft, NJ
Joined Feb 2003
132 Posts
For the record, this was a simple human mistake where his card was charged incorrectly (a copy and paste from the previous invoice). As soon as we found out (from reading this thread), we credited his card for the full amount. We have no record of any e-mail being received from him (and we keep *all* e-mails). A simple phone call would have resolved the problem.

Mike C.
Balsa Products
cybermike is offline Find More Posts by cybermike
Old Nov 23, 2005, 03:23 PM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
632 Posts
Whose the liar now

Mike is saying I didn't communicate with them. I say otherwise. Where's my check? (I did save invoice #V54xxxx)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2005, 03:28 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42
Syracuse, NY
Joined May 2005
1,616 Posts
Well I've ordered from BP several times with no complaints. Got a faulty BL esc once and they replced it right away, and my billing has always been in order.
Hugequark is offline Find More Posts by Hugequark
Old Nov 23, 2005, 03:30 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
BP has always done right by me.

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Nov 23, 2005, 03:33 PM
www.bphobbies.com
Lincroft, NJ
Joined Feb 2003
132 Posts
Please read this carefully, as I'm not going to post here again:
1. Your credit card was charged by mistake
2. As soon as we found out, we credited your credit card. This will show up in your credit card account in a few days. If you don't believe me, call your credit card issuing bank.
3. Your check was deposited by us to pay for your order. I re-iterate, your credit card was charged *by mistake*
4. I did not say you "didn't communicate" with us. I am simply stating the fact that we have no record of your e-mail. There are many reasons why this could happen that neither of us have any control over.

Finally, I want to point out that you received your item for $4 less than the actual advertised price with shipping. We thought we were doing you a favor.

Mike C.
Balsa Products
cybermike is offline Find More Posts by cybermike
Old Nov 23, 2005, 03:40 PM
Joined Sep 2003
20 Posts
Ordered from them several times and never had a problem. Most mistakes/problems can be taken care of privately with a little patience.
redsplatter is offline Find More Posts by redsplatter
Old Nov 23, 2005, 04:54 PM
OpenPilot
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
1,792 Posts
BP are great, one of the best in fact.

Mike you really should start to have a ban list for the small percentage of losers in this hobby, I would not do business with people like this.

By the way its thieves and not "thiefs", if you didn't look bad enough.
dankers is offline Find More Posts by dankers
Old Nov 23, 2005, 05:16 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,574 Posts
An error made by a reputable company does not make them "thieves and liars".

I think a post titled "Billing error with Balsa Products-Help!" is a lot more productive than an instant ramp up to all out name calling.

I believe you can edit the thread title in your original post..have you tried that?

All my orders with them have been perfect....about 6-8 total.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Nov 23, 2005, 05:33 PM
Suspended Account
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
I have been the victim of dishonest business practices exactly twice in RC related dealings - out of hundreds of orders. I know how it feels to think you have been ripped off. In both instances, I used the public power of RC Groups to seek redress. In one case, it worked. After many posts, and being subject to much ridicule, I received a full refund from the guilty company. In the second instance, I got an appology only. I take no issue with someone using this forum for its exact intended purpose. That having been said, however, it appears you over-reacted to a human error. There is a world of difference between mistake and theft. I have a favorite on-line hobby supplier (it's not Balsa Products, although I have used them and been very satisfied). It is a vendor that very rarely makes a mistake, but bends over backwards when they do. It appears that BP has tried to make good on its mistake in this case. You should make good on your mistake as well - retract the obviously mistaken name calling. Thats what adults do when they find themselves in the wrong.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge