HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2001, 04:05 PM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,910 Posts
Manufacturer of Czech "Champion" park flyer

At the recent Hayes fly-in I saw a superb 30" span low wing aerobatic park flyer. It was a Czech ARF park flyer, with a very light glass fuse and a nice built up wing. It came with a 280 and gearbox, though the modeller and fitted a 280BB.

The model performed *really* excellently, with vertical rolls straight from takeoff, rolling circles, and lots of impressive precision aerobatics.

The owner had apparently forgotten the manufacturer! Can anyone identify this model?

TIA,

Neil.

[This message has been edited by Neil Stainton (edited 05-14-2001).]
Neil Stainton is offline Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2001, 04:23 PM
Recruiter - 60 Amp Club
Rutherfordton, North Carolina, United States
Joined Apr 2001
5,941 Posts
Neil,

These folks might have what you want http://www.jr-models.cz/contents.htm

Ed
Ed Lyerly is offline Find More Posts by Ed Lyerly
Old May 14, 2001, 05:13 PM
HyperFlight Support
Joined Feb 2001
3,910 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Ed. Actually I had already looked there as the fuse did look a bit like the light glasswork on my JR Mossie kit.

If it is JR it isn't listed on their web site. This model looked a bit like the full size Volksplane homebuilt - but performed more like a Pitts Special!

Neil.
Old May 14, 2001, 05:17 PM
TN
Joined May 2000
1,136 Posts
Neil

Hobby Lobby will have this plane in shortly. I built the one that we have in the new catalog and it is a gem. It will be $99 including the gearbox and a mig 280 motor.
Hope this helps.

Mike Hines
Hiflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hiflyer
Old May 14, 2001, 05:22 PM
HyperFlight Support
Joined Feb 2001
3,910 Posts
> Hobby Lobby will have this plane in shortly. I built the one that we have in the new catalog and it is a gem. It will be $99 including the gearbox and a mig 280 motor.
Hope this helps.

Mike, it would help if you gave me the manufacturer! Can you give me any more info about the model Hobby Lobby will be getting?

TIA,

Neil.